Depression setting in

It does suck, but I am not depressed about it. You know what really sucks is that I haven't watched Espn, or The Nfl network because I just wanted to avoid hearing about it. But it doesn't really matrer because they are talking about it on every station from the Sci fi channel to the Food Network!!!!! I don't wanna turn my Tv completely off.

It does suck, but I am not depressed about it. You know what really sucks is that I haven't watched Espn, or The Nfl network because I just wanted to avoid hearing about it. But it doesn't really matrer because they are talking about it on every station from the Sci fi channel to the Food Network!!!!! I don't wanna turn my Tv completely off.

PA, I've been sticking to Turner Classic Movies......That's the way to go....... ;)

The 2009 New Orleans Saints will go down in the annals of NFL history as the luckiest team ever.

Nothing, but 100% pure, ridiculous, Fuc**ng, BS luck -- from Week 1 until the Superbowl -- paved the way for their season. Yes, they have some good players and they made some good plays throughout the year, but that happens with every team every year(i.e. Browns).

The only thing that seperates the 8-8 and 9-7 teams in the 2009 NFL season and the Saints winning the Superbowl was their ridiculous luck. Literally, that is all.

Don't believe me? Go back through NFL Films and watch their season. Just watch it. Every game, some "miracle" or something to it's effect, happened that helped them to pull out an unbelievable victory.

-- Falcons' fans. That sh*t doesn't happen twice. Yes, they made some good FA moves and hired DC Williams, but this team wont have that ridiculous "magic" from here on out. TRUST ME.

-- Brees, like or not, is getting old. Now he has a SB ring, he can consider retirement soon. Sharper might retire after 2010, Shockey isnt getting younger.

We have the potential to DOMINATE this division for a long time, but that is going to start with creating a defensive front that can harass the opposing QB...

WE NEED JULIUS PEPPERS

The 2009 New Orleans Saints will go down in the annals of NFL history as the luckiest team ever.

Nothing, but 100% pure, ridiculous, Fuc**ng, BS luck -- from Week 1 until the Superbowl -- paved the way for their season. Yes, they have some good players and they made some good plays throughout the year, but that happens with every team every year(i.e. Browns).

The only thing that seperates the 8-8 and 9-7 teams in the 2009 NFL season and the Saints winning the Superbowl was their ridiculous luck. Literally, that is all.

Don't believe me? Go back through NFL Films and watch their season. Just watch it. Every game, some "miracle" or something to it's effect, happened that helped them to pull out an unbelievable victory.

-- Falcons' fans. That sh*t doesn't happen twice. Yes, they made some good FA moves and hired DC Williams, but this team wont have that ridiculous "magic" from here on out. TRUST ME.

-- Brees, like or not, is getting old. Now he has a SB ring, he can consider retirement soon. Sharper might retire after 2010, Shockey isnt getting younger.

We have the potential to DOMINATE this division for a long time, but that is going to start with creating a defensive front that can harass the opposing QB...

WE NEED JULIUS PEPPERS

Good post! Most of the luck that you speak of is called "NFL Officiating". They did have a few rabbit foot out the the *** moments though.

I just lost about 25% of my TV right there for a least a week ::wacko:

WE NEED JULIUS PEPPERS

You sir have got to be kidding. Drew Brees and Saints are poised to be a PERENNIAL POWERHOUSE for the foreseeable future. Just open your eyes man. It's already been the most prolific offense 4 straight seasons. Now imagine what will happen to continue upgrading this current team, notably the defense. they're GOLD I tell u! B)

You sir have got to be kidding. Drew Brees and Saints are poised to be a PERENNIAL POWERHOUSE for the foreseeable future. Just open your eyes man. It's already been the most prolific offense 4 straight seasons. Now imagine what will happen to continue upgrading this current team, notably the defense. they're GOLD I tell u! B)

29 of 53 Saints will hit free agency in about 3 weeks. Just for fun Shockey will start pouting to get a new contract since he actually started 12 instead of 11 games this year and for the bonus round played in the Superbowl. Sounds like a busy offseason.

Whatever. We got to the Super Bowl first, they won it first, so now we just have to win 2 or 3 to be above them again.

At least we don't have to listen to the media ramble on and on about the "amazing" city of New Orleans and the team's "amazing" fans next year. I mean, yeah, Bourbon Street and the French Quarter are pretty awesome, and I do like Jazz music, but the rest of Louisiana and Mississippi is just a swampy, racist mess. It's like everyone suddenly forgot that Mississippi still has the confederate logo on their flag and that recently a Louisiana judge refused to grant a marriage license to an interracial couple. Stay classy, Saints fans.

(I have met some nice, normal Saints fans. There just aren't very many. And none of them live anywhere near New Orleans anymore.)

29 of 53 Saints will hit free agency in about 3 weeks. Just for fun Shockey will start pouting to get a new contract since he actually started 12 instead of 11 games this year and for the bonus round played in the Superbowl. Sounds like a busy offseason.

This is true. No doubt Shockey will do that.

This is a good point phattywankenobi, I'd give you a plus 1 if I could but the rating system isn't working for me right now.

Think of all the distractions for the Aint's because of what you just mentioned this off season and going into camp for them.

I expect a FALCONS sweep of the division rivals in the upcoming season with a healthy team and of course new additions.

Any team that wins 13 games in a row and a superbowl has to have luck sometimes but there was no luck in the way the Saints dominated other teams.

He's 30 and can play at a high level for at least 4 more season. David Thomas will replace Shockey when he's done, Sharper's replacement is being prepared.

WE NEED JULIUS PEPPERS

The Saints skill position players are all entering their prime or close to it, the Falcons will need a lot more than Julius Peppers to dominate the division.

I expect a FALCONS sweep of the division rivals in the upcoming season with a healthy team and of course new additions.

Just like you expected the Falcons to win the division this year and expected the Saints to lose the superbowl? The Saints missed half their defense and still won.