Chris Redman

durrdbyrd

Those were his numbers against the Saints in Week 14. If New Orleans couldn't slow down Chris Redman (without Michael Turner in the lineup), what in the world would make ANYONE think they can stop Peyton Manning. Get your popcorn ready, Falcons fans. This is going to be fun to watch. There may not be enough bourbon on Bourbon Street to drown the sorrows of the bagheads in a couple of weeks.

Those were his numbers against the Saints in Week 14. If New Orleans couldn't slow down Chris Redman (without Michael Turner in the lineup), what in the world would make ANYONE think they can stop Peyton Manning. Get your popcorn ready, Falcons fans. This is going to be fun to watch. There may not be enough bourbon on Bourbon Street to drown the sorrows of the bagheads in a couple of weeks.

Haha good point.

I agree that Peyton Manning is going to tear them apart. He was absolutely unstoppable today and if he plays anywhere near that the Colts are going to win comfortably.

But week 14 of the NFL season, in the middle of the grind is much different than the Super Bowl. Nobody thought the Patriots would only score 14 points against the Giants, nobody thought the Patriots would hold the Rams to 17. Stranger things have happened.

Yeah, I don't think the "Aints" can keep up with the elder Manning, and the Colts, either. And while Redman had a good day against 'em, I think their "D" has improved some since then........sort of like ours, at the end of the season.

But like you say, it'll be a fun game to watch, and probably a high scoring game, considering the two QBs.......but in the end, I'll have to take the Colts.

And IF, by some quirk, the "Aints" were to win, there may not be enough bourbon on Peachtree St. to drown MY sorrows. :P

Edited by FalconJim

Not really. Favre pretty much carved up the Saints. The interceptions he threw were mental mistakes. That's something you don't see out of Peyton Manning.

You took the word out of my mouth, as great as Farve has played this year, Peyton Manning is a different species. He'll rip your defense apart while not turning the ball over.

I dont blame Saints fans for being arrogance now, but i sure as heck wont blame them for kickin them self in the head after the superbowl B)

As above at the moment Manning is just to surgical.Greg Williams the DC for the Saints is going to have to come up with some real exotic blitzing schemes to stop Manning but I think they'll start by getting to him by doing what they did to Farve.They just can't allow Manning to sit in the pocket if that happens good night Saints.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Not exactly the same secondary at this point.

They seemed to control Brett Favre pretty well....

i wouldn't exactly say they controlled brett favre, they put up like 500 yards of total offense on the saints. the saints are lucky the vikes all of a sudden forgot how to protect the ball or they would have probably lost that game by at least 3 tds.

peyton manning wont do the same thing.