Vick Wants Be A Panther

phattywankenobi

Vick link

Vick says he wants to play for the Panthers

Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2010 2:47 PM ET

Though Eagles quarterback Mike Vick has been trying his best to say all the right things regarding his destination for the 2010 season -- even if it means staying put in Philly -- Vick recently slipped off message during an interview with an Atlanta radio station.

Asked where he'd like to play, Vick made a choice.

"If I could play for any team in the league, it would probably be two teams, but if I had to pick one, it would probably be the Carolina Panthers," Vick said, via Charles Chandler of the Charlotte Observer.

(Vick never identifies the other team.)

The reasons? "Well, you know, it's close to home," Vick said. "I like the uniforms. You get to play against Atlanta twice a year. Ain't nothing better than playing against your former team, right? So, yeah, that would be a good look, it would be a good look."

Vick also applied a "C" to his performance with the Eagles in 2009, and that's still a letter grade or two higher than the performance generated by Panthers starter Jake Delhomme.

Earlier in the segment, Vick said it was hard "as the season went on" to take a back seat to Donovan McNabb.

"I think and know I can make certain things happen," Vick said. "There ain't nothin' like havin' your own team. . . . Because you dictate everything. So, yeah, it was hard."

As to the future, he says he's still waiting for find out his future in Philly, and that he still wants to be a starter.

Vick is due to receive a $1.5 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the 2010 league year, and there have been widespread reports that the Eagles will pay the money, apparently because they're not happy with the trade offers that have been received to date for Vick. But if they hope to get draft-pick compensation aimed at helping the team in 2010, the Eagles need to move him before April 22.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol and then there would be carolina number 7s all in the dome, even tho vick said he didnt even try for us, meaning, he didnt give a **** about us, lol.. we have some Lame *** fans.. if you can even call em fans... spectators in my eyes.. and bandwagon whores. (oooh lets cheer for the guy to score on our team, even tho a win over philly would have put us in the playoffs) .. Dumbasses.

lol and then there would be carolina number 7s all in the dome, even tho vick said he didnt even try for us, meaning, he didnt give a **** about us, lol.. we have some Lame *** fans.. if you can even call em fans... spectators in my eyes.. and bandwagon whores.

This.

I highly doubt Vick would goto play for Carolina. I am pretty sure the Panthers front office is very confident in Matt Moore's ability to lead that team. No doubt Mike would be a great fit in Carolina, however I just don't see it happening cuz Moore is the QB of the future for the Panthers.

lol and then there would be carolina number 7s all in the dome, even tho vick said he didnt even try for us, meaning, he didnt give a **** about us, lol.. we have some Lame *** fans.. if you can even call em fans... spectators in my eyes.. and bandwagon whores. (oooh lets cheer for the guy to score on our team, even tho a win over phgilly would have put us in the playoffs) .. Dumbasses.

yet some people still support him and worship him like a god or something. it's sickening.

but i find it funny how vick is always looking forward to play us like he wants to get back at us or something. like he has a chip on his shoulder because we cut him and moved on. it's his fault things turned out the way they did.

i agree with the fact that this probably wont happen, they believe in matt moore, and after his finish, why not, he and smith have nice chemistry, so smith will lobby for him.. and i disagree about vicks performance, dude can ball, and he would do some crazy things against us if the philly game is any indicator, he will be a ram, ive been saying it for the past 3 years, and im sticking to it.

yet some people still support him and worship him like a god or something. it's sickening.

but i find it funny how vick is always looking forward to play us like he wants to get back at us or something. like he has a chip on his shoulder because we cut him and moved on. it's his fault things turned out the way they did.

its like trying to teach a dog to bury his **** like a cat, they'll never learn.. lol no pun intended..

Easy wins like that Philly game right?

I'm not worried b/c I don't think Carolina would do this...but I don't want to see it happen at all! A good offensive line, arguably the best RB combo in the league, Pro Bowl WR, and a good defensive minded coach...not good. We were lucky they had Delhomme as the QB this year...hopefully they'll stick with him or pick up a QB in this weak draft class.

The city of Atlanta, most of it's fans, and the entire Falcons organization supported this guy through one stupid choice in life after another. So now he says, he looks forward to playing his old team Atlanta twice a year. :angry:

That's what a player says when he gets cut by a team and gets his feelings hurt. And you guys thought it was bad when Brooking was flapping around.

Honestly though, I wish the Panthers would pick him up and all the old excuses made for Vick were taken off the table. New team, full time starter, great WR, great backfield. I hope the Falcons smoke him and see what the apologists say then. B)

Russdog just cussed like 3 times in his post. all i said was fag

is this better f*g

To me personally...yea. I mean, I don't know why but the use of that word jumped out to me much more than someone saying f*&k him, etc.

I mean, so what if he wants to be a Panther. Like many have said, he's not a member of our team anymore...is he supposed to say "I'd like to play for someone not in the NFC South out of respect for the Falcons."?

I am thinking the same thing, and only because it is so obvious.

Vick could actually wind up getting what he is asking for, and to that I say.

Careful what you ask for Vick, while you are seeking revenge for being cut

it was you who screwed the Falcons with your lies.

So go play for the Panthers, your fans will be waiting for you in Atlanta, and

so will our Defense who will give you No Quarter and No Mercy.

PS to Mike Vick.

While you wish to play for our division Rival, did you forget that one of our

other division Rivals came up with a little scheme called the QB Spy.

Bring it baby, just bring it.