Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

*****2010 IMD discussion thread*****

490 posts in this topic

With the 1st Pick, the St. Louis Rams select Sam Bradford; QB - Oklahoma

Truth be told, I didn't like having to pass on Ndamukong Suh with this pick. But the Rams practice of continually bypassing the QB position has to end. Matt Ryan or Matt Sanchez could have been theirs. In their place are Chris Long and Jason Smith. At some point, you have to draw a line in the sand.

All reports on Bradford's shoulder appear to be encouraging and his performance at Oklahoma speaks for itself. I thought it important to outfit the Rams with weapons for him to develop with, so I broke the bank for Brandon Marshall and found a value investment in Tony Scheffler at TE. So I believe he'll have some tools to work with, which he otherwise wouldn't have.

Signing Chris Redman allows the Rams to bring Bradford along slowly, but perhaps more importantly, gives Bradford a veteran QB who has been in this situation before just recently and will probably be able to provide sage advice and counsel to the young QB.

what happened to jimmy clausen? What made the rams change their minds from Clausen to Bradford?

BTW, the #6 and #14 picks are available for trade.

what happened to jimmy clausen? What made the rams change their minds from Clausen to Bradford?

BTW, the #6 and #14 picks are available for trade.

1) Started to read more about Clausen's make-up versus Bradford's

2) Reports on Bradford's arm started coming in and things seem to be looking good.

3) Probably the safer pick. I think Clausen is the better physical talent but also has Jay Cutler II written on him.

1) Started to read more about Clausen's make-up versus Bradford's

2) Reports on Bradford's arm started coming in and things seem to be looking good.

3) Probably the safer pick. I think Clausen is the better physical talent but also has Jay Cutler II written on him.

Great, now i have to reshuffle my draft board. Thanks St. Louis! :angry::lol:

The Rams made a great pick. QB was the way to go. The Lions are on their way in building a dominant d-line. Suh paired up with Dwan Edwards and promising 2nd year player Sammie Lee Hill is a really really good start.

Come on guys make your picks!! Tom Servo, taylor228193 and UGAboi all you guys need to make your picks right now.

Bradford makes more sense in the west coast offense the Rams use good pick.

Not really considering Clausen played in the west coast offense in college.

Come on guys make your picks!! Tom Servo, taylor228193 and UGAboi all you guys need to make your picks right now.

I'm not sure 2 of those 3 have participated at all.

Not really considering Clausen played in the west coast offense in college.

Bradford is much more accurate than Clausen.

Hmm... I think it's pretty safe to say the Giants will take Gerald McCoy now that Berry is picked. Robb its your call if you want to make the pick for him or if we should wait a longer.

And the Redskins Clausen. Okung is off the board and their GM hasn't been active at all.

I am not a Jimmy Clausen fan, plus I don't think he merits a top ten selection. I would have selected Bradford had he been available.

I picked up OT Jermon Bushrod and OT Alex Barron in FA so OT wasn't an immediate need. I feel comfortable knowing i have Jermon protecting Hasselbeck's blindside, he seemed to do alright in the Saints super bowl run.

Tom Servo needs to be replaced. He was last online Feb 25th. It's best to do it now before too many people skip his pick.

I picked up OT Jermon Bushrod and OT Alex Barron in FA so OT wasn't an immediate need. I feel comfortable knowing i have Jermon protecting Hasselbeck's blindside, he seemed to do alright in the Saints super bowl run.

Bushrod is okay and Barron is garbage. Barron is a total bust and the Rams - who could use any semblance of talent on their offensive line aside from Smith and Brown - neglected to retain him. There is a reason why the Rams need an OT even after drafting Smith at #2 last year. I know you added Evans, but he's a left guard, and that leaves the right side as still pretty sucky.

Also, the 'Hawks need a RB and DE more than they need a S, but thats just my opinion. Then again you did sign like a bajillion people in free agency, so what the Seahawks really need and what your Seahawks need could be pretty different.

my bad metalfalcon then yeah that makes sense man good pick. I assume you would play Berry at SS?

Thanks adam.

Bushrod is okay and Barron is garbage. Barron is a total bust and the Rams - who could use any semblance of talent on their offensive line aside from Smith and Brown - neglected to retain him. There is a reason why the Rams need an OT even after drafting Smith at #2 last year. I know you added Evans, but he's a left guard, and that leaves the right side as still pretty sucky.

Also, the 'Hawks need a RB and DE more than they need a S, but thats just my opinion. Then again you did sign like a bajillion people in free agency, so what the Seahawks really need and what your Seahawks need could be pretty different.

TDB, the draft isn't over yet. I still have the rest of the draft left.

P.S. i picked up Will Smith in FA.

You should have read the rules, and you probably should not have signed up for an IMD that requires constant participation if you "rarely find the motivation to visit" the forum. Nonetheless, I actually think you made the right choice so this could be a blessing in disguise for you. This draft is very deep at safety if you were actually going to take Berry, and very thin at stud MLB's. You got the only stud MLB in the draft, and the Giants need it. In real life, the Giants are praying for McClain and you got him. You can get a good safety later to pair with Phillips.

LOL, get the **** over it. You sound like a person making strict rules for a spelling bee. I really never do have much motivation to visit this forum because this forum's topics are mostly boring and redundant as **** and the IMD, which requires "constant participation," gets a flood of participation the first few days then declines rapidly afterwards. Plus, this stuff is HYPOTHETICAL.

On your response to TDWII, maybe you need to get a **** life. I was cool with you defending me but you posted such a scathing reply to TDWII's joking post that you appeared to be offended. I was not and indeed noticed his joking tone while you acted like a melodramatic, butthurt *****.

Buffalo's 8th pick in the draft is available for anyone trying to move up. PM me offers. Unless the Raiders pick before 12. My pick becomes available at 730am.