Schefter: Bears need Peppers more than anyone

We need him way more than bears.... I mean CMON!

we had a non-existant pass rush last season, absolutly none...

But I'm worried that chicago is the PERFECT fit for julius.

I can see it now, I just don't want it to happen.

If we get 1 of these two i'll be satisfied

Juilis Peppers or Antonio Cromartie

IMO If we want to put a name tag on our franchise that says (playoff contender) we need one of these guys

Anyone else agree about anything i just stated?

We need him way more than bears.... I mean CMON!

we had a non-existant pass rush last season, absolutly none...

But I'm worried that chicago is the PERFECT fit for julius.

I can see it now, I just don't want it to happen.

If we get 1 of these two i'll be satisfied

Juilis Peppers or Antonio Cromartie

IMO If we want to put a name tag on our franchise that says (playoff contender) we need one of these guys

Anyone else agree about anything i just stated?

People around here need to get educated on Cromartie. Why are the Chargers willing to part with him? Huh? Because he doesn't work hard and give full effort on the field. JUST LIKE PEPPERS.

But Peppers is such a freak he can get away with it for the most part.

Yes, Bears need Peppers more than Falcons for another reason - Public Relations...

through the Jay Cutler trade, Bears do not have a 1st or 2nd round pick. Can you imagine being a Bears fan on draft days and not getting to make a pick until Saturday when the draft starts on Thursday :lol::lol::lol:

i have about lost hope we will pursue Peppers.... i agree he would make our TEAM as whole better 100 fold, 9-7 to 13-3 .... but yea he is our missing piece if there is such a thing in the NFL... but looks like we wont be able to get him here... Elite DEs like Peppers NEVER I Mean NEVER hit the open market ..... thats why i wanted him so bad, esp if Vick Goes to Car, those Peppers vs Vick matchups were pretty sick in 04 05 and 06

I have no doubt that when Peppers starts to slow down (no later than year two of his new deal) most fans on these boards will be glad we didn't commit $12-14 million to him. Even if he has gas remaining, it's not likely to last for long. In the meantime, money spent to get him will keep some team from acquiring 2-3 starters. He ain't worth it.

I have no doubt that when Peppers starts to slow down (no later than year two of his new deal) most fans on these boards will be glad we didn't commit $12-14 million to him. Even if he has gas remaining, it's not likely to last for long. In the meantime, money spent to get him will keep some team from acquiring 2-3 starters. He ain't worth it.

well, no, even if that is the case in Chi, we will never know what kind of impact he would have had here with Abe babs jerry and co.

but you are right he may not have the impact somewhere else that he would have had here....

People around here need to get educated on Cromartie. Why are the Chargers willing to part with him? Huh? Because he doesn't work hard and give full effort on the field. JUST LIKE PEPPERS.

But Peppers is such a freak he can get away with it for the most part.

The Raiders are looking at trade partners for Aso. So your theory isn't correct

The Raiders are looking at trade partners for Aso. So your theory isn't correct

Tell me about it. It was this same excuse being put out there by the anti-Peppers crowd. That is, until it came out that the Panthers made a last ditch effort to keep him just a couple of weeks ago. Woops, there goes that "but why else would they just let him walk" theory shot to heII. :lol:

There is so much more involved with a team's decision to keep/realease players than simply whether or not they feel that player is worthy.

well, no, even if that is the case in Chi, we will never know what kind of impact he would have had here with Abe babs jerry and co.

but you are right he may not have the impact somewhere else that he would have had here....

In 2 years Turner and White are going to be in their 30s.

i have about lost hope we will pursue Peppers.... i agree he would make our TEAM as whole better 100 fold, 9-7 to 13-3 .... but yea he is our missing piece if there is such a thing in the NFL... but looks like we wont be able to get him here... Elite DEs like Peppers NEVER I Mean NEVER hit the open market ..... thats why i wanted him so bad, esp if Vick Goes to Car, those Peppers vs Vick matchups were pretty sick in 04 05 and 06

You guys are heavily overestimating Peppers' value and contributions.

Tell me about it. It was this same excuse being put out there by the anti-Peppers crowd. That is, until it came out that the Panthers made a last ditch effort to keep him just a couple of weeks ago. Woops, there goes that "but why else would they just let him walk" theory shot to heII. :lol:

There is so much more involved with a team's decision to keep/realease players than simply whether or not they feel that player is worthy.

Or , they wanted to be able to claim to their fanbase- "hey we tried to sign pep, but he wouldn't sign" They knew he wasn't going to sign and its just spin control.

Oakland's and Carolina's situations are much different- Oakland will be dreadful next year with or without a topflight CB, Carolina has a solid Oline, a couple of good RBs, a top flight receiver and a good solid D core, but they NEED Peppers to have a good D and a chance for the playoffs next year. [ yes they need a QB, that's a story for a different thread.]

Panthers are letting a critical component of their D just walk away when both the coach and the GM are in a win now situation. The team that needs Peppers the most is the team he's on now, and they're saying "BYE".

Having said that, if TD signs him, I'm all for it- just don't think a player with a history of motivation issues will get mega millions from the current front office.