Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

*****2010 IMD discussion thread*****

490 posts in this topic

Not very impressive like 49ers offense better, Washington is an average NFL receiver same stats every year not impressive

But 49ers if your interested in trading up I'm on clock in 2 picks I want a 5th and 7th

Washington will make a very good Slot WR along with Mike Thomas, you just picked his because you trying to work out another Madden trade with him LOL

TBH I'd let mstone have Anthony Dixon. Really he posted 3 mins after his original pick, he could have easily quick edited it and no one would have set a thing instead he made a post asking if it would be ok.

I think MStone should also get Dixon. We've had instances where people have changed their picks after their pick and before the next pick was made, and that was allowed, so I believe that precedent has been set.

Not that it matters really, but in my book the Bills have Dixon. Hopefully Robb agrees.

I am going to say that My offense has yours by half a mile LOL

QB - DAvid Garrard - I see you didnt put your QB up there LOL

RB - MJD, Justin Fargas

WR - Mike Sims-Walker(Beasted last year), Antiono Bryant, Nate Washington(I dont know why Flash Traded him), MIke Thomas(Flashed last year)

TE - Mercerdes lewis, and a draft pick

OL - I think my OLine is above your OLINe

^^^^All That = My offense got your offense, mainly because my QB is better than your QB and now we got him some weapons, Yeah Buddy

I did name my Alex Smith as my QB several times in other posts, I only didn't name him there because I was talking about the different sets that I could use -- Smith is in every one as the QB and that doesn't change.

I was listing all the different sets that the WRs, TEs, and RBs will line up in, and to realize how dangerous it will be I listed who the WRs, TEs, and RBs are.

I also think my line is better, my RB duo is better, my WR core is, and my TEs are definitely better.

The only thing you may have me on is QB, but like I've said many times already, I think Smith will thrive in this offense and he is still only 25.

I did name my Alex Smith as my QB several times in other posts, I only didn't name him there because I was talking about the different sets that I could use -- Smith is in every one as the QB and that doesn't change.

I was listing all the different sets that the WRs, TEs, and RBs will line up in, and to realize how dangerous it will be I listed who the WRs, TEs, and RBs are.

I also think my line is better, my RB duo is better, my WR core is, and my TEs are definitely better.

The only thing you may have me on is QB, but like I've said many times already, I think Smith will thrive in this offense and he is still only 25.

It all comes down to the QB as I have said before. And as of right now Smith is no more than a solid care taker at QB. Nothing special

Darn, should have replied to Jaymadd here rather than further cluttering up the Pick thread. Whatever Robb decides I am okay with, I just do not think it's a big deal since no one else picked. It was a simple mistake. As I stated in the other thread in response to you Jaymadd, NFL teams have a lot of people working for them making sure no mistakes are made, I have one. I understand you want it to be realistic but unfortunately as with any "mock" it cannot be 100% so. I appreciate you guys support though. Whatever you decide Robb, I am fine with.

offenses huh? here it is......

QB - Carson Palmer

RB - Cedric Benson, Jahvid Best

WR - Chad Ochocinco, Arellius Benn, Andre Caldwell

TE - Greg Olson, Chase Coffman

OL - above average at least

Washington will make a very good Slot WR along with Mike Thomas, you just picked his because you trying to work out another Madden trade with him LOL

yeah true.. thats why i picked his...

David Garrard is nothing special, I think Smith is better and a lot of your guys you named are average

Garrard<Smith

WR<49ers

RB=49ers but he has a better #2

TE Definetly 49ers

OL bout equal neither one incredible

and were not talking bout a trade, also its not a madden trade a 5th and 7th for my 5th rounder was what was considered... that happens in real life, that exact trade

QB - Carson Palmer

You clearly have me at QB, but I think I have you everywhere else TBH.

Benson had a good year last year, and Best is a nice rookie, but I don't see them being a better duo than Frank Gore and Darren Sproles.

Chad Ochocinco has been good for a long time, but at this point in his career, he is not better than Miles Austin. I am the biggest pro-Benn person on this board and have been for years, but Crabtree has proven himself in the league as a good WR in his limited time starting and Benn has yet to do this. Due to my love for Benn, I will call this a wash/slight win for SF. I think Golden Tate is going to be a much, much better slot WR than Caldwell. I think if he is drafted to be a slot WR, he will be the best slot WR in the NFL.

I think both my TE, Vernon Davis and Martellus Bennett, are better than Greg Olsen. And way better than Chase Coffman.

I may be biased, but I still think my O-line is a top unit in the NFL going into the season. I've got Joe Staley and Donald Penn as my bookend OTs, Chilo Rachal and Cody Wallace as young good OGs who are only going to continue to improve, and Eric Heitmann who is a very good center and is my only "old" lineman and he just turned 30.

I certainly think the Bengals offense is very good -- I won my league with Cedric Benson as a late pick (steal and a half) and I had Ocho but he didn't play down the stretch because I had Austin, Randy Moss, and DeSean Jackson as well in a 3 WR league.

You've also got to look at my defense, which is perhaps the best defense coming out of the IMD.

As for the Jaguars argument...not so much :lol:

QB - Carson Palmer

As we're talking offenses how about...

QB - Philip Rivers

RB - LT, Jerome Harrison, C.J. Spiller

WR - Demaryius Thomas, Dezmon Briscoe, Legadu Naanee

TE - Antonio Gates, Brandon Manumaleuna

OL - Marcus McNeil, Kris Dielman, Nick Hardwick, Louis Vasquez, Jeromey Clary

You might both have better wide receivers, but it all starts at QB and Rivers is a top 5 QB. My three headed monster at running back would be devastating. Antonio Gates is the best TE in the league and my OL is one of the best in the league.

Darrell Stuckey was a steal in the 5th

I agree, I would have gladly taken him if he was still there when i picked, that was an absolute Steal.

As we're talking offenses how about...

QB - Philip Rivers

RB - LT, Jerome Harrison, C.J. Spiller

WR - Demaryius Thomas, Dezmon Briscoe, Legadu Naanee

TE - Antonio Gates, Brandon Manumaleuna

OL - Marcus McNeil, Kris Dielman, Nick Hardwick, Louis Vasquez, Jeromey Clary

You might both have better wide receivers, but it all starts at QB and Rivers is a top 5 QB. My three headed monster at running back would be devastating. Antonio Gates is the best TE in the league and my OL is one of the best in the league.

YOur Receiving Core is very Suspect Smiley, very suspect, what happen to vincent Jackson, you shouldnt have been cheap my good man LOL

YOur Receiving Core is very Suspect Smiley, very suspect, what happen to vincent Jackson, you shouldnt have been cheap my good man LOL

I was cheap with Vincent Jackson lol, but I had to resign McNeil and Merriman. Plus I don't think VJ is that good, he's more of a product of the system and a good QB.

Darrell Stuckey was a steal in the 5th

I agree, Stuckey and Burnett were the two safeties left for a while that I liked and I thought were worth using a decent pick on.

Idk if Stuckey is better than Smith (;)) but Stuckey was definitely a steal.

Flashinator check your inbox.

I agree, Stuckey and Burnett were the two safeties left for a while that I liked and I thought were worth using a decent pick on.

Idk if Stuckey is better than Smith (;)) but Stuckey was definitely a steal.

Flashinator check your inbox.

I like Major Wright as a later round pick

I didnt get a message from you but im on the clock again in one pick if your interested in moving up... or anyone is?

I like Major Wright as a later round pick

I didnt get a message from you but im on the clock again in one pick if your interested in moving up... or anyone is?

Flash, the San Diego Chargers are interested in trading our janitor for your kit man plus water boy?! We could even chuck in our back up chef or security guard if you are interested?!

PM me.

Flash, the San Diego Chargers are interested in trading our janitor for your kit man plus water boy?! We could even chuck in our back up chef or security guard if you are interested?!

PM me.

the Chef doesnt interest me i dont like his spaghetti but the backup security guard has a lot of potential and could eventually become a started, but we would have to swap water boys

So your water boy, and backup security guard, and starting janitor for my water boy and kit man,ill even throw in some spaghetti my chef makes so he can learn behind the best and maybe develop and we can work out a deal in the future

the Chef doesnt interest me i dont like his spaghetti but the backup security guard has a lot of potential and could eventually become a started, but we would have to swap water boys

So your water boy, and backup security guard, and starting janitor for my water boy and kit man,ill even throw in some spaghetti my chef makes so he can learn behind the best and maybe develop and we can work out a deal in the future

You my friend have yourself a deal!

Linval Joseph, the massive NT from ECU, is a steal in the 5th imo. With the offseason he has had I believe he's moved himself into the 3rd-4th round, and maybe even higher with more teams moving to the 3-4.

He is 6'5, 335 lbs, ran the 40 in 5.09 seconds at the combine, put up 39 reps of 225 lbs at the combine, and had a 30 inch vertical.

He's an athletic specimen, and he's a great NT developmental prospect with a huge upside. He's like last year's Sammie Lee Hill, but a little bit better for the 3-4. He's got the athleticism to play 3-4 DE also, as he can collapse the pocket and stuff the run.

Last season for ECU he had 60 total tackles, 13 TFL, 3 sacks, 14 QB hurries, 1 kick/punt blocked, 1 pass broken up, and he had a goal line rush for a TD on offense.

He'll learn behind a great NT, Aubrayo Franklin, and he will rotate in with Franklin when he needs a break. I didn't have another NT on the roster, so adding Joseph was huge and really the last thing I needed to do for this offseason.

Franklin is only 29, but adding a young promising NT to a team is always a good thing.

Linval Joseph, the massive NT from ECU, is a steal in the 5th imo. With the offseason he has had I believe he's moved himself into the 3rd-4th round, and maybe even higher with more teams moving to the 3-4.

He is 6'5, 335 lbs, ran the 40 in 5.09 seconds at the combine, put up 39 reps of 225 lbs at the combine, and had a 30 inch vertical.

He's an athletic specimen, and he's a great NT developmental prospect with a huge upside. He's like last year's Sammie Lee Hill, but a little bit better for the 3-4. He's got the athleticism to play 3-4 DE also, as he can collapse the pocket and stuff the run.

Last season for ECU he had 60 total tackles, 13 TFL, 3 sacks, 14 QB hurries, 1 kick/punt blocked, 1 pass broken up, and he had a goal line rush for a TD on offense.

He'll learn behind a great NT, Aubrayo Franklin, and he will rotate in with Franklin when he needs a break. I didn't have another NT on the roster, so adding Joseph was huge and really the last thing I needed to do for this offseason.

Franklin is only 29, but adding a young promising NT to a team is always a good thing.

Great pick I was thinking of taking him in the 4th, and then hoping he would fall to no. 28 in the 5th.

Back from break and time to comment on round 4 before the 5th round picks

With the 31st pick in the forth round, the Colts select

Freddie Barnes, WR, Bowling Green

Barnes is a possession receiver and a very good route runner which will work out great for the best QB in the league. Barnes can be a solid 4th WR for the Colts and even contribute on special teams.

picks so far

1st round: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

2nd round: Tyson Alualu, DT, Cal

3rd round: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB, Indiana

4th round: Freddie Barnes, WR, Bowling Green

------------

With the 32nd pick in the forth round, The saints pick:

Major Wright, FS, Florida

Saints are lucky Wright fell this far and he will compete for the starting spot left open by Sharper. He will also contribute on special teams early in his career

picks so far:

1st round: Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

2nd round: Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern

3rd round: Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale

4th round: Major Wright, FS, Florida