Biggest need on OFFENSE

With all the attention that has been put into the falcon's likely continuing of a defensive overall, i think the offense needs to be looked at too. Matt Ryan has contantly under pressure last year and i think that was both the OL's fault along with the WR's for not getting open.

I personally believe that the falcons need to take a close close look at their OL. This is a unit that allowed 20+ sacks last year, and struggled to open run lanes at times. C todd Mclure is getting too old and Sam Baker and Harvey Dahl seem to really struggle with injuries and pass blocking.

I think with the addition of Harry Douglas next year, the WR corps will be fine.

What do you think?

A WR. Having another homerun threat would do wonders for this offence. Look at how it slugged down after two of our most electrifying players in Norwood and Douglas went down with injury. Good thing is this can be picked up later on in the draft.

#1 thing our offense needs is a money kicker. We've been playing musical kickers long enough and it really hurt us bad this year. It's time to put a pick into our special teams in a major way. I don't think this group of kickers is outstanding but there should be a couple of quality guys worthy of a 6th or 7th. One thing we need to pay attention to with a kicker is how he performed in big rivalry and postseason games.

Other than that I would put WR and OL at equal needs.

agreed. what abotu the kicker from BAma

#1 thing our offense needs is a money kicker. We've been playing musical kickers long enough and it really hurt us bad this year. It's time to put a pick into our special teams in a major way. I don't think this group of kickers is outstanding but there should be a couple of quality guys worthy of a 6th or 7th. One thing we need to pay attention to with a kicker is how he performed in big rivalry and postseason games.

Other than that I would put WR and OL at equal needs.

A WR. Having another homerun threat would do wonders for this offence. Look at how it slugged down after two of our most electrifying players in Norwood and Douglas went down with injury. Good thing is this can be picked up later on in the draft.

I agree with you but I would have to say Matt has to stay upright to get these guys the ball. I would say OL then WR.

I think we should go o- line with our third round pick since we should have two due to the compensentory pick just to get a good one. and maybe use the other one on a wr

O Line

Da Bearz have waived Orlando Pace.

He is old as dirt and ready to retire.

But if we could snag a deal on the guy, we would have

Instant credible depth at LT.

This big ol boy could take it easy backing up Baker and Clabo and

this would pave the way to draft a Center, and secure the O Line

for another year.

Will pace sign for $1.1 mil just to ride the pine as opposed to retirement?

T

TE would be the most oppertunistic. Learning under tony would boost any average guy to the next level. then o-line it's really our offense' biggest need but i doubt any guy we draft would start this year anyway. then yes just adding another speed guy to play situationally WR preferably.

If we asked Matt Ryan, I am guessing that he would say OL. Someone on these boards cited a stat that basically showed that our OL was among the worst pass blockers in the league. The average time to QB pressure was 3.4 seconds. I think that Matt was given an average of less than 3 seconds. The extra half second makes a world of difference.

If anyone has that metric/stat, give us the facts.

if you honestly think OL is of more importance to address than a pass rusher or cover corner then you havent watched any falcons football.

You need to take the blinkers off and look at the bigger picture, rather than looking at the short term.

We've drafted 2 pass rushers in the last 2 years(Kroy Biermann and Lawrence Sidbury), and Peria Jerry's strength is his ability to generate penetration. We've also drafted 2 CB's early in the early rounds of the last 2 drafts. There is no point building thorugh the draft, if we are unwilling to allow our young players the time and opportunity to develop.

Adding another CB and DE to the rotaion would make some sense, but it's nowhere near our biggest need (unless you believe that our 1st and 2nd yr players are not going to get better). We are thinner at the LB position - and have less young talent there - that in the secondary and on the D-line. The problem is, that fans like you are too impatient to give the young players any chance to develop into the players that TD drafted them to become.

Maybe you'd like to explaint why the prospect of losing 4 of our starting 5 OL within 2 years doesn't concern you?

OL by far (and the biggest need on the whole team). We could lose 4 of our 5 starting OL to free agency in the next 2 years.

Bingo. I'd wouldn't be the least bit surprised and

would applaud it, if we pick with our 1st pick, if not a OLB, a OL. The two biggest areas of

need, IMHO.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

First I do not agree that the OL or offense is highest priority

BUT I do believe the OL needs serious starter help

Here is the current roster for the Oline, Where would you start.

LT S Baker W Svitek

LG J Blalock Ojinnaka

C T McClure B Romberg PS Bruggeman PS Schlecter

RG H Dahl PS Valdez

RT T Clabo G Reynolds

Who goes 1st who goes 2nd etc.

They have just put High value on Clabo with a 1st round tender

Edited by delaigle

First I do not agree that the OL or offense is highest priority

BUT I do believe the OL needs serious starter help

Here is the current roster for the Oline, Where would you start.

LT S Baker W Svitek

LG J Blalock Ojinnaka

C T McClure B Romberg PS Bruggeman PS Schlecter

RG H Dahl PS Valdez

RT T Clabo G Reynolds

Who goes 1st who goes 2nd etc.

Surely, the first question is which of the bottom 4 starters are we prepared to commit to long term, and pay to stay (if any). Eevn as avergae starters, you have to fugure that its going to costs in the region $4m a season to keep any of these guys here, if not more.

If the answer is none, then it's likely that we have 4 starter to replace in the next 2 years - which means either spending money in the FA market or drafting and developing replacement now.