SLR Camera

I am looking to get a SLR camera, my first choice is Nikon just because I've always liked them the best on the regular point and shoot cameras. Here is the listing i am thinking about:

Ebay

US $1,259.49

0001820825446_150X150.jpg

41rteGn%2Bf9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

11W4G09TFXL._SL500_AA99_.jpg

Nikon D90 Camera Body Specifications:

Camera Style: Digital SLR

Features

Resolution: 12.3 Megapixel

Light Sensitivity: ISO 100-6400

Shooting Modes: Frame movie mode

Special Effects: Neutral, Vivid, Custom Effect, Monochrome, Landscape, Portrait

Max Shutter Speed: 1/4000 sec

Min Shutter Speed: 30 sec

Exposure Metering: Center-weighted, spot, 3D color matrix II

Exposure Modes: Program, bulb, automatic, manual, aperture-priority, shutter-priority, i-TTL program flash

White Balance: Custom, automatic, presets

White Balance Presets: Incandescent, fluorescent, sunlight, flash, shade

Still Image Format: JPEG, RAW + JPEG, NEF (RAW)

Video Capture: AVI - 1280 x 720 - 24 fps ¦ AVI - 640 x 424 - 24 fps ¦ AVI - 320 x 216 - 24 fps

Continuous Shooting Speed: 4.5 frames per second

Lens System

Lens System Mounting: Nikon F

Display

Type: LCD display - TFT active matrix - 3" - color

Memory / Storage

Supported Flash Memory: SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card

Camera Flash

Flash Modes: Rear curtain sync, slow synchro, red-eye reduction

Features: AF illuminator

Viewfinder

Magnification: 0.94x

Viewfinder Frames: Autofocus frame

Additional Features

Self Timer Delay: 10 sec, 2 sec, 5 sec, 20 sec

Additional Features: Direct print, USB 2.0 compatibility, digital noise reduction, DPOF support, display brightness control, depth-of-field preview button, digital image rotation, camera orientation detection, PictBridge support, histogram display, cropping an image, LCD live view mode, face-priority AF function, highlight point display, face detection, in-camera RAW processing

Battery

Supported Battery Details: 1 x Nikon EN-EL3e Li-ion rechargeable battery ( included )

Connections

Connector Type: 1 x USB ¦ 1 x composite video output ¦ 1 x HDMI

Miscellaneous

Cables Included: Video cable ¦ USB cable

Included Accessories: Eyepiece cover, body cap, neck strap, LCD display cover, eyecup

Software

Software: Drivers & Utilities

Dimensions

Width: 5.2 in

Height: 4.1 in

Depth: 3 in

Weight: 1.4 lbs

Body Material: Plastic, aluminum alloy

What's in the Box

Included:

* Nikon D90 Body

* EN-EL3e Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery

* MH-18a Quick Charger

* UC-E4 USB Cable

* EG-D2 Audio/Video Cable

* AN-DC1 Neck Strap

* BM-10 LCD Monitor Cover

* BF-1A Body Cap

* DK-5 Eyepiece Cap

* DK-21 Rubber Eyecup

* BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cap

* Nikon Software Suite CD-ROM

* User Guides

Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Autofocus Lens

Description

The Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX lens is an ultra compact, lightweight standard zoom lens that has a 3x focal zoom range and is ideally suited to compact Nikon digital SLR cameras with the DX size sensor.

This lens offers the most basic zoom range in the DX lens series, an equivalent focal length in 35mm terms of 27-82.5mm. It will conveniently cover everything from tight indoor portraits to standard snap shots.

Product Features

Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 50mm 1.8-22

Minimum Focus Distance 1.5'

Diagonal Angle of View 46°

Filter Size 52mm

Groups/Elements 5/6

Filter Size 52mm

Weight 0.34 lb

Nikon Zoom Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G Autofocus Lens

Description

For anyone seeking a high quality telephoto zoom lens for portraits and action photography at a very affordable price, this new Nikkor extends great performance and excellent value. This very compact telephoto zoom lens is fully compatible with the Nikon N65 as well as Nikon's Professional D-series Digital SLR, 35mm Professional F5, F100, N80, N75 and Advanced Photo System Pronea cameras. Compact and lightweight, with a comfortable, well-balanced feel, the 4.3x zoom lens is ideal for candid shots, portraits, travel and sports photography.

Product Features

Filter Size 62mm

f/Stop Range 4-32

Minimum Focus Distance 4.9' (1.5 m)

Magnification 1:4

Zoom/Focus Control Two touch

Angle of View 34 to 8° (35mm format)

Groups/Elements 9/13

Length 4.6"

Maximum Diameter 2.9" "

Weight 1.03 lb lb

Nikon Normal AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Autofocus Lens

Description

A supremely lightweight lens that offers the more economical f/1.8 aperture(compared to the 50mm f/1.4 D), yet still retains the great advantages of the D distance technology. Ideal for scenery or full-length portraits. Weighs just 0.34 lb, making it great for travel while still offering excellent low light gathering properties. Stops down to f/22 for wonderful control of depth of field. Accepts 52mm filters and the HR-2 lens hood.

Product Features

Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 50mm 1.8-22

Minimum Focus Distance 1.5'

Diagonal Angle of View 46°

Filter Size 52mm

Groups/Elements 5/6

Filter Size 52mm

Weight 0.34 lb

Wide Angle Lens

Description

Ever take a picture and couldn't fit the whole family in the picture. Well not any more. With this .45x Wide angle Lens, you'd be able to get everything in the picture and more. Great for Real Estate and for anybody trying to do proffesional work.

High Grade Telephoto Converter Lens

Description

High Grade Telephoto Converter Lens brings distant subjects closer. Telephoto extends the focal length of camcorder or digital camera lenses times, bringing things twice as close, throughout the zoom range. This moderate converter allows you to double the optical range of your camera, and keeps you out of the digital telephoto range where pictures begin to lose resolution and pixelate.

3 Filter Kit

Description

3pc. Multi Coated Pro Filter Kit with 15 year guarantee. 3 piece Filter Kit Includes: UV-Reduces blue haze caused by UV light by absorbing 71% of UV. Polarizer-eliminates glares from sunlight and deepens picture color. Flourescent-Provide pleasing skintones and corrects color under fluorescent lighting.

16GB SD Memory Card

Description

16GB Secure Digital High Capacity Cards .

Product Features

shooting in the most extreme conditions. Optimized for use in professional grade SLR digital cameras, and is designed to be fast and durable for extensive shooting in the most extreme conditions.

Multi-Card Reader For USB Port

Description

The Multi-Card Reader is a high speed USB 2.0 device and is capable of transfer rates as high as 480 Megabits per second. When used with older systems it's backwards compatible with the USB 1.1 standards but the transfer rate drops to a maximum of 10-12 Megabits per second. This card reader / writer is great for anybody with a MP3 player, PDA, mobile phone and digital cameras or camcorders. Anybody that transfers or stores data on flash memory cards or Microdrives will love it. It's true Plug and Play with USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) compliance when used with Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Mac OS X systems.

Digital SLR Slave Flash

Description

The device is workable for both direct hot shoe photography (when switches to Normal mode) and remote flash photography (when switches to Slave On mode. The device features 4 slave modes that allow it to work with cameras that fire their built-in flash instantaneously or that have single or multiple flash red-eye reduction systems. Please check your camera´s owner manual to determine which flash system your camera has. The flash comes complete with a bracket. It has a hot shoe so that it can be fired from the camera too. It is fully synchronized with fill-in flash and red-eye reduction flash and can be used with virtually all of the digital cameras on the market. It works as a slave. It can be set for a single flash camera or a pre-flash camera.

Deluxe Soft padded Shockproof Backpack for Professional Digital Camera

Description

* Shock-Proof Material

* Classic Fashion Design

* Waterproof

* Dividers for a Custom Fit

* Shoulder Strap

* Size:8 3/4"X 4 1/2"X 6 1/2"

Hard, Shockproof Case

Description

Customize the interior with included diced foam inserts black and metallic gray finish Comes complete with key locks Adjustable and removable shoulder strap Streamlined rounded corners Aluminum construction Scratch resistant poly-coated surfaces 13" x 10 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Deluxe Photo / Video Fluid Head Tripod

Description

* 3-way fluid pan head with quick shoe

* Bubble level

* Self-leveling rubber feet with spikes

* Radial leg brace with knob

* Patented central leg lock

* 3 section

Table Top Tripod

Description

* Legs are flexible and easy for positioning

* Perfect for travel

3x Cap Keeper

Description

Prevents from losing your lens caps!

Camera and Lens Cleaning Kit

Description

* Cleaning Fluid

* Cotton Swabs

* Cleaning Cloth

Screen Protectors

Description

Protect your screen from scratches and eliminate glare with this screen protector. Replace sheets in mere seconds thanks to the textured screen surface that adheres instantly to your screen.

not a bad deal. the camera and lenses alone would probably cost you that, but the rest appears to be your basic after market accessories.

the SD card is a plus....especially at 16GB.

the 3 filter kit could be nice depending on the brand of the filters, but i'd guess that they're most likely a lower quality brand, but they still act as a great lens protector so that the lens itself doesn't get scratched up. also, you may want to check, but the filters will probably only fit the 18-55. i would highly recommend investing into a pouch to carry the filters in....especially one that will hold 6-8 so that you have room to add to it.

not a fan of either of the tripods. i just purchased a new tripod with a ball head that is 100 times easier to use than the standard pan head on the one included. in the time it took me to take 5 different pictures with a tripod like what's included, i can now take about 20 thanks to the ball head.

don't really understand the hard case. it would probably hold the lenses (tight fit most likely), but i don't think it would hold the body very well. i'm assuming for it to hold the lenses or body, you'd have to cut the foam to fit.

not a fan of the soft case either.....or at least not to carry everything. it looks like it has just enough room to cram most of the equipment in, but as soon as you buy another accessory, you'll find yourself picking and choosing what you want to carry or buying a larger bag. if you get a new bag, look for one that has a place to carry a tripod so that you don't find yourself carrying that as well. i've found that the more functionality, the better.

oh and i'm a canon person. :P

If you really need all those lenses, it's a good buy. I got the same body with an 18-55 VR and a 55-200 VR lens for $700.00, and that included a bag and a ton of accessories. I would shop around a bit if you don't absolutely need all of the lenses.

Frankly, for my use and for the same money, I'd get a better camera and fewer lenses and accessories.

see my sig burl....all the pics you need. ^_^

indeed. and very good ones at that.

BTW, my site is down until I get some higher quality pics of my stuff. they were having difficulty getting high quality images with larger sizes and since first impressions are important, I want the buyer to not have to go through any hassle. In case you have visited and wonder whats up.

I won't link it here because of the mess that's gone on here. But as soon as I have the pics right I'll be back.