Falcons to keep "Throwbacks"

"The 1966 throwbacks uniforms are here to stay. For at least four more seasons, the Falcons will strut in those classics for at least one game. Falcons president Rich McKay told the team's website the story about how the plan involved a five-year commitment to the old jerseys, helmets and pants. Last season, they asked the players if they liked how the uniforms looked. The players approved of the look and asked to wear them for two games. The Falcons went 2-0 in the throwback uniforms."

Atlanta Journal-Constitution

pro sports daily

I'm not so sure. I mean, I like the wins and the look of them, but I think you all are forgetting something.

Week 2: First appearance with the "Throwback" Jersey.

-- Peria Jerry goes down for the enitre 2009 season.

Week 12: Second appearnce with the "Throwback" Jersey.

-- Matt Ryan went down with turf toe injury on the first offensive series and Michael Turner re-aggrevated his right high ankle sprain.

I'm not all that superstitious, but I am enough to see the warning signs. If getting wins while wearing these jerseys means we have to sacrifice our franchise players to injury... NO THANKS!

I'm not so sure. I mean, I like the wins and the look of them, but I think you all are forgetting something.

Week 2: First appearance with the "Throwback" Jersey.

-- Peria Jerry goes down for the enitre 2009 season.

Week 12: Second appearnce with the "Throwback" Jersey.

-- Matt Ryan went down with turf toe injury on the first offensive series and Michael Turner re-aggrevated his right high ankle sprain.

I'm not all that superstitious, but I am enough to see the warning signs. If getting wins while wearing these jerseys means we have to sacrifice our franchise players to injury... NO THANKS!

Stop believing in that stuff!...The more you believe in it the more it will happen!

I definitely love the red helmets. Maybe we should experiment a little bit. Maybe they could try the old black but with the new logo everywhere you would normally see the old one. I still like our new red ones though, but I also wonder what the old black ones would look like red? I know we've had very similar red jerseys before but the throwback blacks are different from what the actual throwbacks looked like because they made them more "neat" and modernish.