Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falconcj21

? about hall of fame

13 posts in this topic

is it true that a player goes in for all the teams he played on? and if thats true didn't eric dickerson play for us and im sure he is in the hof.

um no i think they pick the team they go for if they played for diffrent teams

just checked the hof and we have 2 members eric dickerson and tommy mcdonald

just checked the hof and we have 2 members eric dickerson and tommy mcdonald

are you sure beacuse i just looked and we didnt have any? link?

Technically i don't believe the Falcons have any players in the HOF. Yes both E. Dickerson and Tommy

Mcdonald both played, albeit briefly for the Falcons, i don't believe they were enshrined as Falcons.

BTW, the link you provided also listed both players as Ram HOFERS too.

here is the teams list http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/teams.aspx

I see but, offically i don't believe the Atlanta Falcons have any players listed as Atlanta Falcon

inductees, irregardless what your link indicates. A previous poster provided a link which said

that the Falcons have no HOFERS. Also, Tommy Mcdonald played for the Falcons, Browns, Eagles,

Cowboys and Rams? I think it's similar to Baseball, a player who is inducted to the HOF and has

played for mulitple teams chooses which team he will represent in the hall. By your reasoning,

Bret Favre, 5 yrs after he retires will be inducted as a Falcon?

Player goes into the Hall under one team Mcdonald is a hall of famed for the Eagles and Dickerson is a hall of famer for the Rams, both did play for the Falcons but were mainly known for being on those other teams, and Brett Favre altho drafted by Atl will go in to the Hall as a Packer

Nolafan is right. When players get indicted in to the Hall, they don't get enshrined for a particualr team.

Of course, we all know that McDonald and Dickerson only spent 1 year here, they were past their best at the time, and had already achieved enough to get in to the HoF before they got here. They may haveplayed for the falcons briefly, but they will always be remembered for the other teams that they player on, where they played their best football and acheved their most significant achievements. Most fans probably donlt even remmeber that Dickerosn player his last year as a Falcon.

As it stands, we don't have any players inducted, who spent a significant proprotin of their careers here and played here whist in their prime.