Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

*****2010 IMD discussion thread*****

490 posts in this topic

James Starks will take over for Moore as the 3rd down back. He really catches the ball out of the backfield well for a bigger back.

Love the James Starks pick. If not for Anthony Dixon slipping to the 5th, he would have been my pick. Missing last year really got him off people's radar, but I loved his combine performace.

Pretty missed Kam Chancellor didnt slip a few more picks too. Would have loved him, he will be a beast on Special teams, until he is ready to contribute. Can play both safety spots too.

Sleepers right now on board

Zac Robinson QB

Lagarrate Blount as RB

Marcus Easley WR

Nate Byham at TE

Chris Scoot on the OL

Alex Daniels at DE

Malcolm Sheppard at DT

Kavell Conner, Rodderick Muckleroy at OLB

Philip Dilard at MLB

Trevard Lindley, Brian Jackson, David Pender, Chris Hawkins, Jamar Wall at CB lot of sleepers here

Kurt Coleman at S

Hunter Lawrence at K

Matt Dodge P

I took Dillard in the 5th.

i am well aware, lol. i was really hoping he might slide to my pick right now.

i'm going to make my pick soon, i'm just struggling with it...

I want one more 7th round pick

Im willing to trade RB Alvin Pearman, Donnie NIckey SS, Lavelle Hawkins WR/KR, Troy Kropog RT/OG, Javon Ringer RB for a good player and a 7th round pick

With the pick of Rashawn Jackson, James Stark, Trent Williams and J.D. Walton the Steelers will be able to get back to their power running roots.

Big Ben would still throw the ball alot, but the offense would be alot more balanced.

Jackson's strength isn't run blocking. You should have gone with john Connor. (no it's not a joke. He was the FB for kentucky and is the best blocking fb in the draft)

Jackson may not be quite the blocker of Jon Conner, but he's no slouch. I took Jackson because he can run and catch a ton better than Conner.

Jackson may not be quite the blocker of Jon Conner, but he's no slouch. I took Jackson because he can run and catch a ton better than Conner.

very true. Jackson is an adequate run blocker.

Anyone interested in giving up a 7th round pick

you can either pick 2 of the following players

RB Alvin Pearman, CB Nick Harper, FS Donnie Nickey

Or one of the following

WR Lavelle Hawkins, DE David Ball, Mike Otto T/G(will need a player and a 7th rounder), Troy Kropog T/G(Available for a 7th and a player)

All players are better then a 7th round pick for sure 7th round picks dont usually make roster, but i need depth so they would make my roster most likely

Bears IMD

Draft picks:

3rd round: 11th in round= Rennie Curran OLB UGA

3rd round: 20th in round= Jon Asamoah OG Illinois

4th round: 10th in round= Joe Mcknight RB USC

6th round: 12th in round= Colin Peek TE Bama

7th round: 12th in round= Larry Asante SS Nebraska

thoughts?

Nice pick up with Asante.

thanks man

Last call for Chris Houston. He's available for whatever pick you have left.

I'm also looking for a backup QB for Houston. Please PM any offers.

I'll comment further tomorrow, but I can't believe that Chris Scott was available for the 49ers in the 7th. He's arguably the most versatile OL in the draft and only struggled against small speed rushers (see: Virginia Tech's Jason Worilds). Good thing I plan on using the mammoth Scott at OG where he could start right away and be very good, but he'll compete with Cody Wallace for that spot. Within the next two seasons Wallace will take over for Heitmann at center and Scott will be starting at RG if he doesn't take the job sooner or even Day 1. He's a good pass protector, a fantastic run blocker, and he was a misfit at left tackle for Tenn last season -- he's a 3rd/4th round talent that can play every OL spot and a great value pick in the 7th round.

I'm a big fan of Scott's and I hope the Falcons pick him up late on draft day. I don't care about his combine performance, he is a football player and a **** good one at that.

Also, San Fran is shopping Shaun Hill for a 7th round pick.

I'll comment further tomorrow, but I can't believe that Chris Scott was available for the 49ers in the 7th. He's arguably the most versatile OL in the draft and only struggled against small speed rushers (see: Virginia Tech's Jason Worilds). Good thing I plan on using the mammoth Scott at OG where he could start right away and be very good, but he'll compete with Cody Wallace for that spot. Within the next two seasons Wallace will take over for Heitmann at center and Scott will be starting at RG if he doesn't take the job sooner or even Day 1. He's a good pass protector, a fantastic run blocker, and he was a misfit at left tackle for Tenn last season -- he's a 3rd/4th round talent that can play every OL spot and a great value pick in the 7th round.

I'm a big fan of Scott's and I hope the Falcons pick him up late on draft day. I don't care about his combine performance, he is a football player and a **** good one at that.

Also, San Fran is shopping Shaun Hill for a 7th round pick.

Scott can't play OT at all imho. However, as an OG that's a great pick. Is Wallace starting over Rachal?

I'll comment further tomorrow, but I can't believe that Chris Scott was available for the 49ers in the 7th.

Nah b. Not everyone you pick is a steal.

Scott can't play OT at all imho. However, as an OG that's a great pick. Is Wallace starting over Rachal?

I think Scott can play RT if he has too, but his best spot will be at OG and that's what I drafted him to play.

Chilo Rachal has one of the OG spots locked down, and I thought that Cody Wallace would compete with David Baas for the other OG spot since he's too talented to wait behind Heitmann to play at center. I didn't realize that Baas was signed away in free agency, so I brought in some competition for the other OG spot for this upcoming season by bringing in Scott.

For long-term plans, my offensive line will be:

LT: Joe Staley (25 years old)

LG: Chris Scott (23 years old)

C: Cody Wallace (25 years old)

RG: Chilo Rachal (24 years old)

RT: Donald Penn (26 years old)

Assuming Scott pans out like I expect him to at OG, that's one of the most talented offensive lines in the league and will continue to get better as they play together for the next decade. A fantastic young set of OTs and three promising young and very talented interior linemen....in one offseason I've managed to turn around one of San Francisco's bigger weaknesses into one of its bigger strengths (mainly by signing Donald Penn)

Nah b. Not everyone you pick is a steal.

I'm not saying every pick is a steal, and Scott may actually go in the 6th/7th on draft day, but for about two years I've been high on him on these boards and I think he's not being considered a Top 4 round selection because teams are still looking at him as an offensive tackle. He played right tackle and left tackle at Tennessee, and led one of the nation's premier offensive line which gave up the fewest sacks in his time at Tennessee. His biggest strength is his run blocking which led to Hardesty's success, and when he was a freshman he started at OG, his natural position, until injuries forced him to move to OT where he stayed at for the remaining 3 years there and earned All-American honors. He struggles against small speedy defensive ends, but moving inside will prevent that match up.

I'd love for the Falcons to take him in the 5th/6th as an OG prospect. For the IMD, he provides a starting OG for the 49ers and depth at every OL spot -- wouldn't you want that for ATL?

PS - I can't help that all of my picks so far have been great value picks :D