Nascar in Atlanta this weekend!

Uga_dog1

Looking forward to the racing this weekend. The truck race is saturday and the Sprint Cup race is on Sunday. Should be a good weekend. Weather forecast looks nice too. If you have never been to a race, you should go. They have great deals on tickets. Should be a good race!! Cant wait for the weekend! Anyone else going??

Hopefully Atlanta brings some good action because the last 2 at Fontana and Las Vegas have been pretty lack luster. AMS does have some fantastic ticket deals right now-if I wasn't in the middle of a bathroom remodel right now, I would consider making it down this weekend. Have a good time out there.

Thank GOD they will get that stupid commercial off TV with that band playing Poisons song, Cheap Bas-stards. At least pay Poision for their version of the song instead of getting some cover band because you don't want to pay Posions fee. Its not like Nascar doesn't make enough money. :wacko:

Thank GOD they will get that stupid commercial off TV with that band playing Poisons song, Cheap Bas-stards. At least pay Poision for their version of the song instead of getting some cover band because you don't want to pay Posions fee. Its not like Nascar doesn't make enough money. :wacko:

I will admit, the cover version of the song on that commercial is horrible. They could have done a lot better.

my dad calls me up and says I could have gotten pit passes for tomorrow, but he refused to take. I'm WTF give them to me then and I'll find someone to take

LOL...I hate that ...

My sister one time who always has season tix for the Falcons called me after a game one day and said "well someone had some free tix to todays game but I told them I had season tix and no thanks" and I was LIKE WTF!!!! LOL <_<

Expect NASCAR to lay the hammer down on Carl Edwards for nearly killing Brad Kesoloski. That was a NASTY wreck...when ever you see a car go A-pillar first into the wall, bad stuff can happen. I saw a guy get killed at a Sportsman race in Charlotte back in the 90's that looked just like that wreck. Edwards made the mistake of wearing white gloves in which you could see them in the replay turn to the right-straight into the 12's quarter panel. Pretty stupid move on Edwards part.

Expect NASCAR to lay the hammer down on Carl Edwards for nearly killing Brad Kesoloski. That was a NASTY wreck...when ever you see a car go A-pillar first into the wall, bad stuff can happen. I saw a guy get killed at a Sportsman race in Charlotte back in the 90's that looked just like that wreck. Edwards made the mistake of wearing white gloves in which you could see them in the replay turn to the right-straight into the 12's quarter panel. Pretty stupid move on Edwards part.

Edwards said he meant to spin him out but didnt mean to launch him. What a crock. Edwards spent most of the race in the garage and came out to intentially wreck Brad. All payback for Talledega which wasnt all Brads fault. Now Edwards wants bygones to be bygones. Another loser in this mess was Juan Pablo Montoya who was realing in Kevin Harvick until the series of green white checkers. I used to like Edwards but this was low life garbage.

I do expect to Nascar to lay down the hammer on Edwards. No sense for that, but Bristol is in 2 weeks so something may happen there. I've lost all respect for Edwards, he tried to wreck the #12 at least 2 times in the race. He's nothing but a whining mommys boy.

Edwards said he meant to spin him out but didnt mean to launch him. What a crock. Edwards spent most of the race in the garage and came out to intentially wreck Brad. All payback for Talledega which wasnt all Brads fault. Now Edwards wants bygones to be bygones. Another loser in this mess was Juan Pablo Montoya who was realing in Kevin Harvick until the series of green white checkers. I used to like Edwards but this was low life garbage.

you mean Kurt Bush?

went to Carl Edwards facebook page and found this posting

My options: Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyones safety or hard work, should I: A-Keep letting him wreck me? B-Confront him after the race? C-Wait til bristol and collect other cars? or D-Take care of it now? I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked aw...ay. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine
Edited by House

You dont do that garbage and have a direct effect on the end of a race. If you have a score to settle, you do it when the risks are lower and your not hurting someones chances to win a race. Nascar can end alot of this crap by making a driver and its owner resonsible for damages done to any other cars if it is ruled you intentionally crashed someone.

how many races will carl edwards be suspended for?

NASCAR will answer that question tomorrow afternoon. It's up in the air if he will even get anything because NASCAR told the drivers that they can police themselves this year. With that said, Kevin Harvick sat out a race for spinning a guy out in a truck race a few years back. I'm thinking that they will sit Carl at least one race.

how many races will carl edwards be suspended for?

I bet none. Nascar was encouraging a little paint swappin before the season began so they have to feel some culpability here. Edwards used to be a guy that was gaining fans every year. Thats vanished. Him and Rapistberger have done themselves proud this week.

I think the "Aw Shucks" persona has worn off Edwards. The guy has some anger issues or something. First there was this incident with his teammate Matt Kenseth after a race at Martinsville:

Then nearly severs Dale Earnhardt Jr's hand with his car after the race at Michigan. Then the deal yesterday. If Edwards wants to take it to a physical level, he needs to do it old school style in the garage.

NASCAR will answer that question tomorrow afternoon. It's up in the air if he will even get anything because NASCAR told the drivers that they can police themselves this year. With that said, Kevin Harvick sat out a race for spinning a guy out in a truck race a few years back. I'm thinking that they will sit Carl at least one race.

yeah i agree i think it's at least one race. what carl did could have killed someone not just the drive, but fans watching the race.. it's one thing to trade some paint at bristol, but it's another imo of getting some guy up like that at atlanta. i still think carl edwards has some anger issues..

I bet none. Nascar was encouraging a little paint swappin before the season began so they have to feel some culpability here. Edwards used to be a guy that was gaining fans every year. Thats vanished. Him and Rapistberger have done themselves proud this week.

it's one thing to trade some paint at bristol, but it's another to get a guy airborne at atlanta motor speedway.. i think he gets at least one race.

if edwards did this to someone like smoke, edwards teeth may have been knocked in. If I was the #12 me and edwards would be getting in a fight after the race sunday. Its like bump drafting at daytona, if the other guy is turning he gonna fly. edwards try to wreck him coming out of turn 4. there's many different ways to solve this problem and he choose the dumbest answer.