Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

*****2010 IMD discussion thread*****

490 posts in this topic

Anyone one who watched the NFC Divisional Game knows exactly "WTF" I was thinking. Adamsis getting older and Romo needs so protection. I had no other "pressing" needs. I traded up for Williams but someone(Jaymaad) did not approve the trade in time before the Steelers snatched him up. I did not want to draft a G this high.

It is not my fault you never got back to me until late I was on this board until like 2am last night, and If i didnt approve it for another reason then I had my reasons son. Dont try to call me out playa, that is a punk move, you lost a few cool points in my book today kid, but luckily I dont hold grudges so you will be squared probably tomorrow.

I am disappointed in myself, I love my pick, but i failed to look at the draft and didnt realize that I could have had Gerald McCoy, SMH@ myself.

you guys not familiar with Doug Free he played great after Mark Colombo got hurt and is even better at LT than RT.

If he could play LT, I don't see why he wouldn't have taken the spot yet. Adams was horrible nearly the whole year.

Free is probably Colombo's replacement.

If he could play LT, I don't see why he wouldn't have taken the spot yet. Adams was horrible nearly the whole year.

Free is probably Colombo's replacement.

the Cowboys were loyal to the veteran guy. He has been there FOREVER.

Free is a better LT than a RT because he isn't the powerful run blocker a team needs at RT.

To Jaymaad: I was just kidding. I understand the what happened exactly, and even if you were there I would not have been. My work blocks this stuff. I apologize. tbqh, I would have picked Campbell anyway.

He is right though. Doug Free is good. There is five spots on the OL. He is just one.

To Jaymaad: I was just kidding. I understand the what happened exactly, and even if you were there I would not have been. My work blocks this stuff. I apologize. tbqh, I would have picked Campbell anyway.

He is right though. Doug Free is good. There is five spots on the OL. He is just one.

But the problem still remains that Free and Campbell both play the same position.

Anybody know when the compensatory picks are announced?

We usually have them for the IMD, and I need them this year more than ever, especially since the Falcons should be getting some fairly good picks.

They don't have the run blocking skills to play RT.

Bruce Campbell can definitely play on the right side if the Cowboys' coaches think that Free's best fit is at LT. Free would also be fine on the right side; it doesn't matter that he's a better pass blocker than a run blocker.

You think Tony Romo is going to be upset when he finds out he has two very athletic, very good pass blocking OT's on the line protecting him? I think it'll be quite the opposite.

Seriously. Campbell is about 315. He'll be fine on either side.

Whats so mind boggling is he is so athletic at that size.

Anybody know when the compensatory picks are announced?

We usually have them for the IMD, and I need them this year more than ever, especially since the Falcons should be getting some fairly good picks.

They are not usually announced in time for my draft. But there is one later on that normally has them in it.

Bruce Campbell can definitely play on the right side if the Cowboys' coaches think that Free's best fit is at LT. Free would also be fine on the right side; it doesn't matter that he's a better pass blocker than a run blocker.

You think Tony Romo is going to be upset when he finds out he has two very athletic, very good pass blocking OT's on the line protecting him? I think it'll be quite the opposite.

yeah Romo may be happy but the RB's and running game won't be.

yeah Romo may be happy but the RB's and running game won't be.

why not? they will still have all the old OL plus a good pass blocker with the skills to be a great run blocker. Look, I don't want to fight with you about something so meaningless. If you want to have the last word, then go ahead and say something smartass and I won't respond.

why not? they will still have all the old OL plus a good pass blocker with the skills to be a great run blocker. Look, I don't want to fight with you about something so meaningless. If you want to have the last word, then go ahead and say something smartass and I won't respond.

All i'm saying is when you have 2 OT for the future and no RT that doesn't make a whole lot of sense and the running game would suffer as a result. Campbell is not and will not be a dominant run blocker and neither will Free. If you look at the stats the running game suffered when Colombo was not in and Free was. Free is better at pass blocking and Colombo is better at run blocking.

All i'm saying is when you have 2 OT for the future and no RT that doesn't make a whole lot of sense and the running game would suffer as a result. Campbell is not and will not be a dominant run blocker and neither will Free. If you look at the stats the running game suffered when Colombo was not in and Free was. Free is better at pass blocking and Colombo is better at run blocking.

This is the last time I'm commenting on this subject, but right now you are talking out of your ***. I agree with you on one thing: Doug Free is a very good pass blocker. But don't make up a statement like "if you look at the stats" the running game wasn't good with Colombo out and free in.

Do you actually know the stats when Free was starting? I do.

Free started from Week 11-Week 17.

Dallas Cowboys rushing statistics for those 7 games:

Week 11: 153 rushing yards

Week 12: 195 rushing yards

Week 13: 100 rushing yards

Week 14: 108 rushing yards

Week 15: 145 rushing yards

Week 16: 108 rushing yards

Week 17: 179 rushing yards

I actually took the time to look this up because what you've been saying has been so ridiculous. The Cowboys running game suffered? They had their best rushing games with Free starting, so don't say he can't get a good push. No matter where Free plays on the line the running game will be fine, and now it will be improved because Campbell is better than Adams and Colombo, not to mention the pss blocking will be greatly improved.

Perhaps Free nor Campbell would not be considered your typical RT who is only good at run blocking, but that is a good thing. They are both good run blockers and very good pass blockers. Tony Romo will be one of the best protected QBs in the league with this young pair of bookend OTs. This is a victory for Dallas.

The Lions are taking offers for RB Maurice Morris. He's a great change of pace back and adds veteran leadership to whatever squad he's on. After trading for Steven Jackson and already having Kevin Smith, Maurice Morris doesn't really fit in anymore.

Someone may want to double check me or correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think AZ's GM has been active. When I looked at his list of FAs and found Deuce Lutui, I noticed that he had not made offers to any of them.

In the 2nd round if im not here my draft board will go

1. Brandon Spikes

2. Arrelious Benn

3. Golden Tate

4. Jahvid Best

5. Jacoby Ford

It would be best if you pm robb or 1989fan with your top 5 list.

Thats what I'm wondering. He's drafting a #3 receiver. What the heck?

Nah... He already knows that Crabtree will be so busy bemoaning the fact that Austin is joining the team and taking away HIS opportunities that San Fran will end up having to trade him and thus need Tate as the #2 WR.

See...

it makes sense now. :rolleyes:

Don't forget Isaac Bruce still makes a good 3 receiver. And Vernon Davis is good to...Having the first pick in the second round gives me lots of option but with Tate off the board, I am not a big Benn fan and drafting an OL and trading for an ILB messes up my needs. My needs are ILB, WR, OL, DE, not in that order. Got a feeling, there will be PLENTY of WR depth, same with OL. Everson Griffen, the only DE worth taking there, plays in a 4-3 system.