Senior Bowl Game Thread

And jbo can we agree Lang has not done well today? I only watched him because you brought him up, I didn't think he looked like a LE to me before I watched him again and I still feel that way. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth saying he was your boy though, I was just messin' with you.

Lane hasn't shown up like I hoped he would today though. He is letting the tackles get into his pads and engage him, which is what they want. He needs to improve his hand usage a lot. The difference in NFL readiness between Lane and Graham is evidenced just in that aspect. Against Capers Graham decimated him, just slapping his hands away and getting a sack. Then Lane was getting blocked and not making an impact because he wasn't using his hands as well.

I haven't gotten to see how he gets off the line though, so I don't know about his quickness off the ball or edge speed.

Dude i just posted an article D-Led wrote...lol.. I agree that Austen Lane comment tho.

Like Jaymadd said... Join the Greg Hardy in the 3rd round Cult..lol

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know enough about this kind of thing to really know the answer to this so I'll ask now...why isn't Sean Weatherspoon considered a top pick in this draft? He seems to have it all.

From all of the mocks I have read he is considered a top 5 linebacker.....some mocks have him as a top 3 or top 2 LB.....

I've seen 3 or 4 mocks that have the Falcons taking him in the 1st......

Dude i just posted an article D-Led wrote...lol.. I agree that Austen Lane comment tho.

Like Jaymadd said... Join the Greg Hardy in the 3rd round Cult..lol

Yeah Lane has a ways to go, he has potential though. I don't know about his get-off, he has to play LE I think. I don't think he has the quickness off the ball (at least I haven't seen it) to play RE in the NFL.

And lol I'm not going to do it, never!

I am actually just starting to watch this guy Kevin Basped, DE, Nevada. He is light right now, like Biermann actually, at 6'6", 240. But boy can he fly, and he has a very nice motor. I know he is similar to Biermann, but man do I think this kid could pack on some pounds and develop into a nice LE. He looks good to me thus far, that's all I'm saying. lol