Jonathan dwyer 4.74 and 4.69 40 times..

that's some interesting 40 times for him. were their any other guys who ran 40 times you didn't expect? i believe mcknight ran a 4.49 on one of his runs.. anthony dixon ran a 4.67..

Dwyer is still working on losing all the excess weight GT wanted him to carry and getting himself back in the shape he is best at. Still needs to lose another 9-10 pounds perhaps and get better tone to be at his best. Once that happens I believe he'll be back to running around 4.5

He's one of those guys that plays fast in pads/helmet and can deliver a blow as well as get yardage... i nsomething other than pajama tights.

Dwyer is still working on losing all the excess weight GT wanted him to carry and getting himself back in the shape he is best at. Still needs to lose another 9-10 pounds perhaps and get better tone to be at his best. Once that happens I believe he'll be back to running around 4.5

He's one of those guys that plays fast in pads/helmet and can deliver a blow as well as get yardage... i nsomething other than pajama tights.

Dwyer has had a lot of time to shed unwanted weight. Granted he may not be in the best shape possible to run the 40, but he's very close to his playing weight right now.

I've always maintained that Dwyer was so effective because he played in a triple option attack. A triple option attack will rack up a ton of yards for your FB (and QB and RB) -- just ask my old highschool football coach -- but it won't get you a championship or a state title (again, ask..bitter subject).

I think Dwyer is overrated and has been for a while. There are always big running lanes when you run the kind of an offense and the defense is not in great position to stop the run.

However, just because I think he is overrated does not mean I don't think he can be a good NFL back. He has good speed in pads, better than the 40 time will make you think, and he is a very tough runner. If he can get comfortable taking the hand-off from 7 yards deep in the backfield, then he can be a good power back in the NFL, kind of like what LenDale was supposed to be when he was drafted in the 1st round. The problems in his way are that the defenses he will be facing are going to be MUCH faster than what he saw in college in the ACC, and he won't be untouched often going through the LOS.

I don't think he's a 1st round guy, but he could be a good pickup in the 2nd for a team like Seattle, Chicago, Houston, Cleveland, New England, Detroit, and the list goes on. Just a team that is looking for someone to run inside with authority. there are a lot of other backs like him in this draft, Blount, Hardesty, Gerhart, that will provide basically the same thing, so he has that going against him.

Dwyer has had a lot of time to shed unwanted weight. Granted he may not be in the best shape possible to run the 40, but he's very close to his playing weight right now.

I've always maintained that Dwyer was so effective because he played in a triple option attack. A triple option attack will rack up a ton of yards for your FB (and QB and RB) -- just ask my old highschool football coach -- but it won't get you a championship or a state title (again, ask..bitter subject).

I think Dwyer is overrated and has been for a while. There are always big running lanes when you run the kind of an offense and the defense is not in great position to stop the run.

However, just because I think he is overrated does not mean I don't think he can be a good NFL back. He has good speed in pads, better than the 40 time will make you think, and he is a very tough runner. If he can get comfortable taking the hand-off from 7 yards deep in the backfield, then he can be a good power back in the NFL, kind of like what LenDale was supposed to be when he was drafted in the 1st round. The problems in his way are that the defenses he will be facing are going to be MUCH faster than what he saw in college in the ACC, and he won't be untouched often going through the LOS.

I don't think he's a 1st round guy, but he could be a good pickup in the 2nd for a team like Seattle, Chicago, Houston, Cleveland, New England, Detroit, and the list goes on. Just a team that is looking for someone to run inside with authority. there are a lot of other backs like him in this draft, Blount, Hardesty, Gerhart, that will provide basically the same thing, so he has that going against him.

:rolleyes: The GT "B back" gets wide-open running lanes... and is often "untouched"... are you kidding me??!!

BTW - Dwyer has experience in the I at GT and in the I and Spread in HS. He has a lot of skills that were not seen in the last two seasons at GT becuz he was the "B back"

He was at approx. 240+ lbs. in early January... how much, how fast is he supposed to lose and still remain strong? I say he still needs 4 months to get into the shape and weight he needs to be at (220-222).

Edited by m2Falcons

Dwyer was listed at 229 at the Combine which was under the 235 lbs he is listed at on Tech's website. I'm not a Tech fan and don't watch a lot of their games, but 229 seems like less that what he ever played at. He is just a big guy that is big in the lower body, I don't think he really gets much smaller or faster.

So much of that 40 time depends on your start. Let's face it, most of the time these guys don't run out of a 3 point stance. I know Dwyer did in Tech's offense but that will not be the case in the NFL.

Dwyer was very good before Johnson came to GaTech with the triple option. His slow 40 time is a little surprising but he has shown he has big play ability and on the field he runs more like a 4.4 guy. I think this will drop his stock a little but he is still worth a mid first in my book all day long. He is probably one of the most consistently great college RB's since the likes of Sanders and Tomlinson. The guy should be a top 10 pick, no question, but the general lack of value in RB's these days will hurt his stock.

Keep in mind I'm a UGA fan, too, so that should tell you just how good Dwyer really is that I would defend him after a poor 40 time. I've seen him run away from plenty of defenders, **** his 40 time.

Dwyer was nasty his true freshman year playing behing Tashard Choice in a pro-style offense. He showed plenty of ability running from 7 yards back.

He will drop, no doubt, but whoever gets him will be pleasantly surprised... Much like Dallas with Choice.

Edited by wreck02