Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

*****2010 IMD discussion thread*****

490 posts in this topic

nice grab in Neal. I wanted him, heck even took him, but didnt see you got him. He is gonna be a player IMO.

I am happy getting Arthur Jones though. He really fell off the radar with his injury.

dude I know, Jones was one of the top senior DT's at one point, and even despite the injury he had a pretty good season. if he can stay healthy (that's a big if) he could be a very good player.

No he's not. Just hoping one of 31 of us is however.

Smith is an ascending talent that will probably start and perform well for the 49ers this year, I don't see how a very late 4th is close to an "insane" demand for a trade for him.

You just drafted TJ Ward.

"Ward is athletic enough to play both cornerback and safety. Has good speed and sinks his hips well to maintain it in transition. Smart player who takes good angles in run support and is a sound tackler. Reads the quarterback's eyes to anticipate routes in the passing game.

Ward lacks height and overall size. Can be out-muscled by bigger receivers and struggles to disengage from blockers in run support. Does not have the explosion and ball skills to be a true centerfielder. There are questions about his durability after two major knee surgeries."

-- NFL Combine

He's 5'10. And always hurt. And not that good.

Reggie Smith is a much, much better football player than him and his potential as an NFL safety is maybe 2-3x Ward's. I don't see how you can justify drafting a guy like Ward over trading for a guy like Smith. Had Smith stayed for his senior year, I think he would have been the first safety taken in the 2009 draft over Delmas.

Smith still brings a lot to the table - he can play 3 positions on defense and he's a dynamic return man. He only makes my team better and that much deeper if I keep him, but I'm trying to fill other positions instead of being incredibly strong at safety, cornerback, and in the return department.

From a scout's grade, the Ward pick would get a D+ simply because you need a safety. Ward is also strictly a SS, and so is Pollard, so you now have two strong safeties and no free safeties.

Im looking to trade up into the next few picks is my targeted player is still there, my next pick is the 4th pick of the 5th round. Id be willing to move that and another pick, or if anyone has interests in any of my players. PM me please. I have one last big need I need to fill and I am not sure my targeted player will make it to the 5th.

Im looking to

A) Trade down in 5th and acquire more picks... I have #11 pick in 5th round

B) Trade Bo Scaife for a 5th round pick or a 6th and a player

C) Trade Javon Ringer for a 5th

D) Pick up more picks

With the addition of Martellus Bennett to the 49ers offense, the offense has gone from explosive and unstoppable to......super explosive and super unstoppable B)

The real addition here is flexibility.

My main offensive set was and still is going to be a 3 WR, 1 TE set with 1 RB in the backfield, from shotgun or from under center.

But now I can run a very effective 2 TE set with Vernon Davis and Martellus Bennett, and you'll never know if I am going to run or throw since both TEs are good blockers (Vernon is the best in the NLF imo) and very good receivers. I can use an unbelievable amount of sets and they'll be very scary for a defense:

3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB

3 WR, 2 TE, no back

3 WR, 2 RB (Gore + Sproles)

2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB

2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB

1 WR, 2 TE, 2 RB

3 WRs = Miles Austin, Michael Crabtree, Golden Tate

2 TEs = Vernon Davis and Martellus Bennett

2 RB = Frank Gore and Darren Sproles

Btw for IMD purposes I'm changing my team name to the San Francisco Juggernauts.

The 49ers have expanded their trading block to:

Reggie Smith, DB (S, CB, RS)

Takeo Spikes, LB (3-4 ILB, 4-3 SLB) ** new addition

Shaun Hill, QB ** new addition

Takeo Spikes, LB

With the addition of D'Qwell Jackson to the "Dynamo D", team captain and defensive stalwart Takeo Spikes has been placed on the Trading Block. In his 2 seasons with the 49ers he had 171 tackles, 5 sacks, 7 PBUs, 3 INTs, and 2 FF -- all from the ILB spot in a 3-4. Prior to coming to San Francisco, Takeo has always been a SLB in a 4-3 front. Takeo can play in a 4-3 or 3-4, and despite being 33 he is still an impact player -- very rare for a LB, only the best can still have an impact like Takeo has at this stage in their careers. I don't really want to move Spikes since he brings veteran leadership and is still a very good player, but if the price is right I will move him. For a team looking for a veteran starter and some leadership, Takeo is likely your best bet. He won't stay on the block past a certain point in the draft, and he may make the most sense for 3-4 teams, especially ones transitioning to a 3-4 that don't have the correct players for it.

Shaun Hill, QB

Hill is an older QB, but he provides a veteran option that can allow a young QB, perhaps a rookie QB that was just drafted by your team, time to grow and get ready to start in the NFL. He can still start and win games, but I'm moving forward with Alex Smith as the orchestrator of my offense. Not looking for a lot, most likely a late round pick or maybe if you have a player on your team that I like for depth purposes then I would do a swap.

**Also, the 49ers would like to move up to the bottom of the 4th or the very top of the 5th. In addition to players that the 49ers are willing to trade, the 49ers have a 5th round pick and two 7th round picks. Please PM me if you have a draft pick that fits what I am looking for and would be willing to move down.**

With the addition of Martellus Bennett to the 49ers offense, the offense has gone from explosive and unstoppable to......super explosive and super unstoppable B)

The real addition here is flexibility.

My main offensive set was and still is going to be a 3 WR, 1 TE set with 1 RB in the backfield, from shotgun or from under center.

But now I can run a very effective 2 TE set with Vernon Davis and Martellus Bennett, and you'll never know if I am going to run or throw since both TEs are good blockers (Vernon is the best in the NLF imo) and very good receivers. I can use an unbelievable amount of sets and they'll be very scary for a defense:

3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB

3 WR, 2 TE, no back

3 WR, 2 RB (Gore + Sproles)

2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB

2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB

1 WR, 2 TE, 2 RB

3 WRs = Miles Austin, Michael Crabtree, Golden Tate

2 TEs = Vernon Davis and Martellus Bennett

2 RB = Frank Gore and Darren Sproles

Btw for IMD purposes I'm changing my team name to the San Francisco Juggernauts.

Who will be throwing the ball? It all comes down to QB. And don't you have a really bad OLine.

For some reason I really doubt he'd be able to have so many great skill position players and stay under the real cap. Unless he understaffed the defense (which he hasn't).

Even though the Eagles didn't have a huge need for a WR I couldn't pass up getting Gilyard in the 4th round..

hey jluk an article on black and how he wants to move up in the draft.. i like that pick btw.

Black tries to move up.

He was definitely on my board for the Ravens since I need OL depth, but I really feel like he could have a good impact as a guard, but not necessarily as much as a RT.

He was definitely on my board for the Ravens since I need OL depth, but I really feel like he could have a good impact as a guard, but not necessarily as much as a RT.

what do you think about Tony Washington out of Abilene Christian I couldn't believe he was still there at #13 pick in the 4th he has 1st round potential I chose him for guard tho I think he can thrive there

what do you think about Tony Washington out of Abilene Christian I couldn't believe he was still there at #13 pick in the 4th he has 1st round potential I chose him for guard tho I think he can thrive there

He has tons of potential and athletic ability and I think that the character question surrounding him has a significant amount to do with him not being graded out higher by most online draft sites. It is really hard to figure out where he will go in the draft because some teams will be satisfied with his responses in interviews when they talk about his past and some teams won't, so his range of where he could go is pretty much a crapshoot lol. But he went to Abilene Christian so I haven't watched him at all, but he's not a bad pick at all.

He has tons of potential and athletic ability and I think that the character question surrounding him has a significant amount to do with him not being graded out higher by most online draft sites. It is really hard to figure out where he will go in the draft because some teams will be satisfied with his responses in interviews when they talk about his past and some teams won't, so his range of where he could go is pretty much a crapshoot lol. But he went to Abilene Christian so I haven't watched him at all, but he's not a bad pick at all.

Can he play Guard? And thanks I like the pick a lot was hoping no one would pick him before me, I think he is a lot better then the OT going now and there were a run of OT right after I took Washington so I got the BPA IMO

Even though the Eagles didn't have a huge need for a WR I couldn't pass up getting Gilyard in the 4th round..

Man... you are getting a ton of steals. Gilyard was expected to be a low first round pick and you were able to get him in the fourth round, along with aaron hernandez.

Smith is an ascending talent that will probably start and perform well for the 49ers this year, I don't see how a very late 4th is close to an "insane" demand for a trade for him.

His career statistics: 4 tackles. Do you really think you sound convincing?

TDB you are wanting a 4th round pick for a totally unproven player, and you want the pick based on his scouting report.

There is no way you are gonna get that.

Man... you are getting a ton of steals. Gilyard was expected to be a low first round pick and you were able to get him in the fourth round, along with aaron hernandez.

thanks.. I love my draft.. i got a lot of guys who were slotted to go early that I was stunned were still around..

i'm shocked to see RB Anthony Dixon on the board still

Im surprised that no one is interested in Bo Scaife for a 5th its amazing a veteran TE better than anyone in the 5th and can be an instant upgrade at #2 TE but no one interested Im looking to draft a TE in 7th round and use Jared Cook as #1 then draft a blocking and receiving TE like Dedrick Epps but i need more picks i have a lot of needs cause i missed FA, Javon Ringer for 5th, Craig Stevens for 7th, thats really the only guys on my team that are on the block that could return any value... Lavelle Hawkins and Alvin Pearman KR avaialable for a swap of picks or a late 7th rounder

i'm shocked to see RB Anthony Dixon on the board still

I thought about Dixon but getting Marshawn Lynch for my 5th round pick seemed like a better value, but yeah i've been shocked at a lot of players falling... Wish I had more picks lol

Im surprised that no one is interested in Bo Scaife for a 5th its amazing a veteran TE better than anyone in the 5th and can be an instant upgrade at #2 TE but no one interested Im looking to draft a TE in 7th round and use Jared Cook as #1 then draft a blocking and receiving TE like Dedrick Epps but i need more picks i have a lot of needs cause i missed FA, Javon Ringer for 5th, Craig Stevens for 7th, thats really the only guys on my team that are on the block that could return any value... Lavelle Hawkins and Alvin Pearman KR avaialable for a swap of picks or a late 7th rounder

Yeah i took over a team after free agency and after my first round was made for me. I haven't been able to get good trades. Sucks because I lost lord knows how many players to free agency.