I Wouldn't have admitted that if I were you

FalconPio

Lets pass some time. Its the offseason. Just say something about your relationship with the falcons via player, coach, ect.. That someone might think is funny, wierd or totally insane.

Me first:

1. I use to be very defensive about D. Hall and i took up for him when ppl said he sucked

2. I still have a K. Brooking bobble head lol

Yall turn!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, I still have the Vick bobble-head (along with the Brooking). I’m just hoping that everyone else smashed theirs in disgust so I’ll now have a true collector’s item.

This illustrates one reason why when I decided to buy an authentic Falcons jersey I got it customized. Sadly, today’s heroes can become tomorrow’s villains.

At varoius points on this board I fought like **** defending Vick (He's innocent it was his family), Hall( He'll turn the corner and become elite) and Petrino (Give him time he's just now installing his offense).

But on the plus side I can proudly say I was one of the Ryan over Dorsey proponets. :D

Edited by atl falcon 89

I also used to be very defensive of D.Hall and thought he was just passionate, I was wrong, he cries like a hungry, angry baby.

I was initially disappointed by the hires of TD and Mike Smith, based solely on name value though.

I bought a Keith Brooking authentic when it was on sale after he left...I've worn it once and doubt I will again. Luckily, it was 20 bucks.

And lastly, that's me in the video in the sig. Yikes.

Thought what Petrino was doing coming to the Falcons was good.

Defended Ookie like h3ll up until he was convicted.

Called Hall a top 10 CB.

Kicked my table when we drafted Ryan. Never argued for or against Dorsey, but I was personally for the Brohm/Dorsey combo. I jumped on board though the second I came to the board and saw the garbage that was being thrown around because of it.

Said Jamaal Anderson was best DE drafted in 07.

Called Hall a top 10 CB.

Kicked my table when we drafted Ryan. Never argued for or against Dorsey, but I was personally for the Brohm/Dorsey combo. I jumped on board though the second I came to the board and saw the garbage that was being thrown around because of it.

I think a few people, analysts included, thought Anderson was going to be very very good. I was watching Match-Up that preseason and they were comparing he and Gaines Adams (RIP) and said that Jamaal was the better all-around football player. Neither did much statistically, but Gaines Adams was a superior pass-rusher before he passed.

Called Hall a top 10 CB.

I went so far as to call 790 The Zone during training camp to praise the selection of Petrino and the coordinators he chose. :unsure:

Now looking back I think I was simply relieved the team was going to have some disipline as opposed to the complete lack of it during the Mora years.

I wanted TD to take Ryan when they did but:

When I heard Chris Berman say: "Let's see if the Falcons are ready to turn over a new LEAF," I got chills and was scared that it was a sign of things to come. It was the very last thing any ESPN analyst said before Roger Goodell announced the pick. Then I put together the fact that his last name was Ryan and RYAN Leaf was a huge bust.

And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thought they looked the same:

2346206448_9eb2b539f5.jpg

Good thing Matt Ryan wasn't another Ryan Leaf. Phew, safe from pessimism.

I wanted TD to take Ryan when they did but:

When I heard Chris Berman say: "Let's see if the Falcons are ready to turn over a new LEAF," I got chills and was scared that it was a sign of things to come. It was the very last thing any ESPN analyst said before Roger Goodell announced the pick. Then I put together the fact that his last name was Ryan and RYAN Leaf was a huge bust.

And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thought they looked the same:

2346206448_9eb2b539f5.jpg

Good thing Matt Ryan wasn't another Ryan Leaf. Phew, safe from pessimism.

i think 2007 messed us all up in the head :lol:

I was upset for a week or two when we picked matt ryan because i thought we would be fine with chris redman.. then i read the article about the tests they put ryan through and why they picked him. then i changed my mind. I remember after a bc game when an announcer said "ya know, matt. the falcons are definitely in need of a quarterback this year." and he responded.. "no thanks." that was another reason i didn't want him. but money talks, he's here, and he will win us multiple super bowls. i have two ryan jerseys after all my original hate as well

i think 2007 messed us all up in the head :lol:

I think it did too, lol. But in a way, it was a blessing in disguise. Were at the lowest of the low, and we started building again from the ground up. If we had a decent year, who knows what would have happended and who would be here. Would Quitrino still be here? Would Mike Turner be a Falcon?

We went out and got quality coaches and players. And not to mention I think our MOST IMPORTANT pickup in TD.