American Idol. So, the Mexican kid is now sounding like

Isosceles

And I don't like ANY of the guys! :wacko:

I turned it on last night because I was expecting to see the girls sing. But they did a switcharoo!

But back to the Mexican kid. Wheeeesh! I think even us non-singers can carry a tune with some song, somewhere. And that's what he did with Straight Up, which got everybody thinking he was good. But now his true self has been revealed. He's sounding like a caller on one of the Spanish radio stations trying to sing.

And don't get me started on the other guys.

If anyone wants to reply, tell us what you think of some of them.

P.S. I hope the word "chalupa" is not a derogatory term. I don't mean it that way.

Joe

I turned it on last night because I was expecting to see the girls sing. But they did a switcharoo!

But back to the Mexican kid. Wheeeesh! I think even us non-singers can carry a tune with some song, somewhere. And that's what he did with Straight Up, which got everybody thinking he was good. But now his true self has been revealed. He's sounding like a caller on one of the Spanish radio stations trying to sing.

P.S. I hope the word "chalupa" is not a derogatory term. I don't mean it that way.

Joe

It's okay. I'm sure you have Mexican friends.

Guest Gritz

My wife and I took last year off but we're hooked again this year....

The best ones are both ones who performed first this week....

The big fella Michael Lynch knocked James Brown's "It's a Man's World" outta the park last night. He could have a remake hit with that right now....

....and Carla, the earthy girl, has scads more talent than any of the other ladies.

The big fella Michael Lynch knocked James Brown's "It's a Man's World" outta the park last night. He could have a remake hit with that right now....

....and Carla, the earthy girl, has scads more talent than any of the other ladies.

Yeah, he did a great job with that song. I'm not feeling a lot of people on the show this year, but he's one of the few that stand out to me.

2 things that are getting on my nerves.

The advice from the judges has been all over the place and for the most part meaningless.

The second is the fly by camera angles. They spend 20 seconds or less on the actual performer..and the next 2 minutes zooming in and around the audience and zipping in from underneath. I felt like I was on a roller coaster.

2 things that are getting on my nerves.

The advice from the judges has been all over the place and for the most part meaningless.

The second is the fly by camera angles. They spend 20 seconds or less on the actual performer..and the next 2 minutes zooming in and around the audience and zipping in from underneath. I felt like I was on a roller coaster.

The judges make no sense. They contradict themselves constantly. They'll tell someone to change the song and make it their own, but when they do, the judges say they shouldn't have changed it because it was fine the way it was.

The earthy chick that is really good is Crystal (Bowersox) not Carla.

This season seems to lack those one or two people that could actually become a huge star.

Adam Lambert is a wierd cat.....but seemed destined to become a star. (even for a 2nd place finish...I think he was robbed)

David Cook is by far my favorite male winner so far. I don't think I'll ever forget his version of Billy Jean.

Both of these guys just have a 'star quality' that was noticable early on. Maybe someone stands out soon but they haven't yet.

This season seems to lack those one or two people that could actually become a huge star.

Adam Lambert is a wierd cat.....but seemed destined to become a star. (even for a 2nd place finish...I think he was robbed)

David Cook is by far my favorite male winner so far. I don't think I'll ever forget his version of Billy Jean.

Both of these guys just have a 'star quality' that was noticable early on. Maybe someone stands out soon but they haven't yet.

The reason I didn't like it is because everyone was praising his originality, not knowing Chris Cornell was the first.( to do that type of version.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jSrpn8ED74

Guest Gritz

Siobhan isn't bad either (and cute too!). That note she hit last night was just WOW.

That is the "WOW" moment for Idol so far this year.

She nailed that note.

Why the **** do people still watch this garbage?

Aren't yall over this crap yet?

That's like people still watching the Real World / Road Rules Challenge (if it's still even on).

Why the **** do some people get SOOO upset over what OTHER People watch on television? You maybe want to be the National televion czar and dictate what people should look at?

Man, go figure out your own little life will ya? sheeesh! :blink:

Why the **** do some people get SOOO upset over what OTHER People watch on television? You maybe want to be the National televion czar and dictate what people should look at?

Man, go figure out your own little life will ya? sheeesh! :blink:

I didn't get upset and I also didn't say people couldn't watch it.

I was simply exercising my right as a citizen of the United States to make fun of everyone who watches it.

I have my little life figured out, which is why I have the time to come here and talk **** to you about watching American Idol.

Go me.

Joe

it's a show for families and older couples not really a show younger single people watch on prime time. i see my older buisness associates talking about it all the time. th think if they like it great. but it is kinda funny to here them rooting for peticular people.