I have been a Buffalo fan since I can remember.

Our decade of ineptness have left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a strong urge for change.

I have to admit I first became a Falcons fan by hopping on the bandwagon during the '99 Super Bowl appearance.

Since then I have followed them on occasion. In the 2008 draft, my favorite player was Matt Ryan. It comes as no surprise to any of you that he was drafted by the Falcons, and since I have followed the team religiously.

Due to recent Front Office mishaps and dissapointments by the Bills FO, I have a strong need to follow a team more qualified of my time, money and patience. The Falcons are my obvious choice; stemming from the great GM, promising young QB, swagger, and (obviously) the best Jerseys in the league.

My entire apartment is decked out in Falcons apparel, with everything from blankets to wine corks.

I hope to join the forum to provide insight from an outsiders point of view, as well as a fans.

I'm sorry, i just don't buy it friend. You remain a fan of your team regardless. What to say you won't dump

the Falcons when things go wrong? (crosses fingers)? Bottom line, i take your alliegence to your new

team with a grain of salt.

Allegiance is a great thing, but it can go blind over time.

I wouldn't blame someone for weighing anchor on the Pittsburgh Pirates when they show

such a limited commitment to winning. Some of the Bills disdain may arise from the team moving

a couple home games to Toronto, a sentiment which is highly understandable.

I'm sorry, i just don't buy it friend. You remain a fan of your team regardless. What to say you won't dump

the Falcons when things go wrong? (crosses fingers)? Bottom line, i take your alliegence to your new

I get what you are sayin. I'm the type of fan that will ALWAYS stick my teams, through the good times and the bad. That being said, I welcome any fan that comes to our side.

Edited by ConnFalcon

Allegiance is a great thing, but it can go blind over time.

I wouldn't blame someone for weighing anchor on the Pittsburgh Pirates when they show

such a limited commitment to winning. Some of the Bills disdain may arise from the team moving

a couple home games to Toronto, a sentiment which is highly understandable.

Whatever floats some people boats i guess. But just the way i view it. Been a fan of both the Falcons

since their inception and the Braves since they moved to Atlanta, I, along with many

other loyal fans, have seen more than our share of disappointments. Can't speak for anyone else, but

not once did i waiver in my support, nor did i ever conteplate shifting alliegences, but hey -

Thats just the way I roll.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Well I suppose you could say that with more backing if I were to move to a team like the Colts, or Patriots whom have showed dominance over the past few seasons. Unfortuanately the Falcons aren't one of those teams yet. Not to say anything against the team as a direct insult, but the Falcons didn't exactly perform much better than Buffalo, despite having a MUCH better team. The past few seasons do not help your case either.

Do NOt bring up a lack of allegiance, because for at least 10 years I bled Red White and Blue for the Bills. When you start to realize that you care about winning more than the teams' OWNER, I don;t care who you're a fan of. It's time for change.

I will always root for the Bills. They have been a huge part of my life. But the time is due for me to pledge allegiance to team that won't drag so much emotion and dedication out of me. It's absolutely terrible, but true.

Just because you are a fan of a team, does not mean it will last forever. Maybe in 10 more years I won;t like the Falcons anymore, it's possible. Maybe you wont. That's to be seen.

Whatever floats some people boats i guess. But just the way i view it. Been a fan of both the Falcons

since their inception and the Braves since they moved to Atlanta, I, along with many

other loyal fans, have seen more than our share of disappointments. Can't speak for anyone else, but

not once did i waiver in my support, nor did i ever conteplate shifting alliegences, but hey -

Thats just the way I roll.

I have been a loyal fan since the 70's and because I am not a Georgia resident, even the team moving

wouldn't change that. However, if I was a Raider season ticket holder when Al Davis moved the team

to L.A., then loyalty is out the window. As long as a team is doing everything they can to produce

a winner in the city the franchise is based in, then loyalty is no question.

Well I suppose you could say that with more backing if I were to move to a team like the Colts, or Patriots whom have showed dominance over the past few seasons. Unfortuanately the Falcons aren't one of those teams yet. Not to say anything against the team as a direct insult, but the Falcons didn't exactly perform much better than Buffalo, despite having a MUCH better team. The past few seasons do not help your case either.

Do NOt bring up a lack of allegiance, because for at least 10 years I bled Red White and Blue for the Bills. When you start to realize that you care about winning more than the teams' OWNER, I don;t care who you're a fan of. It's time for change.

I will always root for the Bills. They have been a huge part of my life. But the time is due for me to pledge allegiance to team that won't drag so much emotion and dedication out of me. It's absolutely terrible, but true.

Just because you are a fan of a team, does not mean it will last forever. Maybe in 10 more years I won;t like the Falcons anymore, it's possible. Maybe you wont. That's to be seen.

You jest, no? The Falcons haven't performed much better than the Bills the past few years? Okay, 2007

was a bust, but 2008/2009 weren't bad, no? What's the record of the Bills during that period? Sorry too lazy to

google. Whatever, I'm forgetting my southern upbringing a bit, so welcome to the boards, however brief your

stay may be.

I have been a Buffalo fan since I can remember.

Our decade of ineptness have left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a strong urge for change.

I have to admit I first became a Falcons fan by hopping on the bandwagon during the '99 Super Bowl appearance.

Since then I have followed them on occasion. In the 2008 draft, my favorite player was Matt Ryan. It comes as no surprise to any of you that he was drafted by the Falcons, and since I have followed the team religiously.

Due to recent Front Office mishaps and dissapointments by the Bills FO, I have a strong need to follow a team more qualified of my time, money and patience. The Falcons are my obvious choice; stemming from the great GM, promising young QB, swagger, and (obviously) the best Jerseys in the league.

My entire apartment is decked out in Falcons apparel, with everything from blankets to wine corks.

I hope to join the forum to provide insight from an outsiders point of view, as well as a fans.

um you didnt jump on the 99 bandwagon?? i think you mean you jumped on the 98 bandwagon ;)

Edited by flyguy28

I understand the choice... I grew up in Texas and was basically forced into being a Cowboys fan growing up... Once I became old enough to see there horrible ways I always hated them...

I graduated HS in 94 and went to the military in Georgia and became a Falcons fan. I've stuck behind them through thick and thin and would not change now - but I feel like it was my first "choice" as a team to be a fan of.

I was just basically assumed to be a Cowboys fan growing up near Dallas... so I've been there.

Welcome aboard - but you only get one chance to "see the light" - if you continuously jump teams - then that is not a fan!

Welcome to our dysfunctional family! blink.gif

You're not the only one who will have some loyalty to more than one team on these boards. I think it's safe to say that most of us became fans of the NFL team that was near where we grew up, and we tend to maintain some connection to that NFL team for most (if not all) of our lives. For example, I'm from upstate New York, and I've been a Patriots fan since the dark days when the Pats were the doormats of the AFL and the NFL. I've lived in the Northeast (Rhode Island), the Ohio-Valley/Mid-West(Northern Kentucky) and now in the South (Georgia), and have always followed the Pats and probably always will. I've also always had a soft spot in my heart for the Falcons, and have admired many Falcon players over years, but also found myself SMH more often than I'd care to remember during some of the more 'challenging' seasons under some questionable coaches, players and owners.

Since I moved to the Metro-Atlanta area five years ago, I became a Season Ticket Holder (STH) and active fan of the Falcons and have followed them/cheered for them/cried with them, etc.. In my short time here, I've lived through some of the futility/embarrassment/disgrace of the Vick dogfighting/Petrino days, and enjoyed watching TD, Smitty, Ryan, White and Turner lead the turnaround and end the back-to-back winning season jinx. Heck, Flowery Branch is only 25 minutes from my house and I regularly attend the open practices and events there in the summer--it's a blast. I do love my Falcons; however, I still follow and cheer for the Pats: always will.

Just remember that nothing says you are required to follow one single team for your entire life: last time I looked around, we were still the "...land of the free, and the home of the brave...".

Welcome again--hope you can get down here and enjoy a game at the GA Dome.

Go Falcons!!