Someone help me out here

Gerald McCoy is soooo overrated!!! I mean what does he do better than Brian Price? Brian Price is much quicker, seems stronger, has better instincts, and played on a less talented defense. Price is so lightning quick out of his stance it just overwhelms guards, and is just as good if not better in the run game. Price is just all around better than McCoy, they're both the same type of penetrating DTs and price is much more effective at it.

I'm not saying McCoy is a bad player I just don't he's on Suh's or Prices level. If I was the Lions and Suh was already gone, and I couldn't trade down, I would consider taking Price right there. Of course the fans who know nothing other than what espn tells them would boo, and they would get jokes like " well they are the lions lol". But I just don't think McCoy is on Suh's of Price's level.

link

Not only is he better on tape, but he's put up better numbers:

McCoy: 34 tkls, 15.5 TFLs, 6.0 Sacks

Price: 48 Tkls, 23.5 TFLs, 7.0 Sacks

I see his burst and all but both Suh and Price have that so can someone tell me what I'm missing. This is just like how everyone thought Mcfadden, Dorsey, and Bush were going to be great in the NFL. Dorsey is okay I just thought that Sedrick Ellis was better.

Also does anyone else find Dan Williams overrated he's so one dimensional, Cam Thomas is a better version of Dan Williams.

Edited by jlaw 1500

Perhaps McCoy is overrated(didnt really think about it), but it would make far more sense for the Lions to trade UP, back into the late 1st to get Price. Overdrafting a prospect by nearly a whole round only works for the Patriots and us. :P

Nah, he could be gone at 15 to the Giants.

naw McCoy isnt over rated. the disruption he cause on the d line is why he rated so high. im not hating on price cause i honestly dont kno much about him. McCoy is gonna be a great locker room guy, he wont get into any trouble off field and he not only can play in the middle of the d line but can also move and play some DE at time. Hes really versatile, like i said tho not saying price isnt, i jus kno about McCoy because ive watched him play. Something else to think about is playing in the Big 12 south where alot of teams ran a quick passing offense which would limit his tackles and sacks.

after Suh and McCoy, Odrick is the guy I like. I wouldnt be mad with getting him @ 19 depending how the chips fall.

I like Odrick too, but imo he's not even close to Price. I think this draft is so deep at DT it would be a mistake to draft one in the first round when it's not a big need. The guys I want in the first are Graham, Wilson, Weatherspoon, or Iupati, in that order. If none are there at 19 then a RT/LT like Campbell.

Edited by jlaw 1500

I like Odrick too, but imo he's not even close to Price. I think this draft is so deep at DT it would be a mistake to draft one in the first round when it's not a big need. The guys I want in the first are Graham, Wilson, Weatherspoon, or Iupati, in that order. If none are there at 19 then a RT/LT like Campbell.

I dont know the stat lines, but Odrick led his team in sacks, dominated all season, the was dominating @ the senior bowl as well.

I like them both, but as a PSU fan, I have seen enough to like him alot.

IMO, I like Price better. You don't amass 23.5 TFL as a DT without being one **** of a player. McCoy has two things going for him that Price doesn't. Those are the fact that he played at Oklahoma and that he has that name recognition.

I think the media as a whole overrates players simply because they play for team A. Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Texas, Florida, and USC are some of the most scrutinized football programs in the NCAA. It sometimes seems that every first round mock you see has 5 players from each of those schools.

The media also always grades those schools as having the best recruiting classes year in and year out. That is a statement you can not overlook. Remember when Matt Stafford was a freshmen and Mel Kiper said he would be the number one overall pick someday? Three years later Kiper had to make him the number one overall pick in his mock drafts, otherwise he was gonna look like an idiot. When McIdiot and the rest of those Scouts Inc. morons sit down to rate players, the players they rate the highest are the ones that went to schools overhyped by ESPN or were rated higher coming out of high school.

To Prodigy:

Jerry is coming back from a knee injury. It could be 2011 before he is fully healthy. What are the ramifications of Babs late season arrest? Could he be facing a suspension for the drug charges? Walker was a 7th round pick. Trey Lewis could be an X-factor given that he is 2 years removed from his knee injury. Gardner was a street FA. There is a potential depth problem at the DT position and Pass Rushing DTs are a high priority position for 4-3 teams. Personally, I do not see Price falling past NYG or Tennessee, but if he makes it to 19 Atlanta would be crazy to pass on him.

Not in the first 4 rounds he won't, guaranteed. Not sure why he would draft one at all with Babs, Jerry, and Walker all eating up picks the past few years.

It was easy to see when Jerry went down our inside rush struggled, because after Babs we had no one at the DT position who could get after the passer. Both Thomas Johnson and Vance Walker are much better against the run than getting a rush.

And we have not used alot of picks on DT over the past years. Babs was drafted 5 years ago, we're not even the same team as we were 5 years ago!! Yes, we did draft Jerry last year, and I don't even know why you put walker in the discussion he was a 7th round pick. Teams throw 7th round picks away on special teamers or practice squaders.

So really we have only spent one decent pick on a dt in Dimitroff's regime.