Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

enwhite

Shipping Rip-off

12 posts in this topic

So I was given a Falcons gift card for Christmas. Nice! I want to buy an $18.52 hat and Falcons365.com wants to charge me $12.95 for shipping...seriously? I live in Atlanta! If they'd let me, I'd drive to the warehouse and pick it up myself.

The organization claimed that by closing the Falcons 365 stores, they could improve service on the website. Some improvement. Is there anyone else who has stories like this?

JSIN, RockPaperScissors and dilkin like this

So I was given a Falcons gift card for Christmas. Nice! I want to buy an $18.52 hat and Falcons365.com wants to charge me $12.95 for shipping...seriously? I live in Atlanta! If they'd let me, I'd drive to the warehouse and pick it up myself.

The organization claimed that by closing the Falcons 365 stores, they could improve service on the website. Some improvement. Is there anyone else who has stories like this?

Yeah, A hat I wanted was $17.95 and then I was like OK I'll get this and then I saw the shipping charge and closed out the page. I ended up going to Sports Authority and finding the exact same hat for $9.95.

The 365 stores are definitely making money off the shipping. A hat from Amazon is usually $4.00 shipping. I understand they want to make money but this is really bad to do it this way and it loses them sales as you can see.

From what it sounds like, the person (or people) who run(s) Falcons 365 need(s) to take an economics class.

They are going to be losing out on revenue if this is the case.

Yep - I have gone through the process of purchasing from Falcons 365 several times, but close out the page everytime when that shipping charge comes up. I keep thinking they will get more in line with other online retailers in regard to their shipping charges. I will not be buying anything from them until they do.

I was about to order the $4 dog collar (for my cat actually, to annoy my fiance) and they wanted $12 for standard shipping. 3 X's it's price. Insanity.

I too have started ordering something and when I see the shipping charges close the page. They will argue though that its "shipping AND handling" :wacko:

I too have started ordering something and when I see the shipping charges close the page. They will argue though that its "shipping AND handling" :wacko:

yeah, but it's "shipping and handling" for all the other online retailers who will ship the same items at a quarter of the cost. I think it was Mozzie who wanted to order an item from 365 and shipping was going to be over $100.

Is it any wonder the stores had to close with management like that?

It's ridiculous. When they were having those weekly 50% off sales to get ready for the season, I would buy something for 8 or 9 dollars, and end up paying over $20 due to the outrageous shipping. :angry:

Never buy from 365.. I wish they had Falcons Store somewhere.

Gwinnett place Mall and Discover Mill has sports store and carry some of Falcons Jersey and other stuff but they carry better quality and quantity for others nation.

What a shame..

Just order from NFLshop.com it's like 4.95 for shipping no matter how much you buy. Also Yahoo sports shop is 4.95 flat shipping. You can order 20 different things and it's still 5 bucks for shipping.

Lol i myself wanted to order a car tag for my car.. the one that goes on the front of the car ... price was like $4 but shipping was like $15 and I LIVE IN ATLANTA!! Ofcourse i closed out the page and went somewhere else.

yeah, but it's "shipping and handling" for all the other online retailers who will ship the same items at a quarter of the cost. I think it was Mozzie who wanted to order an item from 365 and shipping was going to be over $100.

Is it any wonder the stores had to close with management like that?

Last time I checked, it was $150 flat rate to ship anything overseas. If I order the cheapest, smallest or lightest item on 365, they'll still charge $150 postage.