Atlanta morning radio DJ Steve McCoy has been fired from yet another station

young mr. grace

Guest Regular Guy

I've listened to just about every Atlanta radio station over the years and Steve McCoy has been hired and fired by every one of them. He is that bad.

Since no one will respond, I'll say something on the subject at hand. These guys make a crap ton of money, and they know when they sign a deal that they may not get renewed or even get to finish it out. It comes with the territory. I think he will be back on the air soon enough. I wouldn't be surprised if The River picks Steve and Vikki up to have a morning show of their own. I doubt Vikki will stay on 98.5 w/o Steve, we'll see.

I remember when 99x had a change over and Barnes left, then Toucher (his replacement) left along with Crash, then Jimmy and Fram got the axe. It's shocking but it's part of radio. New owners, new program directors, new ideas and BAM, you're looking for a new gig.

Jimmy is back on the air on Dave FM, Fram is in NY, Toucher and Crash are in Boston, Steve Craig is on the air in NY as well at the same station Fram is at. The Regular Guys have been fired numerous times but keep coming back, so I do not think we've seen the last of Steve &/or Vikki.

Since no one will respond, I'll say something on the subject at hand. These guys make a crap ton of money, and they know when they sign a deal that they may not get renewed or even get to finish it out. It comes with the territory. I think he will be back on the air soon enough. I wouldn't be surprised if The River picks Steve and Vikki up to have a morning show of their own. I doubt Vikki will stay on 98.5 w/o Steve, we'll see.

I remember when 99x had a change over and Barnes left, then Toucher (his replacement) left along with Crash, then Jimmy and Fram got the axe. It's shocking but it's part of radio. New owners, new program directors, new ideas and BAM, you're looking for a new gig.

Jimmy is back on the air on Dave FM, Fram is in NY, Toucher and Crash are in Boston, Steve Craig is on the air in NY as well at the same station Fram is at. The Regular Guys have been fired numerous times but keep coming back, so I do not think we've seen the last of Steve &/or Vikki.

Out of all the people you mentioned above, I miss Toucher the most. :( His shows were original and entertaining 95% of the time.

The River doesn't need Steve McCoy though. I'd rather listen to Kaedy Kiley all day, than have to suffer through him. The good thing is, they play more music than talk/advertisements anyway. I'm unsure how Steve and Vikki have survived this long anyway.

Guest Regular Guy

Out of all the people you mentioned above, I miss Toucher the most. :( His shows were original and entertaining 95% of the time.

The River doesn't need Steve McCoy though. I'd rather listen to Kaedy Kiley all day, than have to suffer through him. The good thing is, they play more music than talk/advertisements anyway. I'm unsure how Steve and Vikki have survived this long anyway.

I agree with you that they don't need Veve and Sticky, but they're running out of places to go. The "Project 96.1" has the 2 yankees, Dave has Jimmy and Yvonne, 100.5 has TRG, 99.7 has the Bert Show. Peach is gone, 98.5 is done with them, so not many options for them. A.M. radio??????

Guest Regular Guy

Atlanta radio is crap.

My radio stays locked on 94.1(my girl likes it) and NPR 90.1...everything else can kick rocks

Atlanta radio for the most part is indeed crap. 94.1 is part of that "crap" that you speak of, don't know about 90.1. I listen mostly to The River and obviously to The Regular Guys on Atlanta's Rock 100.5 in the mornings :)

Peeteetong!!

Soon he'll be on Sirius/XM, in radio being fired can be a good thing. That industry is really screwed up, I worked for a radio station part-time for fun for a few years and there was a reason I never made it my full time gig. I don't have what it takes to screw UP... it's one of the few industries where the more you fail the better jobs you can get. Just ask Howard Stern or Opie and Anthony.