Let's NOT cut Jamaal Anderson!

I think that is Anderson's only saving grace for taking up space on this team being that he wasn't drafted in the 4th or 5th round. Because he was lucky enough to be taken in the first and is getting paid first round money, the front office has to try and get something from the guy just to save face for making a bad decision drafting his worthless behind. Believe me, if he was drafted in the 4th or 5th round, he would have been cut a long time ago.

JA98 needs to go. We need players that contribute, not overpaid field bodies.

Couldn't agree more.

If I were Jamaal I would make it a point to endlessly thank Rich McKay for helping make him a rich man for practically nothing in return.

Hope he saved wisely because the league minimum is all he's gonna get come contract time.

Just one of the many bad decisions by McKay, Get rid of JA98

Do we also aget rid of the rest of the McKay Bad decisions

Babineaux

Abraham

Norwood

Snelling

Dahl

Clabo

Blalock

White

Jenkins

Mughelli

Davis

Grimes

Houston

Redman

Shockley

McClure ??? he may heve been here before McKay

Ojinnaka

Finneran ??? he may have been here before McKay

Weems

Koenen

Schneck

Babineaux

Abraham

Norwood

Snelling

Dahl

Clabo

Blalock

White

Jenkins

Mughelli

Davis

Grimes

Houston

Redman

Shockley

McClure ??? he may heve been here before McKay

Ojinnaka

Finneran ??? he may have been here before McKay

Weems

Koenen

Schneck

LMAO, you just made my point! There is maybe 2-3 players that a nfl fan(not falcon fan) has heard of on that list.

LMAO, you just made my point! There is maybe 2-3 players that a nfl fan(not falcon fan) has heard of on that list.

But I'm sure they all know

Lucas

Sidbury

Walker

Klecko

Gilbert

James

Adkins

Wire

Fudge

Peprah

Brock

Swinton

Svitek

Valdez

Romberg

Schlecter

Strickland

Antone Smith

Bruggeman

T. Johnson

ETC

Edited by delaigle

Might as well let him fight for a depth spot. People forget he just turned 24 in Feb, so he still has room to mature.

Really, at this point I don't care either way. I trust TD and Smitty. He wasn't their draft pick, so they aren't invested either way. I trust them to make an objective decision.

Couldn't agree more.

If I were Jamaal I would make it a point to endlessly thank Rich McKay for helping make him a rich man for practically nothing in return.

Hope he saved wisely because the league minimum is all he's gonna get come contract time.

Actually, McKay did JA no favors. If you remember, Anderson was a very highly regarded DE in that draft. If a 3-4 team had drafted him, he would be setting himself up for a nice contract extension.

Actually, McKay did JA no favors. If you remember, Anderson was a very highly regarded DE in that draft. If a 3-4 team had drafted him, he would be setting himself up for a nice contract extension.

You are most certainly welcome to have an opinion but would you care to back that statement up with any info of substance?

Might as well let him fight for a depth spot. People forget he just turned 24 in Feb, so he still has room to mature.

Really, at this point I don't care either way. I trust TD and Smitty. He wasn't their draft pick, so they aren't invested either way. I trust them to make an objective decision.

we say this every year, i dont think anyone has forgotton

hes only 21, 22, 23, 24. i mean really tho what is the cutoff age?

I think you gotta go by NFL experience, hes played and started over 40 games for us, and so far has had from what i remember 2 good games and many many many poor ones.

i dont think this is a big issue in anyway, but i would rather see him go

There will be plenty of free agents out there that are more than capable of replacing Anderson's production. Anderson's ability is the same as any guy you'd sign for bench depth. If he had been drafted in the 5th round, he'd probably be on a practice squad somewhere. The guy is miserable at what he does.

I understand where you are coming from OP, but the fact of the matter is that he is wasting a roster spot for a potential better DE. I don't know how many DE's we will actually keep, but i know that if we are to cut/release one then Anderson is going to be the odd man out.

I would rather have a 3rd or 4th rd DE on our roster and cut Anderson than to just keep him there. You know when teams try to move you to a different position that something is wrong.

Babineaux

Abraham

Dahl - Was on practice squad

Clabo - Was back-up behind GANDY

Blalock - Not good

White

Jenkins - Bust

Mughelli

Davis

Grimes - Practuce Squad

Houston - Bust

Redman

Shockley - Terrible

McClure ??? he may heve been here before McKay - Way before McKay

Ojinnaka - Not any good

Finneran ??? he may have been here before McKay - Before McKay

Weems - Not McKay

Koenen

Schneck - Not McKay

A lot of you guys have a HUGE misconception about Jamaal Anderson. Yes, he is not worth the 8th pick overall we used on him and the 5 year $30.9 million dollar deal. But for those advocating for us to cut him - that's just plain nonsense.

Advocating that he should be cut means that he is worse than the 53 man roster i.e. has less use for someone like Jason Radar, or Charlie Peprah, etc... Yes he probably should not start, but a team is not made of 53 starters.

Had Anderson not been drafted in the 1st round, but rather the 4th or 5th round, chances are he wouldn't even be talked about on these boards. He'll just be someone like Thomas Johnson or Antoine Harris - someone that does a good job in providing depth.

So the point I'm making is, while Jamaal Anderson was not worth a 1st day pick, he is good enough to be on a team. So there is absolutely no point in cutting him, especially since he'll make $1.1625 million next year.

I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility if Johnson or Harris were not brought back next season.

The man has 2 1/2 sacks in 3 seasons!?!?!?! That's less than Chauncey Davis and Biermann over that time (keep in mind that Biermann has 1 less year). It's time to end the Anderson experiment. I don't like Houston either, but it makes sense to keep him as an extra body in the secondary. Jamaal is pretty much useless and they have some good DEs coming out this year...time to move on.

A lot of you guys have a HUGE misconception about Jamaal Anderson. Yes, he is not worth the 8th pick overall we used on him and the 5 year $30.9 million dollar deal. But for those advocating for us to cut him - that's just plain nonsense.

Advocating that he should be cut means that he is worse than the 53 man roster i.e. has less use for someone like Jason Radar, or Charlie Peprah, etc... Yes he probably should not start, but a team is not made of 53 starters.

Had Anderson not been drafted in the 1st round, but rather the 4th or 5th round, chances are he wouldn't even be talked about on these boards. He'll just be someone like Thomas Johnson or Antoine Harris - someone that does a good job in providing depth.

So the point I'm making is, while Jamaal Anderson was not worth a 1st day pick, he is good enough to be on a team. So there is absolutely no point in cutting him, especially since he'll make $1.1625 million next year.

FINALLY A FAN THAT MAKES SENSE!

I completely disagree. I think Anderson was the 2nd best DT outside of Babineaux. Jerry would have been better of course, but Anderson fits the role of the UT/NT swingman much better than as a base end.

I'm with you on this, West. If they keep him around, this is the only position he should be allowed to play.

However, I'm with others, too. He sucks as a DE. I don't think he has a "breakout year" in him. Or if he does, it will probably happen when we trade him to the Saints... :ph34r: