Clabo Gets 1st Round Tender

sporkdevil

Looks like our tenders are coming in. Cant wait to see if we keep Norwood or not. Clabo is a good RT and a very good RG. Im glad we are keeping him.

I had thought we would get rid of either Clabo or Dahl, and Norwood. I'm kinda surprised he got such a high tender. Maybe I dunno what I'm talking about.

I had thought we would get rid of either Clabo or Dahl, and Norwood. I'm kinda surprised he got such a high tender. Maybe I dunno what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I was thinking he would get a 2nd. I guess TD really likes that he can play RG/RT. TD loves guys that can play multiple positions.

if they were all UFA, we wouldnt have kept Dahl AND Clabo IMO. I also think we would let Norwood go unless he came cheap.

Heck, even a first round tender is like 2.5M, so it is a good deal for a starting RT, and helps keep the player happy.

I was wondering if TD would use round 2-3 tenders on guys to try and lure draft picks for them, and if not keep them on the cheap. Not so far it seems.

Yeah, I was thinking he would get a 2nd. I guess TD really likes that he can play RG/RT. TD loves guys that can play multiple positions.

Dude its just a couple of more hundred thousands... An ajc article said they wasn't happy that they would be RFA.... why not give Clabo the 1st round tender.... its only for $2.52 million

We had to tender Claybo and Dahl, because - even if they donlt figure in our long term plans - there are very slim pickings avalable in free agency this year. The UFA interior linemen are all 32/33/34 and no more than short term solutions. The other option is the draft, but any young OL would need time to develop.

For the relatively small sums invovled (in NFL terms) it wouldhave made nosenseto let Norowood, Claybo or Dahl become UFA.

I think Claybo and Dahl are both solid. I'd have no problem if we signer either to a long term deal for the right money.

Rotoworld makes it sound like we will let him go next year:

The Falcons have extended a first-round tender to restricted free agent RT Tyson Clabo.

Once a journeyman and undrafted out of Wake Forest, Clabo has emerged as a road-grating run blocker under masterful line coach Paul Boudreau. Clabo, though, may not be targeted for a long-term deal as he approaches age 29.

have Falcons ruled on all players they will tender? is there a comprehensive list?

is the fact that two posts on Clabo/Koenan and no one else mean they are the only ones getting tendered? I want answers!!! :rolleyes:

They are coming in one at a time I guess....And Ojinaka was tendered for a low pick too..

Clabo is 29.

That ain't old for an OLman.

He has 5 more good years in him, baring big injury.

This will probably be his last "tryout" year.

And if he does well, he gets his nice fat 4 year deal to take him to the end of his Falcon career and set himself up.

If he does poorly, he signs for much less or hits the bricks.

I hope he does well. I like Clabo.