Why trading for Greg Olsen is not a bad idea.

1. Tonys getting old

2. He can play WR

3. Hes cheap

1. I think ittl be tonys last year. If so, Greg can play the #2 TE and defenders have to pay attentition to him because greg can get open, they cant jusst stack up everytime cause greg can easily beat a safety one on one. And after this year, Greg can replace Tony so we will have a good experienced TE that is familiar with this offense.

3. Greg can not only run routes, he has solid hands. Hes not as fast as roddy and douglas but no one else is on our roster. We need WR anyways and this can kind of kill two birds with one stone. And olsen is as good a blocker as any of our receiver so he'll help the run game. Wouldnt mind Roddy, douglas outside, greg in slot, and tony at TE. THat can be a good run or pass lineup in shotgun.

3. hes making like half a mil each year. but then after 2011 we'll have to pay him if we want to resign him which shouldnt be too big of a fuss if he helps us win a superbowl.

Obviously only problem is what we would have to give up for him... If we can get some help in defense via free agency and with our 1st round draft pick, i owuldnt mind giving up a 3rd round pick for him since we might get a 3rd round compensatory pick for foxy.

I don't think Chicago will allow him to go. I know Martz doesn't use pass catching TE's, and it is a bad system for Olsen. However, Martz got the job because no one else would take it. Chicago has to improve drastically for Lovie to keep his job. Odds are there will be a new staff, and a new OC next year. A new OC who will probably use Olsen. I doubt they let such a good player go because a one year offensive coordinator can't utilize him.

1. Tonys getting old

2. He can play WR

3. Hes cheap

1. I think ittl be tonys last year. If so, Greg can play the #2 TE and defenders have to pay attentition to him because greg can get open, they cant jusst stack up everytime cause greg can easily beat a safety one on one. And after this year, Greg can replace Tony so we will have a good experienced TE that is familiar with this offense.

3. Greg can not only run routes, he has solid hands. Hes not as fast as roddy and douglas but no one else is on our roster. We need WR anyways and this can kind of kill two birds with one stone. And olsen is as good a blocker as any of our receiver so he'll help the run game. Wouldnt mind Roddy, douglas outside, greg in slot, and tony at TE. THat can be a good run or pass lineup in shotgun.

3. hes making like half a mil each year. but then after 2011 we'll have to pay him if we want to resign him which shouldnt be too big of a fuss if he helps us win a superbowl.

Obviously only problem is what we would have to give up for him... If we can get some help in defense via free agency and with our 1st round draft pick, i owuldnt mind giving up a 3rd round pick for him since we might get a 3rd round compensatory pick for foxy.

His blocking is a reason why he wouldn't fit here. He is not a WR by any stretch of the imagination.

Why would the Bears get rid of Cutler's favorite target?

i think he can play the slot, if they line him up against a linebacker he has the advantage thru pass

if hes lined up against a DB, he has the advantage against blocking

and ive seen him line up outside several times last year, mainly for matchup purposes. hes got pretty good hands

plsu theres no way theyre going to double him in coverage. tony and roddy are out there with him

i understand ur worry about his blocking when tonys gone, but we can replace the #2 te with a good blocker and call it a day and im sure his blocking will get better thru training

i think he can play the slot, if they line him up against a linebacker he has the advantage thru pass

if hes lined up against a DB, he has the advantage against blocking

and ive seen him line up outside several times last year, mainly for matchup purposes. hes got pretty good hands

Two words.

HARRY DOUGLAS!

i was thining harry would play the #2 outside

wes welker make a good transition from slot to the #2 plus harrys got more athleticism, so he can be like wes AND steve smith(giants)

HD is an IDEAL slot WR.

Like it or not Jenkins is our #2 on the outside.

I believe with HD back next year Jenk's will have a nice rebound 2010 season.

HD is an IDEAL slot WR.

Like it or not Jenkins is our #2 on the outside.

I believe with HD back next year Jenk's will have a nice rebound 2010 season.

well wes welker, steve smith (giants), and donald driver are all IDEAL slot WR, but they play very well as the number 2 WR

i see no reason for jenkins to be our #2 if we can get someone else to play slot

honestly thinkg about it, what does jenkins have that douglas doesnt

size = which he almost never uses to his advantage in passing game, but he uses it decently in rushing game for blocking

and the list ends there

as the number 2, douglas can give falcons more options

-quick passes that jenkins either cant catch, cant get open for, or cant do anything afte rthe run

-run better routes

-neither are great for deep balls so moot point

-neither has great hands, altho id give douglas the advantage just because he can get open to catch less balls in traffic

honestly thinkg about it, what does jenkins have that douglas doesnt

size = which he almost never uses to his advantage in passing game, but he uses it decently in rushing game for blocking

and the list ends there

as the number 2, douglas can give falcons more options

-quick passes that jenkins either cant catch, cant get open for, or cant do anything afte rthe run

-run better routes

-neither are great for deep balls so moot point

-neither has great hands, altho id give douglas the advantage just because he can get open to catch less balls in traffic

Jenkins had one of his best (if not THE best) seasons when Douglas was playing the slot.

I see no reason for this to be any different when HD is back for 2010.

I love posts like this, because it is obvious that people are not paying attention to what is being said. WE ARE BUILDING THROUGH THE DRAFT...is what has been preached from the mountaintops, since TD/Smitty have been here. We will make a trade every now and then to get supplementals, but we are building through the draft. There is no way TD would trade more draft picks or players that he feels confident in, to get a TE, that is not one of his guys originally, and not possibly the GOAT at his position.

Sorry, try again.