If We Handle DE in Free Agency...

Radiohead

I've been saying since before Week 15 that we need C.J. Spiller.

I'm no Clemson homer at all. I just can see this kid's incredible talent. He is a game-changing player that can do it every single way you ask him to. He seems like a mixture of Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson (obviously not as good as either of them yet...), but the skill-set is there.

He catches out of the backfield with ease, runs through and around tackles consistently, and is a monster in certain situations at PR/KR.

He's got massive upside, with little (if any downsides) -- maybe injurious? -- great character and leadership. Everything Dimitroff looks for in players.

Releasing Norwood has been a long time coming. He's been one of my favorites for a while (especially in 2007), but lets be honest. He doesn't fit what Mike Smith and Mularkey want to do in terms of power-running and his injury-prone nature is becoming problematic.

I think a 1-2 combo of Turner and Spiller with Snelling as a FB-type runner.

-- You could also use Spiller in the slot, as an HB and many other uses.

The truth is, it's a bit of a "fantasy-football" type pick, but I'm not ready to watch the same inconsistent running-attack that we had in 2009 again in 2010.

Matt Ryan is the perfect compliment to an elite running game. You put him in good situations by utilizing the running-game, he will put points on the board, no questions asked and lead them to a victory.

I know a lot of you will flame me because I want Spiller, but remember how inconsistent the running-game was. Turner wasn't hurt for a lot of the games he couldn't run past the line of scrimmage... I love Turner, but I'm ready for him to have a speedster compliment that we can count on Week to Week.

-- Spiller makes a lot of sense if we can find a DE in Free Agency, in my opinion.

GO FALCONS

Again I have to say our running game is in good hands.Please tell me why we need Spiller or McCluster I don't get it we have a 1500 yard rusher in Turner ready to go Norwood when fully healthy gives us the speed and Snelling as he proved last year is a capable no.3 so why do we have to waste a draft pick on either of these to when we need to address CB DE WR and O-line before we even look at a RB..OMG please people.

Thank god you arent in our draft room then. RB is not a 1st round pick for us. Puff puff pass. You're holding onto that shiiiiit for way too long. Import a draft class in Madden. Thats the only way you are going to see Spiller in a Falcons uni.

No way. I'd hate taking a change of pace back in the first round. We can do much better value-wise. Too many good backs in later rounds every year. Our offense would look better by improving the line, or maybe working on a defense that can give us better field position.

Why not trade 8 picks and move up to #1 and get Bradford?

:rolleyes:

I did want to do a similar trade for Calvin Johnson.

But NO! It was too much for the board! Too many picks! Rabble!

And those picks (JA98, Houston, Robinson, and maybe Milner) were too great a price!

Sorry, I don't know where that came from.

Oh, we could probably trade up for a reasonable amount to pay an unreasonable amount for Suh. Just sayin.

Being a “the battle's won in the trenches”' guy, I find the state of our trenches sub championship caliber.

We’ve got to improve both sides before we can become a serious contender, much less a mini-dynasty.

We can’t waste a franchise QB, either the Archie Manning way nor the Dan Fouts way

I like the way you think (for whatever that might be worth to ya! LOL)

i would take a OT(Williams), DT (Odrick), OLB(Weatherspoon), OG (Iupati), CB (Wilson, McCourtey), WR (Bryant, Benn, Tate) before i took a RB in round one. That's just me though.

There is so much depth @ RB in drafts, that if it isnt a need, you dont take one w the round one pick.

seeing Chris Johnson makes Spiller intriguing but Norwood has shown too many flashes to not keep him around at a low cost tender.

I've been saying since before Week 15 that we need C.J. Spiller.

I'm no Clemson homer at all. I just can see this kid's incredible talent. He is a game-changing player that can do it every single way you ask him to. He seems like a mixture of Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson (obviously not as good as either of them yet...), but the skill-set is there.

He catches out of the backfield with ease, runs through and around tackles consistently, and is a monster in certain situations at PR/KR.

He's got massive upside, with little (if any downsides) -- maybe injurious? -- great character and leadership. Everything Dimitroff looks for in players.

Releasing Norwood has been a long time coming. He's been one of my favorites for a while (especially in 2007), but lets be honest. He doesn't fit what Mike Smith and Mularkey want to do in terms of power-running and his injury-prone nature is becoming problematic.

I think a 1-2 combo of Turner and Spiller with Snelling as a FB-type runner.

-- You could also use Spiller in the slot, as an HB and many other uses.

The truth is, it's a bit of a "fantasy-football" type pick, but I'm not ready to watch the same inconsistent running-attack that we had in 2009 again in 2010.

Matt Ryan is the perfect compliment to an elite running game. You put him in good situations by utilizing the running-game, he will put points on the board, no questions asked and lead them to a victory.

I know a lot of you will flame me because I want Spiller, but remember how inconsistent the running-game was. Turner wasn't hurt for a lot of the games he couldn't run past the line of scrimmage... I love Turner, but I'm ready for him to have a speedster compliment that we can count on Week to Week.

-- Spiller makes a lot of sense if we can find a DE in Free Agency, in my opinion.

GO FALCONS

What you want and what you get are 2 different things. I want a million dollars doesn't mean I'm going to get it.