Irony and Tim Tebow

You do understand the number of man is '6' and that the fact it is repeated 3 times doesn't make it the mark of the beast or anything.

I promise this discussion will get far deeper far faster than you ever intended it to, and wouldn't have a 'proper' place on this forum if you want to get into this discussion.

Just sayin.

As far as understanding 'irony' would mean that it was used in proper context, in no way did Tim Tebow running a 6.66 in his drill, indicate the opposite of anything. I guess some people like to stretch things, the funnies aren't forced.

I remember when this place was once fun and there were fewer debates about semantics and more about the actual sport itself. I remember when most here had a sense of humor and those who didn't share in the fun, felt compelled to stay out of such threads.

I remember when this place was once fun and there were fewer debates about semantics and more about the actual sport itself. I remember when most here had a sense of humor and those who didn't share in the fun, felt compelled to stay out of such threads.

That place died except in specific threads in ABF.

In the immortal words of Dr. Dre, "Things done changed on this side, remember they used to thump, but now they blast, right?"

You do understand the number of man is '6' and that the fact it is repeated 3 times doesn't make it the mark of the beast or anything.

I promise this discussion will get far deeper far faster than you ever intended it to, and wouldn't have a 'proper' place on this forum if you want to get into this discussion.

Just sayin.

As far as understanding 'irony' would mean that it was used in proper context, in no way did Tim Tebow running a 6.66 in his drill, indicate the opposite of anything. I guess some people like to stretch things, the funnies aren't forced.

True. The New Testament was written in Greek and Pythogorean numerology assigns a number to each letter of the Greek alphabet. In this mystical numerolgy, 888 represents the "higher mind" while 666 represents the "lower mind"

Its still ironic though becasue it is a commonly held belief that 666 represents the anti-christ.

The very fact that the definition of irony is the use of words to express the opposite of the literal meaning.

So, using numbers to convey nothing opposite to Tim Tebow just plainly isn't ironic. Irony is something when someone asks you, is that good? When it's the worst thing you've ever eaten, and say "oh ya!" So Tim Tebow running a six and 2/3 second time in a drill, the number is no where near six hundred and sixty six, the number of man.

As far as being a hit at parties, never really spent much time "partying" but I have no problem in parties of people.

What makes things truly funny? What makes people laugh at stand up comedians? Mostly it's truth, the truth is funny. Stretching this trying to make it something it's not, just isn't funny.

Actually it IS rather ironic that the super christian ran a 6.66 in something, because 666 is the number of the devil. How can you even argue that point, it just makes you look ignorant?!

Actually it IS rather ironic that the super christian ran a 6.66 in something, because 666 is the number of the devil. How can you even argue that point, it just makes you look ignorant?!

THANK YOU! People are making way too much of this ****...

Guest Gritz

Hardly, how many times do I have to define the word irony to you? I'm done with this now. I've attempted to show you how wrong you are, and 6.66 is no where near 666, it's in fact over 600 numbers wrong, man, what a sad commentary on our society.

You are a barrel of fun.

Hardly, how many times do I have to define the word irony to you? I'm done with this now. I've attempted to show you how wrong you are, and 6.66 is no where near 666, it's in fact over 600 numbers wrong, man, what a sad commentary on our society.

Yea, it's pretty hard for someone to get 666 seconds on this... so this is as close as you can get

well everyone else can see the irony and comedy in it. So based on a democratic society majority wins. Dude basically you are taking it was to serious just chill.