Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookie3127

AFMB 2010 Fantasy Baseball

227 posts in this topic

A note to the 2 new players keep in mind if you cant be online for whatever reason just send someone in the league a list of players in the order you would want them and that person can make your pick from that list

Also if everyone could use this thread for discussion and the other thread for picks ONLY it will make things much easier...

Also if everyone could use this thread for discussion and the other thread for picks ONLY it will make things much easier...

i concur

How long do we get to make picks? I can't remember how long we had last year, and I was curious if it had changed.

How long do we get to make picks? I can't remember how long we had last year, and I was curious if it had changed.

10 hours to make the pick to cover a typical work day in most cases and the clock doesn't run from midnight to 7am EST. but picks can be made during that time frame.

this is my least favorite time of the draft... right after you pick and you have to start x'ing out the names of whose going to make it back to you... im glad I got Utley with #5 thats the only position of scarcity I was really concerned about. OF and 1B are packed so I figured i could wait a little while on them.

this is my least favorite time of the draft... right after you pick and you have to start x'ing out the names of whose going to make it back to you... im glad I got Utley with #5 thats the only position of scarcity I was really concerned about. OF and 1B are packed so I figured i could wait a little while on them.

Outside of catcher, 2B is probably the scarcest position. After a few players, the "fantasy talent" dries up quick. Any pick that essentially guarantees you 30 HR's and ~100 RBI's at second base is a great pick.

I'm also very happy with my pick. I didn't expect Kemp to fall that far. I've seen some mocks where he went at #4.

By the way, how much games does a player need to play/start at a position in order to have eligibility at that position in this league? I *think* Yahoo requires 10 starts, but I'm not sure. That number seems pretty low compared to other sites, like ESPN.

By the way, how much games does a player need to play/start at a position in order to have eligibility at that position in this league? I *think* Yahoo requires 10 starts, but I'm not sure. That number seems pretty low compared to other sites, like ESPN.

i think it's the yahoo default and i believe that it's something like 5 starts or 10 appearances......something like that. i t may be 10 appearances all together....not really sure though.

btw, you're on the clock again keller.

Already a run on pitchers I was wondering when it would start this year

Tried out a new philosophy last year and it seemed to work. So I'm going at it again. Trying to get some of the top level P's. Didn't realize you can do some damage like that. Then start going after average to above average hitters that are consistent.

i read today that yahoo will "supposedly" have fantasy baseball up and running on feb. 10th. read it on another message board, so i'm not sure how valid it is.