Trade Down the First round

Karst41

I have been pouring over the first round prospects and unless somebody spectacular falls

to us at 19, I am thinking that we trade it down.

I also think that with this years draft that we not only trade down the 19th pick.

We trade it down and completely out of the first round.

There is a very deep list of players in rounds 2 - 5 that we could grab and will have addressed

any and nearly every position of need and depth.

We would have 11 picks total and 2 of those would be in the 2nd round.

This will also create an Insane competition in the OTA's and TC's.

We don't trade down because no one wants to trade up, because there is a very deep list of players in rounds 2 - 5 that they could grab.

We would need to be at the right spot, and need a player to fall that we don't need. Like Clausen. I'd love to do it, but the problem is there are way more teams trying to trade down as opposed to up.

Guest Gritz

I see your logic karst........ but the feeling I get from reading recent interviews with Dimitroff is that he sees that slot at #19 as being very valuable.....A spot where he will not only grab a starter, but a potential guy who could be an impact player for us in his rookie year....

I think it's more likely that we package some of our other picks together and/or make a trade that gets us back into that 2nd round.

we may be able to swap if a team comes to us but not likely at the 19th pick. we will have a first most teams won't trade their first rounder and unless you really want a guy most teams don't wanna trade up. in our situation there is a small posibility we may move down but i really doubt it. we need a LB , DE or CB and we will have every option with our 19th pick.

I have been pouring over the first round prospects and unless somebody spectacular falls

I also think that with this years draft that we not only trade down the 19th pick.

There is a very deep list of players in rounds 2 - 5 that we could grab and will have addressed

THIS WOULD BE A THING OF BEAUTY

(just thinking the exact same thing, wow)

We can only trade down if there is a played someone wants thats behind us that wants to trade up..

New England has 3 picks in the second. I'm confident that Dimitroff has explored that option with them. New England is a team that likes to trade down I know, however, I believe that they are at a point where they need some more 1st round talent. Dont be surprised if that does happen, a buddy of mine and I were talking about that just the other day.

I support this because this is the best draft class I have seen since they've been airing the combine. I'd love for us to accumulate more picks. Although it would be hard to pass on Weatherspoon if he is there.

Edited by Jp7833

I see your logic karst........ but the feeling I get from reading recent interviews with Dimitroff is that he sees that slot at #19 as being very valuable.....A spot where he will not only grab a starter, but a potential guy who could be an impact player for us in his rookie year....

I think it's more likely that we package some of our other picks together and/or make a trade that gets us back into that 2nd round.

See Curtis Lofton/Matt Ryan/Chris Owens on the day one starter he is looking for at 19, and I've been thinking all along that there is a serious potential for us to take our picks and put something together to get a 2nd rounder.