Let's NOT cut Jamaal Anderson!

A lot of you guys have a HUGE misconception about Jamaal Anderson. Yes, he is not worth the 8th pick overall we used on him and the 5 year $30.9 million dollar deal. But for those advocating for us to cut him - that's just plain nonsense.

Advocating that he should be cut means that he is worse than the 53 man roster i.e. has less use for someone like Jason Radar, or Charlie Peprah, etc... Yes he probably should not start, but a team is not made of 53 starters.

Had Anderson not been drafted in the 1st round, but rather the 4th or 5th round, chances are he wouldn't even be talked about on these boards. He'll just be someone like Thomas Johnson or Antoine Harris - someone that does a good job in providing depth.

So the point I'm making is, while Jamaal Anderson was not worth a 1st day pick, he is good enough to be on a team. So there is absolutely no point in cutting him, especially since he'll make $1.1625 million next year.

JA is not a defensive tackle

he played some DT last year but he was not very effective, he was the worst DT we have

and hes probably the worst DE we have. we dont play a 3-4 defense, we dont need a DE thats average against the rush and terrible against the pass. we need a pass rushing DE

to me hes the worst in the 2 positions he plays, i say cut him and replace him with someone decent or someone with potential. JA has overstayed his welcome here for me.

i know he had a big bonus and thats the only reason hes still here, but lets cut our losses here, no need to feed him an extra million

If he was picked as a 4th or 5th rounder, people would be loving him. He is VERY solid against the run, its clear when hes not in the game the run defending suffers.

Its 100% his "sack numbers" that is causing people to ***** about him.. You could take the best DLineman in the league but if he had 0 sacks, the idiot ATL fans would want him cut.

If he was picked as a 4th or 5th rounder, people would be loving him. He is VERY solid against the run, its clear when hes not in the game the run defending suffers.

Its 100% his "sack numbers" that is causing people to ***** about him.. You could take the best DLineman in the league but if he had 0 sacks, the idiot ATL fans would want him cut.

If he had 0 sacks there's no way a lineman can claim to be the best in the league! Negative me all you want for saying it but it's best for the team to move on...

not necessarily. biermann got more playing time and starts towards the end of the season and our run D didn't struggle. anderson is alright against the run, but not what everyone makes him out to be. he's not the bob sanders of our run defense.

I think Anderson's survival on the roster depends upon what the coaches think of him as a back-up for both end and tackle on the line. If they think he's a solid back-up for BOTH spots, then they'll keep him.

Just as they don't have to keep him because he was a first round pick, they don't have to get get rid of him either.

A lot of you guys have a HUGE misconception about Jamaal Anderson. Yes, he is not worth the 8th pick overall we used on him and the 5 year $30.9 million dollar deal. But for those advocating for us to cut him - that's just plain nonsense.

Advocating that he should be cut means that he is worse than the 53 man roster i.e. has less use for someone like Jason Radar, or Charlie Peprah, etc... Yes he probably should not start, but a team is not made of 53 starters.

Had Anderson not been drafted in the 1st round, but rather the 4th or 5th round, chances are he wouldn't even be talked about on these boards. He'll just be someone like Thomas Johnson or Antoine Harris - someone that does a good job in providing depth.

So the point I'm making is, while Jamaal Anderson was not worth a 1st day pick, he is good enough to be on a team. So there is absolutely no point in cutting him, especially since he'll make $1.1625 million next year.

I think that is Anderson's only saving grace for taking up space on this team being that he wasn't drafted in the 4th or 5th round. Because he was lucky enough to be taken in the first and is getting paid first round money, the front office has to try and get something from the guy just to save face for making a bad decision drafting his worthless behind. Believe me, if he was drafted in the 4th or 5th round, he would have been cut a long time ago.

JA98 needs to go. We need players that contribute, not overpaid field bodies.

I'm sure they are going to at least wait until after training camp. Compared to Jamaal, Chauncey Davis and Sidbury must be blue chip pass rushers. Right? Don't let the disappointment in Jamaal cloud your vision.

The greatest rookie DE imaginable from this draft will more than likely be ineffective for a while. The greatest free agency pick might have limited play due to age and a nagging hammy.

Since neither the draft or free agency have occurred yet and definitely not training camp this conversation is as premature as talking about 2011 draft picks.

JA is not a defensive tackle

he played some DT last year but he was not very effective, he was the worst DT we have

and hes probably the worst DE we have. we dont play a 3-4 defense, we dont need a DE thats average against the rush and terrible against the pass. we need a pass rushing DE

to me hes the worst in the 2 positions he plays, i say cut him and replace him with someone decent or someone with potential. JA has overstayed his welcome here for me.

i know he had a big bonus and thats the only reason hes still here, but lets cut our losses here, no need to feed him an extra million

I disagree. when I saw him play DT he did a very good job. So honestly, I don't know what you are talking about calling him the worst. I honestly thought he should have been there instead of Thomas Johnson throughout the entire year.

I think that is Anderson's only saving grace for taking up space on this team being that he wasn't drafted in the 4th or 5th round. Because he was lucky enough to be taken in the first and is getting paid first round money, the front office has to try and get something from the guy just to save face for making a bad decision drafting his worthless behind. Believe me, if he was drafted in the 4th or 5th round, he would have been cut a long time ago.

JA98 needs to go. We need players that contribute, not overpaid field bodies.

+1 Great post. Busterson has been treated with kid gloves his whole career unlike other players who have had to make the team based upon their actual production. When you compare Jamaal to a player like Biermann it just makes you sick. We need to cut Jamaal and fill his spot with a player that can actually contribute to this team. money.

Anderson has value as a 3-4 DE. It would be foolish to release him.

Wait for the draft and trade him to a 3-4 team. Teams will get interested in him once the fourth round starts.

Ironically, JA98 started his football career as a TE. If we trade him for a 4th rounder, he may net us a TE prospect.

I disagree. when I saw him play DT he did a very good job. So honestly, I don't know what you are talking about calling him the worst. I honestly thought he should have been there instead of Thomas Johnson throughout the entire year.

i thought thomas johnson was a good surprise for us, i think he was the 2nd best DT we had.