Could someone please tell ?

logan7

Watching First Take on ESPN this morning. They were talking about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Le'Roi Glover says they will win about two more games this upcoming season, mainly because two teams in the same division are on they're way down. The Carolina Panthers and US!! The Falcons!! Why does he think we are on the way down? I think we are on the way up in a big way. I have no idea why he thinks this. I think Michael Turner will return to 2008 form this season and even better and Harry Douglas will be back. Our Secondary will be better and we are going to make a great draft pick. Our GM is awesome and our coach is just as good. We showed amazing improvement in the last four games on both sides of the ball especially Defense. We posted our first ever back to back winning seasons and not to mention Tony G will be back. So. I would like to know where he gets we are on the way down. Thoughts anyone?

Watching First Take on ESPN this morning. They were talking about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Le'Roi Glover says they will win about two more games this upcoming season, mainly because two teams in the same division are on they're way down. The Carolina Panthers and US!! The Falcons!! Why does he think we are on the way down? I think we are on the way up in a big way. I have no idea why he thinks this. I think Michael Turner will return to 2008 form this season and even better and Harry Douglas will be back. Our Secondary will be better and we are going to make a great draft pick. Our GM is awesome and our coach is just as good. We showed amazing improvement in the last four games on both sides of the ball especially Defense. We posted our first ever back to back winning seasons and not to mention Tony G will be back. So. I would like to know where he gets we are on the way down. Thoughts anyone?

:lol:

Le'Roi Glover?

Who gave him a microphone?

Well he's just saying that to be covered. We have just as much chance of going up as down so that he is covered if is prediction is right. Whatever, everyone on ESPN is an expert or so they think.

I saw this and said WTF. Last year we still finished 9-7 with all the injuries. Next year with all the injuries healed up and another year of experience for a young, improving secondary I don't see how anyone can think this team isn't going anywhere but up?!?! At least stay the same. I have no clue what would make him think this team is on the way down? Are we losing someone I don't know about?

I heard him say it too and thought "who is this idiot". No way that anyone else who watches football would say the Falcons are on their way down.

I didn't like watching that segment on Tampa Bay that's for sure because I didn't like the reminder of them picking so high in the draft. The thought of them getting Suh, McCoy, or Berry does not make me happy, but at least Carolina doesn't have a pick in the first and the Saints pick 32.

I heard him say it too and thought "who is this idiot". No way that anyone else who watches football would say the Falcons are on their way down.

I didn't like watching that segment on Tampa Bay that's for sure because I didn't like the reminder of them picking so high in the draft. The thought of them getting Suh, McCoy, or Berry does not make me happy, but at least Carolina doesn't have a pick in the first and the Saints pick 32.

I agree JRid. I have nightmares of them getting Eric Berry. Teaming him up with Aqib Talib and Ronde Barber(I think he has one or maybe two good seasons left in him), frightens me and I hope Matty Ice will put on an extra game face in this situation. I REALLY hope they dont get Berry. Could be reminicent of the 2002 season if they get help up front in the D-Line. I actually see them being a much improved team next season.

Lets try not to be homers here guys, lets think about it...

We wont be losing any major players in FA.

We are getting a WR who had a very promising rookie season back from a season ending injury.

We are getting two promising rookies on defense back from season ending injuries.

We were 11-5 with a rookie coach, and QB.

We were 9-7 the following year, but with a rash of injuries(as mentioned above) including the starting QB, and an insanely tough schedule.

Come on, we are getting everyone back healthy. We are entering year 3 under a very solid new front office. We have a young QB with fantastic potential. A young defense that should get better and better with experience, and you guys cant see why we are on the way down?!?! ;)

/sarcasm

:ph34r:

Haha, I knew when I was typing that that you would chime in on it. I really don't know which one I would rather you guys pick. You obviously want Berry, but I'm not sure who out of those 3 that I want us to play against the least.

You have to admit though that the Falcons are not on their way down like Glover said.

Didn't Glover play for the Saints at one point?

Sounds like he's still drinking the Haterade...

Yup. This is why I'm growing more & more tired of seeing players as commentators. Most of them cannot form a complete sentence in proper English, much less keep an objective view of football.

On top of that it's not like they need the money, because it's only the guys who made multiple millions of dollars in the league who do it. Seriously, there are educated people who would make much better analysts and commentators.

Plain and simple...HE'S A HATER! :D

He's just playing the odds. Any time a team has a winning record, there are more chances to do worse the next season.

At 9-7 last year, we have 9 chances to do worse in 2010.

Or from 2008 at 10-6 I could have played the odds to say we had 10 chances to do worse in 2009, and in 1 out of those 10 chances we did come up short and that put us to 9-7 instead = downward.

It's like predicting the Lions are going to improve next year, they have 12 chances to improve from 4-12.

Or maybe Glover is just stupid. Hmm those are probably even better odds...

Edited by Falcohol

Guest Gritz

A lot of you guys get too emotionally wrapped up in what these paid gum flappers on ESPN, NFL Network etc. say about the Falcons.

Do some homework. Find a couple of guys whose opinion seems to be based on watching a great deal of film combined with a sharp football intellect....

I really like Mike Mayock, Brian Baldinger, Mark Schlereth, Tim Hasselbeck and Sterling Sharpe.

...oh, and Merril Hodge too.

We've got to be on the way down. In our history, we've never had back-to-back-to-back winning seasons before. Obviously we have to be trending downward.