Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

*****2010 IMD discussion thread*****

490 posts in this topic

Zanka I believe your inbox is full so you can't receive messages.

I just noticed. Thanks

Tony Pike was actually available? I can hardly believe that. I looked over that pick list almost 10 times trying to find his name but it wasn't on there. How is that even possible?

Well I got the backup QB I wanted... I just can't fathom that I got Pike in the 6th. I'm gonna go ahead and say that's the steal of the draft so far.

Tony Pike was actually available? I can hardly believe that. I looked over that pick list almost 10 times trying to find his name but it wasn't on there. How is that even possible?

Well I got the backup QB I wanted... I just can't fathom that I got Pike in the 6th. I'm gonna go ahead and say that's the steal of the draft so far.

I strongly considered him in the 5th, but I took John Skelton instead. Personally, I like the potential of Skelton better. Great size & arm strength.

But yeah, Pike is a huge steal in the 6th. I think both Pike & Skelton could go in the 2nd.

I strongly considered him in the 5th, but I took John Skelton instead. Personally, I like the potential of Skelton better. Great size & arm strength.

But yeah, Pike is a huge steal in the 6th. I think both Pike & Skelton could go in the 2nd.

I thought he would be gone when I went with Worilds in the 4th and I didn't have a 5th for Baltimore, but I couldn't believe he still dropped that far.

I think Pike will end up in the 2nd or 3rd, Skelton I think could go in the 4th or 5th to be honest. They both have great size and Skelton probably has better arm strength than Pike. Pike is further along with his mechanics and footwork though (at least it seemed that way to me).

Skelton has a higher ceiling, but Pike needs a year or two of development (which he will get behind Flacco) and then he will be ready to contribute as a backup. I couldn't pass him up this late.

Chris Houston is available for a late round pick.

Please PM me with any offers.

I'll swap pick in 7th round #4 + Donnie Nickey SS/ST for your 7th round pick #19 and Chris Houston

Nickey is special teams player and SS depth which you could use with Antoine harris and give you extra bodies in camp

dang it I lost another player in Anthony Mccoy. Great pick Falcons. I was really looking forward to getting him and can't believed he slipped all the way to here. :P

dang it I lost another player in Anthony Mccoy. Great pick Falcons. I was really looking forward to getting him and can't believed he slipped all the way to here. :P

I wanted him to I was gonna take him l, Javier Arenas lasted really long to, there are a lot of steals should go in this round.

i know lol i wanted to grab him at #13 but the Falcons got him. good pick.

i know lol i wanted to grab him at #13 but the Falcons got him. good pick.

Yeah that is another steal, I was going to pick a TE in this round too. I definitely would have taken him.

Bears pick TE Colin Peek.

they now have drafted:

OLB Rennie Curran

OG Jon Asamoah

RB Joe Mcknight

TE Colin Peek

Bears pick TE Colin Peek.

they now have drafted:

OLB Rennie Curran

OG Jon Asamoah

RB Joe Mcknight

TE Colin Peek

i was going back and forth between EJ Wilson and Colin Peek but I decided that I needed a DE worse than I needed a TE, I am very disappointed that he is off the board lol. i was really hoping he would slide to my last 6th rounder, good pick.

time to regroup for my last pick then lol.

Tennesee Titans Draft so far

1. Kyle Wilson CB, Boise State - I got the shutdown CB i wanted, wont put a ton of pressure on him he can be a #2 rookie year learning behind the very talented Cortland Finnegan and thrive

3. Jacoby Ford WR, Clemson- I got the WR i wanted to, the fastest WR at the combine, i needed speed to help out Chris Johnson, my WR do not have a ton of speed, and definetly dont have a deep threat

4th Tony Washington- I could have the steal of the draft here, he has 1st round talent and ability with Character Concerns he dropped, he sounded remorseful and was very young when the incident happened, I beleive he has changed and deserves a 2nd chance he got it with the Titans

5th Joe Webb, WR/QB/TE, UAB- This pick was great value with Webb shooting up draft boards after great Pro Day, Webb provides depth at TE, brings options to Wildcat QB, maybe 3rd down RB if injury occurs, and provides competition and a lot of ability as a WR, he is a projectm but easily could be a future #1 needs coaching, has size, speed, hands, quickness, body type, redzone reciever and ability to make plays

5th Crezdon Butler CB, Clemson- I needed a NB, Crezdon Butler provides great value here and I think he is a steal, he wont have a lot of pressure and compete with Ryan Mouton for the NB job he can also learn behind veteran Nick Harper and Cortland Finnegan, I have almost no depth at the CB position

6th. Leroy Vann, KR/CB/WR, FAMU- Might be a reach but i definetly felt like he wouldnt be there in the 7th round because he is the best KR in the nation, I did not have a dynamic KR here in Tennesee with Hawkins, he is not fast enough IMO, and I get speed and great agility here with Leroy Vann, also Jacoby Ford will not be returning because I do not want him to get injured he is my home run threat

Trades

I received

Clint Ingram OLB, Jacksonville Jaguars for a 7th round pick, I had zero depth at LB, losing Keith Bullock, so I not only bettered my depth but i got a Starting OLB, for a 7th round pick, Id say that is a great deal

Jacoby Jones, WR Houston Texans- Jacoby Ford is a dynamic, playmaking slot reciever in my opinion not a true #2, Jacoby Jones brings me that for a 5th round pick, Jones has the size, speed, and hands for a #2, with Kenny Britt as my #1

Bernard Scott, RB, Cincinatti Bengals- I lost my 3rd down back with Lendale White, So i picked up an amazinf 3rd down back here, Scott has a lot of potenital he improves depth and brings me insurance for Chris Johnson

Reggie Nelson FS, Jacksonville Jaguars- I traded Chris Hope and got a 5th, 7th and Bernard Scott, So i had to pick up a S, and moved Griffin to SS, I already have pretty good depth with Vincent Fuller as well

Limas Sweed WR, Pittsburgh Steelers- Limas Sweed has 1st round pick potential and he is still very young and has a lot of talent, I think he can be a solid #4 WR and do good things on special teams also brings bodies to camp and pushes Ford, and Jones a lot harder for there spots

Im interested in getting back into the 6th round

I have Lavelle Hawkins WR, Craig Stevens TE, Alvin Pearman RB available also

my 7th round pick (from Steelers) with a package of on of these guys for a 6th rounder i have guys i want to move up to get

PM if interested

I too am interested in trading up into the 6th. I have a late 7th round pick, Maurice Morris, and possibly others from my roster that i can use to trade up. Check out my roster(in my sig) if you want let me know and we could work out a deal.

i am torn between taking a position of need (kind of) and what I think could be the steal of the draft.....hmmm.

i am torn between taking a position of need (kind of) and what I think could be the steal of the draft.....hmmm.

take the steal. A position of need isn't likely to be met this late in the draft anyway.

I think i might know the steal

Steals left right now IMO

are some of the QB Zac Robinson and Sean Canfield, cant believe Kafka hasnt been take i guess he ran a 4.5 at his pro day

also Rodderick Muckleroy in the 6th are you kidding, Malcolm Sheppard DT, and other guys these guys will go off quickly

are some of the QB Zac Robinson and Sean Canfield, cant believe Kafka hasnt been take i guess he ran a 4.5 at his pro day

also Rodderick Muckleroy in the 6th are you kidding, Malcolm Sheppard DT, and other guys these guys will go off quickly

I was real high on Muckelroy earlier this year, but he's not quite the athletic specimen that he was made out to be. Because he's not as athletic he doesn't project as well to the weak side which was probably his best position. He looks good on tape and was productive, but I have some questions about how he will transition. I liked a lot of what I saw, and frankly he didn't look slow on film, so maybe he will surprise some people.

Robinson is one indeed, but not the guy I like.

I have a small school guy in mind.

Robinson is one indeed, but not the guy I like.

I have a small school guy in mind.

Are you the GM of Cleveland, because they got a good steal in Chancellor in the 6th round.

Are you the GM of Cleveland, because they got a good steal in Chancellor in the 6th round.

no, im not, but that is who I was going to take had they not taken him.

there is another guy who I am really high on still there. He is a LB, I will leave it at that.