Weatherspoon set to meet with Falcons.

e.lo

For all you Spoon fans me included this is good news. I just think this dude is a very valuable pick because they say he can play all three linebacker positions. As you know that is something that Smith and Dimitroff find very valuable in their players from linebacker, to offensive line, to saftey. I really feel like this guy will be our pick for that reason.

I don't think Bowman will be a Falcon because of his off field issues. Besides I think I'd rather have Edds.

I missed one, BB has NE taking Graham at #22

Oh I do not either, mainly I do not think they will go LB in the 1st round. Just reporting what I had read.

My point was that some reporters do not even rate Weatherspoon at the top of the LB list.

Edited by delaigle

I missed one, BB has NE taking Graham at #22

Oh I do not either, mainly I do not think they will go LB in the 1st round. Just reporting what I had read.

My point was that some reporters do not even rate Weatherspoon at the top of the LB list.

I'm going to watch the FA period very closely as well as the time between FA and the draft on what moves we make. Often times moves made prior to the draft will dictate what we do in the draft. If the team decides to continue to hang on to Anderson I doubt seriously we sign an DE or draft one because I doubt we carry more than 5. So it may not matter where Graham falls, besides there's rumblings that he may go in the 10-15 range.

With Weatherspoon, I think it may matter which team takes him to what his value truly is. Playing in the right scheme probably will do wonders for his career and my sole reason for us to take him at #19 was I thought he'd be a great fit as a WLB in our system. But I'm not naive' enough to believe he'd be the only one that does, so I think I've moved on to bigger and better things.

So my question is do we go corner with the 19th pick? Or we go outside the popular notion of drafting defense with our 1st pick and go for an offensive player?

Decisions, decisions. :P

I'm going to watch the FA period very closely as well as the time between FA and the draft on what moves we make. Often times moves made prior to the draft will dictate what we do in the draft. If the team decides to continue to hang on to Anderson I doubt seriously we sign an DE or draft one because I doubt we carry more than 5. So it may not matter where Graham falls, besides there's rumblings that he may go in the 10-15 range.

With Weatherspoon, I think it may matter which team takes him to what his value truly is. Playing in the right scheme probably will do wonders for his career and my sole reason for us to take him at #19 was I thought he'd be a great fit as a WLB in our system. But I'm not naive' enough to believe he'd be the only one that does, so I think I've moved on to bigger and better things.

So my question is do we go corner with the 19th pick? Or we go outside the popular notion of drafting defense with our 1st pick and go for an offensive player?

Decisions, decisions. :P

The other half is what do the Falcons do with their UFAs?

The signing/not signing of Dahl, Clabo, Redman, Norwood, B. Williams in particular could effect the Draft and other FA signings a lot.

Edited by delaigle

I really hope we will get a CB & DE in FA. We have guys who can play DE if we choose to draft one, he will need time to develop. I just don't see any DE we draft as being a starter from day 1 when you have Biermann and Sid who have some experience.

Weatherspoon should be the pick IMO. I think he COULD be a starter from day 1 where as CB or DE would most likely not be.