Bucs trade Joshy-Poo for 1st pick?!

After weeks of speculation, it was announced Sunday that the St Louis Rams will trade the top pick in the 2010 NFL Draft to the Tampa Buccaneers. St. Louis will receive quarterback Josh Freeman from the Buccaneers, along with the third pick in the 2010 NFL Draft and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers second and third round selections in the 2011 NFL Draft.

The Rams made it obvious that this off season they were in search of a franchise quarterback, and have somehow settled on the second year man from Kansas State. Josh Freeman showed promise his rookie year, but was still considered by many to be nothing more than an above average NFL quarterback.

Read more in Football

The consensus at this point seems to be that the St. Louis Rams didn’t see a ‘must have’ player in the 2010 NFL Draft; expected to choose a Defensive lineman, the St. Louis Rams should be able to address that need just as easily with the third pick as the first.

LINK: http://sportales.com/football/rams-trade-top-pick-in-nfl-draft/

For the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, this is a move that may end up leaving fans perplexed. There are no guarantees in the NFL Draft, even with the top pick, but number one normally gives you a shot at landing the best player. The cost may, however, been a bit steep for the Buccaneers. Time, as usual, will tell.

I dunno how accurate this is but, interesting to say the less.

After weeks of speculation, it was announced Sunday that the St Louis Rams will trade the top pick in the 2010 NFL Draft to the Tampa Buccaneers. St. Louis will receive quarterback Josh Freeman from the Buccaneers, along with the third pick in the 2010 NFL Draft and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers second and third round selections in the 2011 NFL Draft.

The Rams made it obvious that this off season they were in search of a franchise quarterback, and have somehow settled on the second year man from Kansas State. Josh Freeman showed promise his rookie year, but was still considered by many to be nothing more than an above average NFL quarterback.

Read more in Football

The consensus at this point seems to be that the St. Louis Rams didnt see a must have player in the 2010 NFL Draft; expected to choose a Defensive lineman, the St. Louis Rams should be able to address that need just as easily with the third pick as the first.

LINK: http://sportales.com/football/rams-trade-top-pick-in-nfl-draft/

For the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, this is a move that may end up leaving fans perplexed. There are no guarantees in the NFL Draft, even with the top pick, but number one normally gives you a shot at landing the best player. The cost may, however, been a bit steep for the Buccaneers. Time, as usual, will tell.

I dunno how accurate this is but, interesting to say the less.

there is NO WAY this is true......I think your confused.

The rumor a week ago was that Bucs would trade their back-up QB (Josh Johnson) to the Rams along with a 3rd rounder. Not Josh Freeman.

Josh Freeman has shown great promise for the Bucs and he is prototype QB who can throw and run.......no, don't think your source is credible or your source is confused or something.....

Besides, think about it logically. If Bucs want one of the two big DTs - well, Rams are probably taking a QB and then that means that Bucs would get one of the DTs anyway.

Nobody trades a promising, potentially franchise QB for the rights to draft a........Defensive Tackle? :wacko:

Edited by g-dawg

Let me get this straight...The Rams move down 2 Spots and Still have a Top 3 Pick AND get a Young QB with nice potential AND get a 2nd round AND 3rd Round Pick.

And all the Bucs get is the ability to draft a ... Defensive Tackle?

So The trade could look something like this...

Bucs Get: Ndamakong Suh

Rams Get: Josh Freeman + Eric Berry + 2nd Round Pick + 3rd Round Pick

If this were to ever happen, I would laugh in the face of every Bucs fan I see as the Rams would be robbing them blind. And who exactly would be the Bucs QB? Please don't tell me that bum Josh Johnson.

I don't care how good Suh may be, This trade is a Robbery for the Rams.

Edited by Birdz 0f Prey

i thought it was supposed to be Josh Johnson, not Freeman. If it is Freeman, the Bucs are ********.

Johnson makes a lot more sense, although as of the time of this post, he's still listed on the Bucs roster.

If this is Johnson instead of Freeman, chalk up one more unemployed sports writer. Why?

Cause you just can't fix stoopid!!