Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

*****2010 IMD discussion thread*****

490 posts in this topic

I thought about Dixon but getting Marshawn Lynch for my 5th round pick seemed like a better value, but yeah i've been shocked at a lot of players falling... Wish I had more picks lol

lol i wish i needed a RB. I had Dixon as one of the top 5 RB's in the draft.

I thought about Dixon but getting Marshawn Lynch for my 5th round pick seemed like a better value, but yeah i've been shocked at a lot of players falling... Wish I had more picks lol

im interested in trading down, i have #11 pick in 5th round its now the #2 pick in 5th so whoever is available could be available then

Yeah i took over a team after free agency and after my first round was made for me. I haven't been able to get good trades. Sucks because I lost lord knows how many players to free agency.

are you interested in any of those guys? and yeah i lost starting Kevin Mawae, really good pro bowl G, Keith Bullock, Kyle Vanden Bosch,Jevon Kearse Lendale White

are you interested in any of those guys? and yeah i lost starting Kevin Mawae, really good pro bowl G, Keith Bullock, Will WItherspoon, Kyle Vanden Bosch,Jevon Kearse Lendale White

will witherspoon was never yours to lose.

Can he play Guard? And thanks I like the pick a lot was hoping no one would pick him before me, I think he is a lot better then the OT going now and there were a run of OT right after I took Washington so I got the BPA IMO

I think so, but again I can't say for sure because I haven't seen him play, so I don't like to talk on guys that I haven't watched. Know what I mean?

Im surprised that no one is interested in Bo Scaife for a 5th its amazing a veteran TE better than anyone in the 5th and can be an instant upgrade at #2 TE but no one interested Im looking to draft a TE in 7th round and use Jared Cook as #1 then draft a blocking and receiving TE like Dedrick Epps but i need more picks i have a lot of needs cause i missed FA, Javon Ringer for 5th, Craig Stevens for 7th, thats really the only guys on my team that are on the block that could return any value... Lavelle Hawkins and Alvin Pearman KR avaialable for a swap of picks or a late 7th rounder

Dude to be fair you offered him to me and said he would instantly be my starter and upgrade my offense, but unless Todd Heap offed himself before this mock draft started there is no way that Scaife would sniff the starting spot unless Heap got shot. So that eroded your credibility when you were trying to pull off a trade with me, lol.

Who will be throwing the ball? It all comes down to QB. And don't you have a really bad OLine.

I have faith in Alex Smith to thrive in this spread offense similar to what the Pats run and similar to what Denver ran last year. He showed that he can play well in shotgun and 3 WR sets last season having some very, very good games, and you also can't blame his lack of stardom to date solely on him. Until this last season he has had no weapons to work with in the passing game, and until this upcoming season he has not had good protection. Now he'll have the best set of offensive skill weapons to work with, and a very good OL. I expect him to earn a Pro Bowl berth.

And no, the 49ers only OL need is at RT and to retain David Baas at OG. I did retain Baas at OG and I signed Donald Penn, a great young OT from the Buccaneers to the be my RT.

So my offensive line is:

LT: Joe Staley -- 2007 1st round pick

LG: David Baas -- 2005 2nd round pick

C: Eric Heitmann -- but really Cody Wallace, the 25 yr old recently drafted All-American from Texas A&M -- 2008 4th round pick

RG: Chilo Rachal -- 2008 2nd round pick

RT: Donald Penn -- free agent addition, one of the top young OTs in the NFL

My OL is young and very talented. My OTs are a top 5 OT pair in the NFL, and they will protect whoever I have at QB for a very long time.

49ers still looking to move up to a pick that is either on or about to be OTC.

Even though the Eagles didn't have a huge need for a WR I couldn't pass up getting Gilyard in the 4th round..

This was a great value pick, I just don't like the pick at all for the Eagles. Gilyard is a slower version of Maclin and Jackson, what he brings to the table is basically a poorer version of what they do. He'd have made more sense for a team like the Texans or the Ravens who could use a slot WR.

The Eagles need a big WR -- someone like Riley Cooper, Mike Williams, or Jeremy Williams may have been a fitter fit from a need stand point.

Did you check your inbox recently?

Heitman is a good player.

I know, but I don't know for how much longer he can keep Wallace on the bench. Wallace can be a heck of a center in the league, he was great at Texas A&M, but I do agree that Heitmann is a good center and he will probably continue to start. Wallace can also compete at OG with Baas.

I know, but I don't know for how much longer he can keep Wallace on the bench. Wallace can be a heck of a center in the league, he was great at Texas A&M, but I do agree that Heitmann is a good center and he will probably continue to start. Wallace can also compete at OG with Baas.

true that's a great thing about Wallace.

I think so, but again I can't say for sure because I haven't seen him play, so I don't like to talk on guys that I haven't watched. Know what I mean?

Dude to be fair you offered him to me and said he would instantly be my starter and upgrade my offense, but unless Todd Heap offed himself before this mock draft started there is no way that Scaife would sniff the starting spot unless Heap got shot. So that eroded your credibility when you were trying to pull off a trade with me, lol.

I was thinking that Heap was gone in FA, cause you said you basically emptied house so i didnt know but still you dont have a lot of depth, and he would upgrade your offense, when Heap and Scaife are both in on the same 2 TE set, tell me what team in the NFL can cover both of those guys going on Catching routes, i dont think there is a team in the NFL that can cover that, are you interested in making a deal?

make me an offer, I either want a 5th straight up or a decent player and a 6th round pick, or a average/good player plus 7th, or straight up player for player depending

Im now putting Jason McCourty CB, TItans, and Ryan Mouton and Nick Harper all on the trading block, Nick Harper is a decent NB, and Ryan Mouton and Jason McCourty are contending for the real Titans #2 CB so they obviously have talent, I need more picks, and have my eye on a 7th round pick

In making a trade for the my last pick the Redskins are done with the draft. So here's my logic on why I made what picks I made

1st Rd- Anthony Davis OT Rutgers. If FA plays out where the Redskins lose Campbell and I was in control of the team I would have taken Clausen OR Okung OT from OSU. Davis probably would have been considered but there are other guys I would have looked at first. But Davis is a fine pick and considering the OL problems in Washington it makes sense.

2nd Rd- Sergio Kindle OLB Texas. If Kindle wasn't available I would have taken Patrick Robinson or Matthews of Fresno St. But Kindle and Orakpo on opposite sides of our LB group is a scare thought and was TOO MUCH value to pass up.

4th Rd- Jevon Snead QB Ole Miss. I actually like Snead as a possible pro QB. I think he has the arm and when he had a good OL he was outstanding. Considering the lack of a QB on my team reaching for Snead here was mandatory. Snead also reminds me a lot of Cutler and could play well in Shanahan's system. I thought about Pike and Davis the RB but ultimately liked Snead more

Trades

Marshawn Lynch RB Bills for a 5th round pick. This probably my favorite move, to get Lynch who is only 23 years old has two 1000 yard seasons, will provide a very talented one/two punch with Portis for the Redskins. Also since I lost 2 RB's in FA replacing them with Lynch is a upgrade

Jason McCourty CB Titans for a 7th round pick. After learning I had also lost Carlos Rogers I needed a CB, lacking the necessary picks to draft guys I like or trades, I decided to make a move for a 6'0' CB who is physical and would possible start at some point during the season. Didn't really feel like anyone who would be there in the 7th round would be any better than McCourty so the deal makes sense from that standpoint.

And that's it, it was fun while it lasted it. If you do it again let me know. Just one thing I'd like to see changed. If a team manager is replaced allow the new manager the opportunity to bid on FA's especially RFA. You could simply reopen the bidding for a period of say 1 or 2 days to allow the person the chance to bid on players. However, this would not be done for team once the FA winners are announced, because the team the manager is replacing probably has already placed bids on players and has won or lost players and other teams have already won players and are drafting accordingly to there new team. But in my case and possible others I arrived prior to the announcement of FA winners(I believe I arrived after FA bidding was closed, but the winners had not been announced). The only reason I say that is because it allows the new managers the chance to actually "build" a team. Which I think was the fun in all this. But overall you guys running this did a good job thank you very much. Go Falcons!

Glad I could help you with Lynch, its kind of backfired on me, but in the end, I know he is driving that organization pretty crazy with his troubles and inconsistencies, regardless of the 1000 yard seasons. Fred jackson can carry the load and now I just need someone to help him.

In making a trade for the my last pick the Redskins are done with the draft. So here's my logic on why I made what picks I made

1st Rd- Anthony Davis OT Rutgers. If FA plays out where the Redskins lose Campbell and I was in control of the team I would have taken Clausen OR Okung OT from OSU. Davis probably would have been considered but there are other guys I would have looked at first. But Davis is a fine pick and considering the OL problems in Washington it makes sense.

2nd Rd- Sergio Kindle OLB Texas. If Kindle wasn't available I would have taken Patrick Robinson or Matthews of Fresno St. But Kindle and Orakpo on opposite sides of our LB group is a scare thought and was TOO MUCH value to pass up.

4th Rd- Jevon Snead QB Ole Miss. I actually like Snead as a possible pro QB. I think he has the arm and when he had a good OL he was outstanding. Considering the lack of a QB on my team reaching for Snead here was mandatory. Snead also reminds me a lot of Cutler and could play well in Shanahan's system. I thought about Pike and Davis the RB but ultimately liked Snead more

Trades

Marshawn Lynch RB Bills for a 5th round pick. This probably my favorite move, to get Lynch who is only 23 years old has two 1000 yard seasons, will provide a very talented one/two punch with Portis for the Redskins. Also since I lost 2 RB's in FA replacing them with Lynch is a upgrade

Jason McCourty CB Titans for a 7th round pick. After learning I had also lost Carlos Rogers I needed a CB, lacking the necessary picks to draft guys I like or trades, I decided to make a move for a 6'0' CB who is physical and would possible start at some point during the season. Didn't really feel like anyone who would be there in the 7th round would be any better than McCourty so the deal makes sense from that standpoint.

And that's it, it was fun while it lasted it. If you do it again let me know. Just one thing I'd like to see changed. If a team manager is replaced allow the new manager the opportunity to bid on FA's especially RFA. You could simply reopen the bidding for a period of say 1 or 2 days to allow the person the chance to bid on players. However, this would not be done for team once the FA winners are announced, because the team the manager is replacing probably has already placed bids on players and has won or lost players and other teams have already won players and are drafting accordingly to there new team. But in my case and possible others I arrived prior to the announcement of FA winners(I believe I arrived after FA bidding was closed, but the winners had not been announced). The only reason I say that is because it allows the new managers the chance to actually "build" a team. Which I think was the fun in all this. But overall you guys running this did a good job thank you very much. Go Falcons!

Thanks for the suggestion. I do look for ways to tweak this every year to try and make things better. Some tweaks work, some don't, but that's one to consider because those who pick up dead teams are really behind the 8-ball.

Just a comment on your #1 pick, the only reason you have Davis instead of Okung, is because I had to wait before I made that pick. In round 1, I try to wait 5-6 picks before making a pick for a team. I don't want to do it too early and not give them a chance to make it, but I can't wait too long and then the get someone valued 10 picks lower than where they were selecting. Still, think you did a good job with the Redskins.

thanks.. I love my draft.. i got a lot of guys who were slotted to go early that I was stunned were still around..

I've seen several people say something similar to this. Who are players that you guys (open for anyone to answer) think were drafted too high? If guys are falling, then that means other players are being drafted too early.

So who are the reaches so far in the draft?

I've seen several people say something similar to this. Who are players that you guys (open for anyone to answer) think were drafted too high? If guys are falling, then that means other players are being drafted too early.

So who are the reaches so far in the draft?

Just my opinion, it looks like the only pick that was really a steal for Sac was Mardy Gilyard who went in the 4th. I didnt see too many reaches, alot of the players drafted went in close range with projections. The only reach IMO was the donald butler(LB-Washington) pick in the 2nd.

Sac who fell that you didnt think was going to be available.

I have faith in Alex Smith to thrive in this spread offense similar to what the Pats run and similar to what Denver ran last year. He showed that he can play well in shotgun and 3 WR sets last season having some very, very good games, and you also can't blame his lack of stardom to date solely on him. Until this last season he has had no weapons to work with in the passing game, and until this upcoming season he has not had good protection. Now he'll have the best set of offensive skill weapons to work with, and a very good OL. I expect him to earn a Pro Bowl berth.

And no, the 49ers only OL need is at RT and to retain David Baas at OG. I did retain Baas at OG and I signed Donald Penn, a great young OT from the Buccaneers to the be my RT.

So my offensive line is:

C: Eric Heitmann -- but really Cody Wallace, the 25 yr old recently drafted All-American from Texas A&M -- 2008 4th round pick

My OL is young and very talented. My OTs are a top 5 OT pair in the NFL, and they will protect whoever I have at QB for a very long time.

I signed David Bass away from the 49ers as a FA.

I signed David Bass away from the 49ers as a FA.

49ers im interested in moving down and picking up a 7th round pick I have #11 pick in the 5th round bout to be on clock

So my offensive line is:

I'm interested in making a deal I am OTC in 2 picks so get at me I want a 7th round pick or a pretty good player for my pick, So get at me if you want my pick Im looking for a 7th and a 5th rounder

So my offensive line is:

I'm interested in making a deal I am OTC in 2 picks so get at me I want a 7th round pick or a pretty good player for my pick, So get at me if you want my pick Im looking for a 7th and a 5th rounder also I'm online on my phone so don't PM me if interested post on this board

With the addition of Martellus Bennett to the 49ers offense, the offense has gone from explosive and unstoppable to......super explosive and super unstoppable B)

The real addition here is flexibility.

My main offensive set was and still is going to be a 3 WR, 1 TE set with 1 RB in the backfield, from shotgun or from under center.

But now I can run a very effective 2 TE set with Vernon Davis and Martellus Bennett, and you'll never know if I am going to run or throw since both TEs are good blockers (Vernon is the best in the NLF imo) and very good receivers. I can use an unbelievable amount of sets and they'll be very scary for a defense:

3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB

3 WR, 2 TE, no back

3 WR, 2 RB (Gore + Sproles)

2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB

2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB

1 WR, 2 TE, 2 RB

3 WRs = Miles Austin, Michael Crabtree, Golden Tate

2 TEs = Vernon Davis and Martellus Bennett

2 RB = Frank Gore and Darren Sproles

Btw for IMD purposes I'm changing my team name to the San Francisco Juggernauts.

I'm just going to say, this is a discussion thread where people are supposed to talk about their teams and the IMD. Whichever two people gave me a -1 are pathetic and childish. :rolleyes: If you're jealous or upset or pissed off or whatever, that's fine, but don't act like a 3 year old about it.

For some reason I really doubt he'd be able to have so many great skill position players and stay under the real cap. Unless he understaffed the defense (which he hasn't).

I'm far from the worst offender -- look at the Seahawks who signed 10 million players. I retained all of my key players (really only Aubrayo Franklin) and I added through trade or free agency players that filled big needs on my team (Austin, Jackson, Penn). Then it was all draft from there, and considering my highest pick was #13 overall and then my next highest was #27, all of my acquisitions were very cheap while being very talented. I took a Mike Tannenbaum (Jets) approach to this offseason, going hard after the players I want and moving around in the draft.

I'm just going to say, this is a discussion thread where people are supposed to talk about their teams and the IMD. Whichever two people gave me a -1 are pathetic and childish. :rolleyes: If you're jealous or upset or pissed off or whatever, that's fine, but don't act like a 3 year old about it.

I'm far from the worst offender -- look at the Seahawks who signed 10 million players. I retained all of my key players (really only Aubrayo Franklin) and I added through trade or free agency players that filled big needs on my team (Austin, Jackson, Penn). Then it was all draft from there, and considering my highest pick was #13 overall and then my next highest was #27, all of my acquisitions were very cheap while being very talented. I took a Mike Tannenbaum (Jets) approach to this offseason, going hard after the players I want and moving around in the draft.

I am going to say that My offense has yours by half a mile LOL

QB - DAvid Garrard - I see you didnt put your QB up there LOL

RB - MJD, Justin Fargas

WR - Mike Sims-Walker(Beasted last year), Antiono Bryant, Nate Washington(I dont know why Flash Traded him), MIke Thomas(Flashed last year)

TE - Mercerdes lewis, and a draft pick

OL - I think my OLine is above your OLINe

^^^^All That = My offense got your offense, mainly because my QB is better than your QB and now we got him some weapons, Yeah Buddy

I am going to say that My offense has yours by half a mile LOL

QB - DAvid Garrard - I see you didnt put your QB up there LOL

RB - MJD, Justin Fargas

WR - Mike Sims-Walker(Beasted last year), Antiono Bryant, Nate Washington(I dont know why Flash Traded him), MIke Thomas(Flashed last year)

TE - Mercerdes lewis, and a draft pick

OL - I think my OLine is above your OLINe

^^^^All That = My offense got your offense, mainly because my QB is better than your QB and now we got him some weapons, Yeah Buddy

Not very impressive like 49ers offense better, Washington is an average NFL receiver same stats every year not impressive

But 49ers if your interested in trading up I'm on clock in 2 picks I want a 5th and 7th