Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookie3127

AFMB 2010 Fantasy Baseball

227 posts in this topic

yup. thanks for taking the time last year ff567. and thanks for posting to let us know about this year. makes things a little easier for a couple of days. :)

Thanks for allowing me to join. Only questions I have

1. will this be H2H or Roto?

2. What is the starting line up going to be like or will it be the Yahoo! default settings?

Thanks for allowing me to join. Only questions I have

1. will this be H2H or Roto?

2. What is the starting line up going to be like or will it be the Yahoo! default settings?

it's h2h and here are the lineups and stat categories from last year.....

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Fielding Percentage (FPCT), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)

I think that I was in the original league, and it was a lot of fun.

I haven't played fantasy baseball at all in the last few years. I forget how the league set up works, but would it be possible to expand the league from 12 teams, to allow additional participants? If so, I wouldn't mind jumping back in, and there might be a couple others around here to add...

we're already at a 12 team format with 11 of the spots filled. we'd be glad to add ya to the waiting list this year should the last spot not get claimed by any ahead of you.

we're already at a 12 team format with 11 of the spots filled. we'd be glad to add ya to the waiting list this year should the last spot not get claimed by any ahead of you.

Okay, that will work. :D

I didn't know if it would be possible to expand the league to 14 or 16 teams or not, and whether you had a few more that would be interested.

Okay, that will work. :D

I didn't know if it would be possible to expand the league to 14 or 16 teams or not, and whether you had a few more that would be interested.

it'd definitely be possible, but we'd have to adjust the roster sizes and probably adjust the scoring categories as well so that we weren't drafting bench players and mid-season call ups by the 18th round. lol

If it can be set up. How does everyone feel about making this a keeper league. The main postive is that all you have to do the following year is ask who will continue. If they don't some one takes over their roster. Helps save a bunch of time with drafting players. You could even start it this year, if you have the last known rosters from last year.

i like the redraft every year in this league... i think we discussed keeper last year and came to the consensus this is what keeps us sane post-football, pre-baseball season

I like the redraft as well. If we did decide to do a keeper league, then I would propose that each team gets to keep only 1 or 2 players from the previous years roster. That's just my 2 cents

it'd definitely be possible, but we'd have to adjust the roster sizes and probably adjust the scoring categories as well so that we weren't drafting bench players and mid-season call ups by the 18th round. lol

I think back when we first did it, we went with full major league rosters. Wasn't it something like 11 pitchers (5 starters & 6 relievers), and 14 position players or something like that?

I like the redraft as well. If we did decide to do a keeper league, then I would propose that each team gets to keep only 1 or 2 players from the previous years roster. That's just my 2 cents

i'd say 1 position player and 1 pitcher would be the max that a team could keep if we were to ever do a keeper.

I think back when we first did it, we went with full major league rosters. Wasn't it something like 11 pitchers (5 starters & 6 relievers), and 14 position players or something like that?

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

I also prefer the yearly draft... And I don't think expanding the number of teams is a good idea... Rosters are very thin as it is, and I like how the scoring and rosters are set up now and wouldn't want to change it just to add a couple more players to the league... JMO...

i like the yearly draft, but wouldn't oppose a keeper or two either. like WTA said, the FA market is pretty thin as it is now, so i wouldn't be too opposed to eliminating a couple of positions (like go to 1 util or eliminate a bench spot or two) or stat categories to add a little depth to FA.

well 3:00 has come and gone with no sign of eddie. hate that a time table was the deciding factor, but we now have 1 spot open. keller24vt was next in line on the waiting list. i'll shoot him a PM to see if he still wants the spot.

looks like Keller is taking the last spot. here's an updated roster for this year's league...

WTA

SacFalcFan

Goodoleboy58

Waterproof_ace83

Pick 6

Cable Guy

Mookie3127

Unkn0wn

Capologist

Uga_dog1

keller24VT

Jgator

When will the draft order be posted?? Kinda curious where some teams are going to be drafting

i sent a PM to waterproof. since he's been the commish the past couple of years, i figured that i'd let him make the call on if he wants to set the draft order. if not or if he doesn't have a problem with someone else doing it, i have no problem doing it.

just heard from waterproof. i'll set up the random draft order and kick off a draft thread this afternoon. i'll also shoot everyone a PM letting them know.