How Far Will Joe Haden Fall?

17 members have voted

1. 1. How Far Will Joe Haden Fall with his disappointing 40 time at the combine?

• Won't fall out of the top 10
    • Will be in the 11-15 range
    • Will be in the 16-18 range
    • Will fall to the falcons at #19

Florida’s Joe Haden ran a slow 40-yard dash Tuesday at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis, possibly costing him his spot as the top cornerback in the draft.

Haden entered the combine as a near-consensus top-10 pick and the early favorite to be drafted by the Browns at No. 7. During the much scrutinized 40-yard dash, he unofficially clocked 4.57 and 4.60 seconds.

He had predicted Sunday he’d run between 4.37 and 4.42, considered solid for a cornerback. His times Tuesday suggest he might have trouble keeping up with the NFL’s fastest receivers, although scouts love how he played in his three years at Florida.

“I’m disappointed in the 40,” Haden said on NFL.com. “I’ll make sure I go home and train a little harder.”

I think there is a chance he falls to us now. i also think we would take him there because a lot of GMs get caught up in the combine measurements but TD seems to trust game film over measurements more than most GMs. It doesn't matter if he had a bad 40, he is good on the field. Bring him home TD!

he will slip some but i dont think to the falcons. Some teams value athletisism over everything. like the raiders. these teams go no where. i still think the browns take him now that they have mike holmgren as the person making decisions. Haden has played against the SEC's best recievers for 3 years now. what he lacks in speed he makes up for in ball skills.

You got to be kidding, your screen name is JA98!?!?!? What were you / are you thinking? Did you get a tatoo the same night you came up with that screen name? Was that the same night you kissed a chick in a bar that looked real good but afterwards you noticed she had big hands and an Adams apple? Was that the same night you woke up in the morning in Vegas with a wedding ring on your finger next to some skank you have never met before?

There is one constant in all of these scenerios my friend and that is bad judgement. :lol:

It depends on how they time him at his pro-days as if the use hand timed stop-watch vs electronic timing there goes .2 there which will drop Hadens time to about a 4.3-4.4 range as he said.

It just puts into perspective how fast Jacoby Ford's 4.28 is really as he reckon's he still had another gear and was still accelerating.

Thing that worries me about Haden is that an OL(Bruce Campbell) is closer to Haden's speed than Haden is to an average WR. Not that I feel speed is the ultimate deciding factor, but it does mean SOMETHING. He doesn't have to run a 4.2 or something crazy like that, but @ least a 4.45-4.55. I'm not sure exactly how much 0.05 matters on the field, but a 4.57 and 4.6 are just UGLY

You got to be kidding, your screen name is JA98!?!?!?

He's had it for awhile, and it looks like it was made during a brief period where it finally clicked for JA98. Then he got a concussion. I remember giving a hard time to "hartwell can tackle". He explained it was an old SN.

he will slip some but i dont think to the falcons. Some teams value athletisism over everything. like the raiders. these teams go no where. i still think the browns take him now that they have mike holmgren as the person making decisions. Haden has played against the SEC's best recievers for 3 years now. what he lacks in speed he makes up for in ball skills.

Does that supposed to be something good? Because outside of AJ Green and Julio Jones the SEC receivers aren't anything special. Now if you would have said the Big 12 than you would have had a point.