Oklahoma State CB Perrish Cox runs a 4.57 after clocking, unofficially, a 4.53.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.53 is very respectable, not enough to burst him up boards, but for sure not enough to scratch him from any list. This isn't a fast track, if anything it's a little on the slow side, that 40 keeps him right where he needs to be in that 2nd round / late 1st round mix. He wasn't really much of an option @ 19 in this year's draft.

Wasn't slow yesterday with RB, WR, DL & OL putting up great times!

Yes, in fact it was, how many WRs put sub 4.4s up even those who were supposed to have very good speed? You can't look at unofficials, you have to look at official times.

1 WR

2 RB

so we have 3 sub 4.4 40s this year. Give me a break if you think this is a fast track.

Dline put up mediocre times, and this is supposed to be the best draft in YEARS. So times should be better, #s should all be better, however they aren't. Sucks to be wrong for you.

Campbell put up a 4.85, and Williams with 4.88 for an OL, that's impressive, other than that, nothing insane out there, but that doesn't make him a football player either.

A lot of times right at 5.0 for dlinemen, a lot of guys who were expected to put up 4.5s and have recorded 4.5s put up times in the 4.7 range. This is a slow track.

When you have TE and LB running faster or as fast as you and your value is KR/PR sorry no for me!

His value is @ CB. We have KR/PR. We're not looking for a return guy.

Dude reads his scouting rpt.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/perrish-cox?id=494265

He is a returner who happens to play corner.

"Talented return man who scores touchdowns."

"Cox needs technique work as a secondary defender and likely will have his biggest impact on special teams in his rookie season."

4.53 is very respectable, not enough to burst him up boards, but for sure not enough to scratch him from any list. This isn't a fast track, if anything it's a little on the slow side, that 40 keeps him right where he needs to be in that 2nd round / late 1st round mix. He wasn't really much of an option @ 19 in this year's draft.

Exactly.... Chris Owens ran a 4.5 official time last year..... Indy has a slow track.... Thats why its impressive if a guy runs in the 4.3s or 4.2's'

Heck Jowe Haden ran a 4.57 and 4.60

But yea... Cox will run a 4.4 at his pro day and team workouts.... He is a 2nd round pick tho (1st round talent).

Dude reads his scouting rpt.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/perrish-cox?id=494265

He is a returner who happens to play corner.

"Talented return man who scores touchdowns."

"Cox needs technique work as a secondary defender and likely will have his biggest impact on special teams in his rookie season."

Dude have you watched college football.... He is a CB who happens to be able to return kicks..... The guy is a good CB

Dude have you watched college football.... He is a CB who happens to be able to return kicks..... The guy is a good CB

No one will ever confuse this guy with a shut down corner which is what you would want in the first round. H@ll he only has 10 int for his career!

Edited by Head Busta From Augusta

ints do not = shutdown. Shut down = not being even thrown at, just FYI. That's taking away an entire side of the field. Ints = corner who was being tested and is a playmaker, both are good things, but a shut down guy, like Aso, doesn't even get thrown at to get INTs.

Well using that logic he was throw to more in his senior than any other year does than mean he was not as respected? When your team was ranked 89 out of 120 team as pass def and you are the best DB what does that tell you!

ints do not = shutdown. Shut down = not being even thrown at, just FYI. That's taking away an entire side of the field. Ints = corner who was being tested and is a playmaker, both are good things, but a shut down guy, like Aso, doesn't even get thrown at to get INTs.

Reavis was a guy who also didn't have an awesome 40 time and he's arguably the best CB in the NFL now. I don't put much stock in 40 times I worry more about ball skills than anything else. Also we have a guy now in Houston who ran a 4.3 and has horrible ball skills.

Exactly.... Chris Owens ran a 4.5 official time last year..... Indy has a slow track.... Thats why its impressive if a guy runs in the 4.3s or 4.2's'

Heck Jowe Haden ran a 4.57 and 4.60

But yea... Cox will run a 4.4 at his pro day and team workouts.... He is a 2nd round pick tho (1st round talent).

Owens ran a 4.4 at combine accuracy is creditability and was suppose to be a nb not a 1st/2nd round pick!

No one will ever confuse this guy with a shut down corner which is what you would want in the first round. H@ll he only has 10 int for his career!

LMAO... Dude he has shut down some of the best WR's in the nation.... And if you know college football.. 10 ints is allot....

He is not a 1st round pick because he can be a bit inconsistent against lesser talent... The guy is a big physical CB with ball hawking skills.

Chris Owens left college with 11 or 12 ints and he was considered a ball hawk.

Um.......no have you noticed that most kids time are lower at their pro days than at the combine?!?! Anyway like I said and i'll say it again I could care less about 40 times ball skills are more important too me and most kids 40 times don't translate to the field anyway.

Correct but name me one corner in the last 6-7 yrs ran a 4.5 and is consider a decent corner?

Correct but name me one corner in the last 6-7 yrs ran a 4.5 and is consider a decent corner?

I'm quit sure there are plenty but like I said that doesn't matter. How many of those guys that run sub 4.5 actually run 40 yds in a straight line. That may happen 4-5 times a game even those guys get beat when the QB has time to throw the ball. Again ball skills, ball skills, ball skills.

Chris McAlister ran a 4.53 and he was a pretty solid CB. How many CBs have run under a 4.4 and been a bust?

The 40 is the most overrated combine statistic! Who cares how fast a guy runs in shorts?

That kid from Kansas City, he played for Va tech, forget his name, had a really good shot at defensive rookie of the year 2 years ago. He's a good corner and ran somewhere in the 4.6 range.

Brandon Flowers is the guy you are talking about.

Like Mike Mayock said... When he watched Perrish Cox on tape... He saw 4.4 speed

Perrish Cox has 1st round talent but he will end up being a 2nd round pick.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/draft/players/5496.html

owned and if you want more i can throw more at you. you guys are really placing too much emphasis on the 40 times.

Not that I'm really trying to keep this going but young man what you are looking at is a scouting report nothing more than projection he was actually clocked at 4.48 nice try but got back and do your research before posting thanks!

Defensive back Nnamdi Asomugha of Cal ran a 4.48 in the 40-yard dash at the combine in February, then improved his time with a 4.38 at the university. Once considered to be a fifth- or sixth-round selection, Asomugha could now leap into the second or third round.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/23/sports/pro-football-nfl-draft-image-is-no.1-pick.html?pagewanted=1