• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the NHL was looking for a way to garner more interest in their sport, they may have just found it.

Take teams like Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina, Phoenix, and San Jose and move them to Canada, and set up a Canadian conference and a US conference to make the Stanley Cup Canada vs USA.

That would be probably the smartest thing they could do. I loved the game today, but Im not going to watch the NHL.

Yeah me neither. I'd definitely watch the Stanley Cup Game though if it was a US team vs. a Canadian team and their was country pride involved.

Don't know if it would be quite the same. Part of the hype of the olympics is that team USA is actually made up of Americans. I don't know if thier would be as much pride on the line with Crosby, Ovechkin and Kovachuck representing America.

As for me I'm not a support a league kind of guy. I have to be invested in one team for me to really get into somethig. And the only team that we consistally get (almost) every game on TV is the thrashers and they're some kind of terrible.

Edited by atl falcon 89

If the NHL was looking for a way to garner more interest in their sport, they may have just found it.

Take teams like Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina, Phoenix, and San Jose and move them to Canada, and set up a Canadian conference and a US conference to make the Stanley Cup Canada vs USA.

Or just let most of those teams go under, redistribute the players and hope that with more skaters

to go around, the knuckle-draggers get phased out