In T....KingSupa? You trust

Lets say I won a fan contest Fan GM for the draft competition. This is what I would do for this organization. Let me know how you would feel about this. First i would get Peppers in FA then this draft.

1. OLB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 245 | 40 Time: 4.59

Read & React: Good instincts and reaction speed -- knows the game and plays very fast. Reads plays quickly. Easily identifies screen and bootleg and takes away the open check-down receiver in the flat. A bit overzealous against the run. Will take false steps, bite on play-action and run past the ball in the backfield.

Run defense: Very good chase defender who comes downhill in a hurry, especially if the play goes east-west. Scrapes down the line and finds the opening to attack the running back. Physical but tries to avoid linemen in traffic, picking his way through to the ball. Spies the quarterback to prevent long runs on scrambles, and will beat them to the corner from the middle. Usually takes the right chase angle, but is quick enough to recover if the ballcarrier cuts back. Will take on fullback and lineman blocks inside, but does not have the size or punch needed to regularly disengage. Also has troubles getting off run blocks from larger receivers.

Pass defense: Recognizes routes in zone coverage, and is quick enough to lay a lick on receivers coming into his area. Gets deep in his drop and covers a lot of ground. Good enough change-of-direction agility in space to stick with receivers on the edge and run with backs and tight ends over the middle. Runs down the seam with almost any receiver. Natural athlete with very good hand-eye coordination for the interception or pass breakup. Uses quickness and hands to avoid cut blocks by receivers in space. Will face matchup difficulties against taller, faster tight ends at the next level.

Tackling: Wraps up elusive ballcarriers in space. Can line them up for the explosive tackle if given the chance. Pounds receivers coming over the middle, using his shoulder to lay them out. Will overpursue plays or hit a hole before the runner has reached it, opening a cutback lane. Relies on hitting with his shoulder, which will be an issue at the next level. Undisciplined breaking down in space, allowing elusive runners to go around him.

Pass Rush/Blitz: Effective blitzer who finds a hole and explodes through it. Quick enough to elude fullbacks in the hole to get to the quarterback. Can close quickly on quarterbacks and puts on major hits. Works through blocks from tight ends on the edge and linemen or running backs inside to rush the passer. Times jumps to knock down passes on his way to the quarterback.

Intangibles: Upbeat, infectious attitude on the practice field translates as the team's emotional leader.

3a. DEXTER MCCLUSTER

Height: 5-08 | Weight: 165 | Position:RB | College: Mississippi

Release: Good lateral agility to elude the defender at the line and has the straight-line speed to demand respect. Though he's much stronger than his size would indicate, he's reliant upon his lateral agility to gain a clean release, as he is lacking in hand placement and technique as a receiver.

Hands: Good hands to pluck the ball outside of his frame. Can track the ball over his shoulder and is quick to secure the pass and look for additional yardage. Good making adjustments to poorly throw passes but struggles when attempting to catch in traffic.

Route running: Isn't asked to run a variety of pro-style routes within this offense. Flashes excellent quickness, but is only a marginal route-runner despite his athleticism.

After the catch: Elusive and has the acceleration and top-end speed to run away from defenders if he gets in the open field. Good vision and sets up his blocks nicely with the ability to burst through a small gap. Versatile threat capable of contributing as a runner, receiver and returner.

Blocking: Pesky blocker who provides good effort and is stronger than he looks but lacks great bulk. Gives good effort downfield to chip when a teammate breaks into the open.

Intangibles: Good toughness as an interior runner and will be viewed as a running back prospect by some. The results of McCluster's medical reports from the Combine could prove critical in his final draft grade. He missed six games in 2006 due to a shoulder injury involving nerve damage and another four games in 2007 due to re-injuring the same shoulder in the preseason. Has great toughness, but will struggle to hold up to the physical pounding of the NFL as a running back. Experienced punt and kick returner.

3b.

BRANDON LANG

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 266 | Position:DE | College: Troy

Pass rush: Lines up at left defensive end (opposite the right tackle) and has enough burst off the snap to get blockers back on their heels quickly. Good use of hands and upper-body strength to pop the tackle and disengage quickly. Good pass-rush technique and shows a variety of pass-rush moves, including swim, rip and bull rush. Feels the cut block and quickly sprawls to keep his feet. Good closing speed and lateral agility to break down in space to tackle mobile quarterbacks behind the line of scrimmage.

Run defense: Has less than ideal size for the position, but shows at least moderate upper-body strength to stack and shed. His aggressiveness can work against him at times. Rushes blindly upfield and can be beaten by screens and quick draws when he loses contain. Good effort laterally and downfield in pursuit.

Explosion: Good initial burst off the snap. Flashes explosive upper-body strength to shock the offensive tackle and quickly disengage. Occasionally used as a zone blitz defender and shows intriguing burst out of his stance moving backward. Generates good depth on his pass drop with a good short-area burst in reverse and laterally. Enough athleticism to at least consider making the transition to rush linebacker in a 3-4 defense ala former Troy star DeMarcus Ware.

Strength: At least moderate upper-body strength to stack and control the offensive tackle. Inconsistent pad level and can be washed out when he plays too high and loses leverage.

Tackling: Good lateral agility to break down in space and make the open-field tackle. Effective wrap-up tackler and flashes some pop. Active hands to poke the ball free while making the tackle.

Intangibles: Highly touted prep prospect, he originally signed with Georgia and was recruited by Florida, Southern Cal and Alabama. Forced to sit out the 2005 season due to academics, which led to his signing with Troy. Will require an extensive medical check at the Combine to check the torn right ACL he suffered in 2007. Will turn 24 before he plays his first snap in the NFL.

4a. KYLE CALLOWAY

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 322 | Position:OL | College: Iowa

Pass blocking: Mirrors and stays low against power defensive ends from his right tackle spot. Sets up quickly in pass protection and uses a good angle on his kick slide, rarely giving up the edge. Absorbs big punches and regularly anchors. Extends his arms to keep rushers at bay but could have a stronger punch to knock them off balance. Works to stay with his man on secondary rushes but will reach more than move his feet. Adjusts to twists but doesn't always recognize or get a hand on inside blitzers. Will get tall and choppy in his footwork against quicker ends.

Run blocking: Attacks edge rushers on run plays, firing his hands into their jersey. Able to move in any direction. Solid combo blocker negates MIKE linebacker or other defenders coming inside-out. Latches onto the numbers and doesn't let go. Keeps a wide base on the edge and keep his hands and feet active to sustain. Likes to keep his man on the ground through the whistle.

Pulling/trapping: Does not pull or trap much in Iowa's zone blocking scheme but has good footwork for his size. Usually under control when on the move. Could trap if moved into the strong-side guard spot but should stay between the tackles.

Initial Quickness: Fires off the ball to run block, often locking down the defensive end on his side. Strong at punching the defensive tackle and quickly getting to linebacker in combo blocks. Quick off the snap into his kick slide for his size.

Downfield: Easily gets to linebackers, finding their numbers with his hands and keeping his feet moving to take them out of the play. Shows good flexibility to adjust in space. Uses angles to keep defenders from running around him to the ball. Typically stays on one block downfield but is agile enough to reach others in his area.

Intangibles: Durable, versatile, tough, and disciplined player with loads of potential. No major character concerns, but was arrested and suspended for a game for operating a moped while intoxicated in June 2009. Took responsibility for his actions.

4b. DENNIS PITTA

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 245 | Position:TE | College: Brigham Young

Release: Hesitates after the snap coming off the line and is not quick enough to make up for that in his first couple of steps. Creates separation with physical play against safeties, rather than his speed. Doesn't release from a three-point stance very often in BYU's offense. Can sidestep a defender in the slot but has a tough time beating the linebacker's jam.

Hands: Good hands when open and able to snatch balls away from his frame. Brings in low, high and wide throws on the run. Good height and vertical for the jump ball. Will hear footsteps over the middle and has only average strength in his hands to hold onto the ball under pressure.

Route running: Runs crisp routes to the sideline and over the middle. Sudden enough to step to the sideline and square back in to lose the linebacker. Less than elite speed, but threatens the seam with his height and length. Used on slip screens to get the ball in his hands against smaller defenders outside.

After the catch: Secures the ball first, then quickly looks to get upfield. Good agility and some elusiveness to avoid oncoming tacklers in the open field. Runs through arm tackles and over defensive backs to get the extra yards. Puts two hands on the ball after contact.

Blocking: Better effort than advertised and more adept on the edge and downfield than you'd expect given his build. Usually hits his target and can sustain against linebackers and safeties. Inconsistent in-line, however; at times he'll hold up defensive ends from getting to the play but he lacks upper body strength and doesn't keep his head up and feet moving often enough.

Intangibles: Former walk-on has become an All-American and team leader. Represented the offense at Mountain West media days. Played through sprained MCL in 2008. Eagle Scout; very good student. One year older than most rookies due to two-year LDS mission to Dominican Republic.

5a. ARTHUR MOATS

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 246 | College: James Madison

One of JMU's five team captains … the Colonial Athletic Association's defensive player of the year and first-team All-CAA … finished the season with 90 tackles, 23.5 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, and one fumble recovery for a touchdown … set JMU's season record for tackles for loss … the national FCS leader in tackles for loss and overall tackles among defensive linemen … finalist for the Dudley Award that is presented annualy to the top football player at one of Virginia's 10 FBS and FCS programs … preseason first-team honors as defensive end in Phil Steele's 2009 College Football Pre-season Guide … pre-season CAA all-conference team as defensive end … pre-season All-America third-team honors as defensive end by College Sporting News … recorded seven tackles in the season-opener at Maryland … vs. Virginia Military had six tackles, three solos, and one sack … vs. Liberty recorded nine tackles, one forced fumble, and a sack, earning him CAA defensive player of the week honors … vs. Hofstra recorded 10 tackles, six solos, and two sacks … vs. Richmond recorded nine tackles, six solos, four tackles for loss, and a sack … vs. Villanova had nine tackles, including two for loss, and a sack … vs. William & Mary recorded nine tackles, four solos, and one sack … vs. Delaware recorded seven tackles, five solos and two and half sacks … vs. Maine recorded six tackles, three solos, and one tackle for loss … vs. Massachusetts recorded 11 tackles, including four solo, and two sacks … vs. Towson recorded seven tackles, two solos, and a 68-yard fumble recovery for a touchdown.

5b. KEVIN HASLAM

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 304 | Position:OG | College: Rutgers

Pass blocking: Strong punch, will extend his arms to knock end off his move. Generally sets quickly, takes a good angle on his kick slide and mirrors his man well. Faster pass rushers will cause him to reach or cross his feet. Though he owns a fair anchor, he'll catch defenders more often than he attacks them. Comes up too high out of stance and lacks superior leg strength; will get bull rushed into the pocket by NFL defensive ends.

Run blocking: Gives good effort for the run. Once into his man, will anchor and keep feet moving to sustain the block. Able to push man back a couple of yards off the line of scrimmage when drive blocking. Can come off his down-block to reach another defender.

Pulling/trapping: When trapping, he's not very quick getting into the hole and gets tripped up or lost in the trash. Also struggles to get a hand on linebackers not coming directly at him, allowing penetration.

Initial Quickness: Adequate getting off the snap, but can take him some time to get his hands up into his man's numbers. Athletic enough to improve in this area with coaching.

Downfield: Good mobility to second level; knows the angle he must take to open the hole inside. Able to negate linebackers and safeties with his length and effort, but doesn't get to his target (or adjust to oncoming defenders) often enough because of a lack of flexibility.

Intangibles: Hard-working player who gives good effort. No major character issues.

6. DANNY BATTEN

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 248 | Position:DE | College: South Dakota State

Pass rush: Often used on the strong side because of his run-stopping ability, so pass rush came mostly from hustle and effort. Keeps coming after initial punch from tackle. Has good speed, flexibility and hand play to turn the corner if used that way. Stood up on some occasions to blitz inside gaps or come off the edge. Keeps his eyes in the backfield and gets hands up to deflect passes, but does not own the length to block many.

Run defense: Plays with leverage, standing strong against much bigger offensive tackles and able to disengage to reach the ball when it comes by him. Also moves down the line while engaged. Comes downhill when standing up to blow up fullbacks or attack the ballcarrier. Maintains containment on his side of the line. Rips off tight end blocks easily with strong hands. Will be engulfed by NFL tackles.

Explosion: Lacks elite quickness or pop for a strong-side defensive end but uses violent hands and has enough get-off to pressure the tackle's outside shoulder on a pass rush.

Strength: Plays with leverage and is quite strong for his size but lacks the bulk to turn tackles or push the pocket at the next level. May be best off playing linebacker in order to match up against tight ends or get the jump on tackles off the edge. Should handle most tight ends playing the nine-technique against the run and in coverage.

Tackling: Exceptional hustle and chase on the edge, whether the play is in front of or behind him. Plays low and changes directions well. Wraps and rarely lets go, even though his arms are not as long as many NFL defenders. Goes through the ballcarrier and delivers a serious blow on almost every tackle.

Intangibles: Durable, consistent, high-effort performer who plays hard through the fourth quarter. Vocal leader who congratulates teammates and lets them know when they did not complete their assignment.

Lets say I won a fan contest Fan GM for the draft competition. This is what I would do for this organization. Let me know how you would feel about this.

Well i would be pissed that our organization is giving out the opportunity to be the GM by winning a Fan contest, no offense. :P :P :lol:

I wouldnt draft another CB to our team, if any addition need to be made, it should be through FA where we can find more experience.

We also need to add more depth to the RB position, spending a late pick on that would be nice.

Other than that your draft seems to be good, filled up all the spots that needed help

I wouldnt draft another CB to our team, if any addition need to be made, it should be through FA where we can find more experience.

We also need to add more depth to the RB position, spending a late pick on that would be nice.

Other than that your draft seems to be good, filled up all the spots that needed help

o sorry McCluster is a RB he plays WR too

o sorry McCluster is a RB he plays WR too

B) Nice... one of those multi-purpose back would be awesome!

If we can sign Leigh Bodden through FA, then we can have 2 extras pick (according to your draft) on other things =), maybe a trade up in 2nd rounds??? o_O

McCluster wont go past the second round. Sorry man =(

We need a WR a lot more than a RB and I know you believe McCluster can play WR but he cant. He can catch out of the backfield, his route running is horrible. Other than that, I'd say that would be a great draft.

Peppers is a dream for us I think.

Our front staff seems to be saying they are gonna be frugal. Maybe they are smoke-screening tho?

Edited by Jp7833

McCluster wont go past the second round. Sorry man =(

We need a WR a lot more than a RB and I know you believe McCluster can play WR but he cant. He can catch out of the backfield, his route running is horrible. Other than that, I'd say that would be a great draft.

Peppers is a dream for us I think.

Our front staff seems to be saying they are gonna be frugal. Maybe they are smoke-screening tho?

I think McCluster will be there in the 4th RD. The guy is a playmaker but he can't go inside and he has a very slight build. I think he could be injury prone in the NFL.

I'm just not really sold on Weatherspoon. We have some hope in Adkins and another year from Peterson.

We also need a pass rush. We landed bottom tier in sacks and defensive pass yardage. A pass rush will make our CB's better.

McCluster is awesome but we have bigger needs and I honestly don't know how effective/durable he'll be at 170 pounds.

If we get a CB in the 3rd I hope someone drops or we get that Ansah dude. Havent seen tape on him, though. I don't think there's any way we get 2 CB's this draft.

I like the idea of a 3rd/4th round TE.

We need some good OL prospects, I just don't know anything about them.

Lets say I won a fan contest Fan GM for the draft competition. This is what I would do for this organization. Let me know how you would feel about this. First i would get Peppers in FA then this draft.

Read & React: Good instincts and reaction speed -- knows the game and plays very fast. Reads plays quickly. Easily identifies screen and bootleg and takes away the open check-down receiver in the flat. A bit overzealous against the run. Will take false steps, bite on play-action and run past the ball in the backfield.

Run defense: Very good chase defender who comes downhill in a hurry, especially if the play goes east-west. Scrapes down the line and finds the opening to attack the running back. Physical but tries to avoid linemen in traffic, picking his way through to the ball. Spies the quarterback to prevent long runs on scrambles, and will beat them to the corner from the middle. Usually takes the right chase angle, but is quick enough to recover if the ballcarrier cuts back. Will take on fullback and lineman blocks inside, but does not have the size or punch needed to regularly disengage. Also has troubles getting off run blocks from larger receivers.

Pass defense: Recognizes routes in zone coverage, and is quick enough to lay a lick on receivers coming into his area. Gets deep in his drop and covers a lot of ground. Good enough change-of-direction agility in space to stick with receivers on the edge and run with backs and tight ends over the middle. Runs down the seam with almost any receiver. Natural athlete with very good hand-eye coordination for the interception or pass breakup. Uses quickness and hands to avoid cut blocks by receivers in space. Will face matchup difficulties against taller, faster tight ends at the next level.

Tackling: Wraps up elusive ballcarriers in space. Can line them up for the explosive tackle if given the chance. Pounds receivers coming over the middle, using his shoulder to lay them out. Will overpursue plays or hit a hole before the runner has reached it, opening a cutback lane. Relies on hitting with his shoulder, which will be an issue at the next level. Undisciplined breaking down in space, allowing elusive runners to go around him.

Pass Rush/Blitz: Effective blitzer who finds a hole and explodes through it. Quick enough to elude fullbacks in the hole to get to the quarterback. Can close quickly on quarterbacks and puts on major hits. Works through blocks from tight ends on the edge and linemen or running backs inside to rush the passer. Times jumps to knock down passes on his way to the quarterback.

Intangibles: Upbeat, infectious attitude on the practice field translates as the team's emotional leader.

3a. DEXTER MCCLUSTER

Release: Good lateral agility to elude the defender at the line and has the straight-line speed to demand respect. Though he's much stronger than his size would indicate, he's reliant upon his lateral agility to gain a clean release, as he is lacking in hand placement and technique as a receiver.

Hands: Good hands to pluck the ball outside of his frame. Can track the ball over his shoulder and is quick to secure the pass and look for additional yardage. Good making adjustments to poorly throw passes but struggles when attempting to catch in traffic.

Route running: Isn't asked to run a variety of pro-style routes within this offense. Flashes excellent quickness, but is only a marginal route-runner despite his athleticism.

After the catch: Elusive and has the acceleration and top-end speed to run away from defenders if he gets in the open field. Good vision and sets up his blocks nicely with the ability to burst through a small gap. Versatile threat capable of contributing as a runner, receiver and returner.

Blocking: Pesky blocker who provides good effort and is stronger than he looks but lacks great bulk. Gives good effort downfield to chip when a teammate breaks into the open.

Intangibles: Good toughness as an interior runner and will be viewed as a running back prospect by some. The results of McCluster's medical reports from the Combine could prove critical in his final draft grade. He missed six games in 2006 due to a shoulder injury involving nerve damage and another four games in 2007 due to re-injuring the same shoulder in the preseason. Has great toughness, but will struggle to hold up to the physical pounding of the NFL as a running back. Experienced punt and kick returner.

3b. JEROME MURPHY

Height: 6-1 | Weight: 191 | Position:CB | College: South Florida

Read & React: When playing off-man coverage, reads plays in front of him effectively. Fast enough to play the run from the outer flanks.

Man Coverage: Tall, wiry corner who can press and play off his man. Hips are a bit tight in transition, but he has the speed to turn and run with any receiver down the sideline. Has a short memory. Inconsistent getting his hands on the receiver in press but is willing to be physical. Loses his footing when planting to drive on out-routes. Overaggressive and will bite on pump fakes and double moves. Late getting his head around on deep balls.

Zone Coverage: Technique needs work when playing off the line. Backpedal is high and slow. Gets too deep in his drop, allowing short throws in front of him. A step slow getting to the ball thrown in his zone but will lay a receiver out on plays directly in front of him.

Closing/Recovery: Very good burst to track the ball in the air. Closes fast and hard on receivers. Makes the big hit and wraps up when necessary. Usually recovers well enough to make the tackle after losing his man in zone coverage. Has the speed and length to effectively blitz off the edge.

Run Support: Extremely willing as a run defender on the outside. After recognizing run, he attacks receivers instead of running around them, and is able to fight free from blocks to make tackles. Often forces plays inside to linebackers. Always gets at least as piece of a back running to his side of the field. Struggles to disengage from solid blocks on the edge.

Tackling: Physical run stopper who really likes to hit. Good focus on the ball around the line of scrimmage, and wraps up backs trying to make plays with second effort. Usually wraps or cuts in the open field effectively, although he will miss tackles when lunging and diving with his head down. Not strong enough to stop receivers with an arm tackle, but is quick enough to at least get into their knees to bring them down.

Intangibles: No major character issues. Team player willing to play cornerback or safety. Played with a broken left hand during his redshirt freshman season. His size and speed are prototypical for special teams (returns and coverage) and he averaged more than 24 yards per kickoff return in 2007.

NFL Comparison: Al Harris, Green Bay Packers

4a. KYLE CALLOWAY

Pass blocking: Mirrors and stays low against power defensive ends from his right tackle spot. Sets up quickly in pass protection and uses a good angle on his kick slide, rarely giving up the edge. Absorbs big punches and regularly anchors. Extends his arms to keep rushers at bay but could have a stronger punch to knock them off balance. Works to stay with his man on secondary rushes but will reach more than move his feet. Adjusts to twists but doesn't always recognize or get a hand on inside blitzers. Will get tall and choppy in his footwork against quicker ends.

Run blocking: Attacks edge rushers on run plays, firing his hands into their jersey. Able to move in any direction. Solid combo blocker negates MIKE linebacker or other defenders coming inside-out. Latches onto the numbers and doesn't let go. Keeps a wide base on the edge and keep his hands and feet active to sustain. Likes to keep his man on the ground through the whistle.

Pulling/trapping: Does not pull or trap much in Iowa's zone blocking scheme but has good footwork for his size. Usually under control when on the move. Could trap if moved into the strong-side guard spot but should stay between the tackles.

Initial Quickness: Fires off the ball to run block, often locking down the defensive end on his side. Strong at punching the defensive tackle and quickly getting to linebacker in combo blocks. Quick off the snap into his kick slide for his size.

Downfield: Easily gets to linebackers, finding their numbers with his hands and keeping his feet moving to take them out of the play. Shows good flexibility to adjust in space. Uses angles to keep defenders from running around him to the ball. Typically stays on one block downfield but is agile enough to reach others in his area.

Intangibles: Durable, versatile, tough, and disciplined player with loads of potential. No major character concerns, but was arrested and suspended for a game for operating a moped while intoxicated in June 2009. Took responsibility for his actions.

4b. DENNIS PITTA

Release: Hesitates after the snap coming off the line and is not quick enough to make up for that in his first couple of steps. Creates separation with physical play against safeties, rather than his speed. Doesn't release from a three-point stance very often in BYU's offense. Can sidestep a defender in the slot but has a tough time beating the linebacker's jam.

Hands: Good hands when open and able to snatch balls away from his frame. Brings in low, high and wide throws on the run. Good height and vertical for the jump ball. Will hear footsteps over the middle and has only average strength in his hands to hold onto the ball under pressure.

Route running: Runs crisp routes to the sideline and over the middle. Sudden enough to step to the sideline and square back in to lose the linebacker. Less than elite speed, but threatens the seam with his height and length. Used on slip screens to get the ball in his hands against smaller defenders outside.

After the catch: Secures the ball first, then quickly looks to get upfield. Good agility and some elusiveness to avoid oncoming tacklers in the open field. Runs through arm tackles and over defensive backs to get the extra yards. Puts two hands on the ball after contact.

Blocking: Better effort than advertised and more adept on the edge and downfield than you'd expect given his build. Usually hits his target and can sustain against linebackers and safeties. Inconsistent in-line, however; at times he'll hold up defensive ends from getting to the play but he lacks upper body strength and doesn't keep his head up and feet moving often enough.

Intangibles: Former walk-on has become an All-American and team leader. Represented the offense at Mountain West media days. Played through sprained MCL in 2008. Eagle Scout; very good student. One year older than most rookies due to two-year LDS mission to Dominican Republic.

5a. A.J. JEFFERSON

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 190 | Position:CB | College: Fresno State

Read & React: Still developing in this area. Willing to peek into the backfield and can get beat when he does so. Good agility and straight-line speed to close on the ball. Good effort downfield in pursuit. Takes good angles to the ball and doesn't give up on the play.

Man Coverage: At least moderate upper-body strength for press coverage. Quick feet and open hips to turn and run with receivers. Good agility to change direction quickly. Rare straight-line speed for a corner his size. Must do a better job of using his hands and body lean to pinch the receiver toward the sideline. Better athlete than football player.

Zone Coverage: Smooth, low backpedal with improving recognition for zone coverage. Reacts quickly to the underneath throws, but has the fluid hips and straight-line speed to recover against double-moves. Rarely out of position.

Closing/Recovery: Has a burst to close, but too often gives up easy receptions when he goes after the man rather than the ball. Loses too many isolation battles and doesn't time his leap well. Has zero interceptions in 22 career starts.

Run Support: Needs to improve fighting through blocks to come up in run support. Willing and reliable open-field tackler when the ballcarrier comes to him, but too often is willing to stand around the pile. Good size, strength and effort to bring down receivers.

Tackling: Good agility to break down in space to make the secure open-field tackle. Not an explosive hitter, but will take on the bigger ballcarrier and wrap up securely. Good effort for the drag-down tackle in pursuit. Flashes a pop and will attempt to rip away the ball and force the fumble.

Intangibles: An explosive kick-returner with three career touchdown returns. Sets up his blocks and shows a burst to get through if given a lane. Prefers to take it outside and has the speed to get there. Better straight-line speed than agility to elude. Scouts have questioned Jefferson's toughness, at times, as he is not the same player when nicked up.

5b. KEVIN HASLAM

Pass blocking: Strong punch, will extend his arms to knock end off his move. Generally sets quickly, takes a good angle on his kick slide and mirrors his man well. Faster pass rushers will cause him to reach or cross his feet. Though he owns a fair anchor, he'll catch defenders more often than he attacks them. Comes up too high out of stance and lacks superior leg strength; will get bull rushed into the pocket by NFL defensive ends.

Run blocking: Gives good effort for the run. Once into his man, will anchor and keep feet moving to sustain the block. Able to push man back a couple of yards off the line of scrimmage when drive blocking. Can come off his down-block to reach another defender.

Pulling/trapping: When trapping, he's not very quick getting into the hole and gets tripped up or lost in the trash. Also struggles to get a hand on linebackers not coming directly at him, allowing penetration.

Initial Quickness: Adequate getting off the snap, but can take him some time to get his hands up into his man's numbers. Athletic enough to improve in this area with coaching.

Downfield: Good mobility to second level; knows the angle he must take to open the hole inside. Able to negate linebackers and safeties with his length and effort, but doesn't get to his target (or adjust to oncoming defenders) often enough because of a lack of flexibility.

Intangibles: Hard-working player who gives good effort. No major character issues.

6. DANNY BATTEN

Pass rush: Often used on the strong side because of his run-stopping ability, so pass rush came mostly from hustle and effort. Keeps coming after initial punch from tackle. Has good speed, flexibility and hand play to turn the corner if used that way. Stood up on some occasions to blitz inside gaps or come off the edge. Keeps his eyes in the backfield and gets hands up to deflect passes, but does not own the length to block many.

Run defense: Plays with leverage, standing strong against much bigger offensive tackles and able to disengage to reach the ball when it comes by him. Also moves down the line while engaged. Comes downhill when standing up to blow up fullbacks or attack the ballcarrier. Maintains containment on his side of the line. Rips off tight end blocks easily with strong hands. Will be engulfed by NFL tackles.

Explosion: Lacks elite quickness or pop for a strong-side defensive end but uses violent hands and has enough get-off to pressure the tackle's outside shoulder on a pass rush.

Strength: Plays with leverage and is quite strong for his size but lacks the bulk to turn tackles or push the pocket at the next level. May be best off playing linebacker in order to match up against tight ends or get the jump on tackles off the edge. Should handle most tight ends playing the nine-technique against the run and in coverage.

Tackling: Exceptional hustle and chase on the edge, whether the play is in front of or behind him. Plays low and changes directions well. Wraps and rarely lets go, even though his arms are not as long as many NFL defenders. Goes through the ballcarrier and delivers a serious blow on almost every tackle.

Intangibles: Durable, consistent, high-effort performer who plays hard through the fourth quarter. Vocal leader who congratulates teammates and lets them know when they did not complete their assignment.

How bout your FA moves? Surely, you'd snag us a shutdown corner or speed rusher, right?

Im thinking Kampman or Peppers in FA and Malcom Floyd at WR. I have faith in Owens, Grimes and WIlliams

I don't think TD will hop on a guy (Kampman) coming off of an ACL injury after the crap we went through last year.

I don't think Peppers will take the money we're offering to play here (although he's said it's not about the money, and I would think he'd like to play against Carolina, and I think we'd be a good fit for him because he doesn't want to be a leader.)

I don't think that we need any movement at WR now that HD will be coming back. Next year if Jenkins still blows we can axe him.

This is all why I think DE makes the most sense in the 1st if we can get Graham/Griffen or even if (anyone except for JPP) drops to 19. Otherwise I'd trade down to get Navarro Bowman or Eric Norwood.

Keep in mind Williams isn't actually signed yet. Maybe we'll talk with Bodden (he's the only FA corner I want, sorry) first.

3a. DEXTER MCCLUSTER

3b.

BRANDON LANG

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 266 | Position:DE | College: Troy

Pass rush: Lines up at left defensive end (opposite the right tackle) and has enough burst off the snap to get blockers back on their heels quickly. Good use of hands and upper-body strength to pop the tackle and disengage quickly. Good pass-rush technique and shows a variety of pass-rush moves, including swim, rip and bull rush. Feels the cut block and quickly sprawls to keep his feet. Good closing speed and lateral agility to break down in space to tackle mobile quarterbacks behind the line of scrimmage.

Run defense: Has less than ideal size for the position, but shows at least moderate upper-body strength to stack and shed. His aggressiveness can work against him at times. Rushes blindly upfield and can be beaten by screens and quick draws when he loses contain. Good effort laterally and downfield in pursuit.

Explosion: Good initial burst off the snap. Flashes explosive upper-body strength to shock the offensive tackle and quickly disengage. Occasionally used as a zone blitz defender and shows intriguing burst out of his stance moving backward. Generates good depth on his pass drop with a good short-area burst in reverse and laterally. Enough athleticism to at least consider making the transition to rush linebacker in a 3-4 defense ala former Troy star DeMarcus Ware.

Strength: At least moderate upper-body strength to stack and control the offensive tackle. Inconsistent pad level and can be washed out when he plays too high and loses leverage.

Tackling: Good lateral agility to break down in space and make the open-field tackle. Effective wrap-up tackler and flashes some pop. Active hands to poke the ball free while making the tackle.

Intangibles: Highly touted prep prospect, he originally signed with Georgia and was recruited by Florida, Southern Cal and Alabama. Forced to sit out the 2005 season due to academics, which led to his signing with Troy. Will require an extensive medical check at the Combine to check the torn right ACL he suffered in 2007. Will turn 24 before he plays his first snap in the NFL.

4a. KYLE CALLOWAY

4b. DENNIS PITTA

5a. ARTHUR MOATS

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 246 | College: James Madison

One of JMU's five team captains … the Colonial Athletic Association's defensive player of the year and first-team All-CAA … finished the season with 90 tackles, 23.5 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, and one fumble recovery for a touchdown … set JMU's season record for tackles for loss … the national FCS leader in tackles for loss and overall tackles among defensive linemen … finalist for the Dudley Award that is presented annualy to the top football player at one of Virginia's 10 FBS and FCS programs … preseason first-team honors as defensive end in Phil Steele's 2009 College Football Pre-season Guide … pre-season CAA all-conference team as defensive end … pre-season All-America third-team honors as defensive end by College Sporting News … recorded seven tackles in the season-opener at Maryland … vs. Virginia Military had six tackles, three solos, and one sack … vs. Liberty recorded nine tackles, one forced fumble, and a sack, earning him CAA defensive player of the week honors … vs. Hofstra recorded 10 tackles, six solos, and two sacks … vs. Richmond recorded nine tackles, six solos, four tackles for loss, and a sack … vs. Villanova had nine tackles, including two for loss, and a sack … vs. William & Mary recorded nine tackles, four solos, and one sack … vs. Delaware recorded seven tackles, five solos and two and half sacks … vs. Maine recorded six tackles, three solos, and one tackle for loss … vs. Massachusetts recorded 11 tackles, including four solo, and two sacks … vs. Towson recorded seven tackles, two solos, and a 68-yard fumble recovery for a touchdown.

5b. KEVIN HASLAM

6. DANNY BATTEN

picks 1thru 4b would make me happy,the last few picks not so much,we could get those guys as free agents after the draft