Anquan Boldin

I know a Wide Receiver isnt much of a need and we need a CB,DE or OLB with our 2rd but Someone like Boldin for a 3rd thats something you have to think about.

http://www.rotoworld...t=NFL&hl=168772

problem is we have no 2nd rd pick, we traded it to KC for Gonzo.....

best thing we can do is keep telling ourself that second rounder got us gonzo for 2 maybe 3 solid yrs...

eases the pain alot lol

He ain't old, not short sighted at all. He will cost a good amount, but now would be the time to get a deal done. I'd gladly send off a 3rd for Boldy.

It's a deep draft, he tends to get banged up and he is going to be over 30 by the time the season starts. Unless there's a reasonable 3-4 year deal in place, then personally I'd take my chances with a third round pick. BUT...Boldin would likely net us a 3rd round compensation pick in 2 years right? So if that's true, then by all means go for it lol.

Edited by Fire_Mularkey

It's a deep draft, he tends to get banged up and he is going to be over 30 by the time the season starts. Unless there's a reasonable 3-4 year deal in place, then personally I'd take my chances with a third round pick. BUT...Boldin would likely net us a 3rd round compensation pick in 2 years right? So if that's true, then by all means go for it lol.

He will be 30 like 6 weeks into the season. But Boldin is a starting frickin WR who plays physical. Dude has averaged over 1,000 yards a year (7500 yards/7 years). We could work out a big signing bonus.

We should still get a comp pick in the 3rd, just a bit later than we want to pick. White-Boldin-HD would be redonkulous. THAT is a team with a GREAT set of WR's. Think of Gonzo out there too!

If this helps: I RARELY EVER want to trade away a pick. Boldin is the man, and a 3rd round pick is a friggin bargain for him.

The problem isn't the third round pick the Cards are asking for its the fact that you have to pay after you trade for him and with the injury history and the fact that we already have a number one guy and we are getting HD back I don't see why we would do it. I'm not saying I would be against it because I love Boldin and the physical type of play and leadership he brings would be huge for a young team and we would have a top tier offense, I just believe we should put our money somewhere else.

The problem isn't the third round pick the Cards are asking for its the fact that you have to pay after you trade for him and with the injury history and the fact that we already have a number one guy and we are getting HD back I don't see why we would do it. I'm not saying I would be against it because I love Boldin and the physical type of play and leadership he brings would be huge for a young team and we would have a top tier offense, I just believe we should put our money somewhere else.

His injury history is not bad. He's played 12+ games the past 5 years. Not great, but not bad. He missed a good bit of games when HE BROKE HIS FRIGGIN FACE, but he still came back that season to play like a baller.

Just think of putting HD in the slot, with White and Boldin out wide. And Gonzo. Gonzo will probably still catch the ball. But trading for a starting WR under 30 for a 3rd rounder is HUGE.

His injury history is not bad. He's played 12+ games the past 5 years. Not great, but not bad. He missed a good bit of games when HE BROKE HIS FRIGGIN FACE, but he still came back that season to play like a baller.

Just think of putting HD in the slot, with White and Boldin out wide. And Gonzo. Gonzo will probably still catch the ball. But trading for a starting WR under 30 for a 3rd rounder is HUGE.

But you are forgetting that we have to resign him also and he is going to want top receiver type of money. I'm not saying its a bad idea to get him I would like the idea. Im just saying after having to deal with so many injuries last year do you really want to give top dollars to a receiver with a lot of injuries.

It's a nice fantasy, and one that I'm not totally against. Boldin has stated before he wants a huge deal, so it would likely be a rental. But with the impending lockout+compensation, maybe that makes it worth the risk?

To both: yes, I realize he wants to get paid. If he takes $7-8 million a year, I'm bout it. If we can get 5 years/5,000 yards for $40 million and a 3rd round pick is friggin awesome.

Should I point out the last McKay draft? Where we picked up Robinson for a 3rd rounder? Milner in the 4th? What sounded like an awesome 6th round with Stone/Irons/Lewis/and friggin Datish?

Boldin is proven, shouldn't get crazy money, and is coming pretty cheap pick wise. He will also plug in to our starting line up immediately.

The Seahawks gave Houshyourmamma $8 million a year last year. Let's just remember the going rate for a starting WR.

He will be 30 like 6 weeks into the season. But Boldin is a starting frickin WR who plays physical. Dude has averaged over 1,000 yards a year (7500 yards/7 years). We could work out a big signing bonus.

We should still get a comp pick in the 3rd, just a bit later than we want to pick. White-Boldin-HD would be redonkulous. THAT is a team with a GREAT set of WR's. Think of Gonzo out there too!

If this helps: I RARELY EVER want to trade away a pick. Boldin is the man, and a 3rd round pick is a friggin bargain for him.

Boldin would add to an already good passing game. We need to use that 3rd rounder to help the weaker parts of our team.

If we go pass rusher in the 1st, we will need another CB another LB and a OL first.

We could definitely use some help at WR but not at the cost of a first day pick.

Boldin would add to an already good passing game. We need to use that 3rd rounder to help the weaker parts of our team.

If we go pass rusher in the 1st, we will need another CB another LB and a OL first.

We could definitely use some help at WR but not at the cost of a first day pick.

3rd round was a 2nd day pick last year, and will be a 2nd day pick again as well.

We will address one position in FA. We will also have another pick in the 3rd (comp). So, Boldin with the 3rd could still mean Graham with the 1st and Alphabet v2.0 in the 3rd. A 3rd rounder isn't gonna be a make or break position.

3rd round was a 2nd day pick last year, and will be a 2nd day pick again as well.

We will address one position in FA. We will also have another pick in the 3rd (comp). So, Boldin with the 3rd could still mean Graham with the 1st and Alphabet v2.0 in the 3rd. A 3rd rounder isn't gonna be a make or break position.

I meant that it would be our 1st 2 picks. 1st round and then 3rd round.

Its not gonna make or break it but TD and Coach Smith are pretty confident with our WR core. Dont get me wrong, we need depth at WR but we are not in need of a #1, #2 or #3 WR.

I dont see us thinking about WR until the 4th round.

Boldin would bring a lot of playmaking ability to the lineup but we already have bunch of guys who can make plays.

R. White, M. Jenkins, H. Douglas, B. Finneran at WR, TG and J. Peele at TE and Norwood and Snelling in the backfield is a very good set of recieving options for M. Ryan

Add in the fact that M. Turner is the feature of our offense and he almost rushed for 1,000 yards in half a season.

Sure the league is becoming more and more a passing league but the keys to winning in the NFL are still having a good run game and playing good defense.

Our needs on defense outweigh any WR on the market.

We won't draft another CB late, we have CBs from the past 2 drafts still improving. We will sign a Veteran CB.

So DE and CB in FA

OLB first round.

that leaves our first 3rd rounder for free use, and for Anquan a 3rd rounder is nothing. The dude is top 10 WR in the league when he get thrown to.

No thank you.

Why not? State your case. Spork has already pointed out 1,000 good reasons to do this deal, if it were to come up. I agree with him. Boldin would add infinitely more value than any rookie we could pick up in the 3rd round. Gahr-Ron-TEED!!

We won't draft another CB late, we have CBs from the past 2 drafts still improving. We will sign a Veteran CB.

So DE and CB in FA

OLB first round.

that leaves our first 3rd rounder for free use, and for Anquan a 3rd rounder is nothing. The dude is top 10 WR in the league when he get thrown to.

Depends on what we address in FA

If we are relatively quiet in FA, no way we send a pick for Boldin

If we address DE or CB in FA, we might look at him.

I just dont understand why there is this belief that we are in need of a WR so bad?

If we didnt suffer so many injuries are offense would have been right where it was in 08'

Depends on what we address in FA

If we are relatively quiet in FA, no way we send a pick for Boldin

If we address DE or CB in FA, we might look at him.

I just dont understand why there is this belief that we are in need of a WR so bad?

If we didnt suffer so many injuries are offense would have been right where it was in 08'

I don't see it as that big of a need, either. I think a lot of people are down on Jenkins, though. I'm not in that camp, I just like Boldin a lot. A dude that breaks his face, his whole freakin' FACE, and comes back in the game, what 8 weeks later or something? That's a bonafide warrior!