Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookie3127

AFMB 2010 Fantasy Baseball

227 posts in this topic

i dont mind first come first serve but i think we need to put a minimum on the post count number... no offense to the newbies but we dont need anyone leaving in the middle of the season

kick off the draft feb 1 sounds good to me... whats the draft order random?

if i'm the commish, i'll probably just use a draft order generator that i've found on line if no one has any objections. i'll even post a screen shot of the results. :P

if waterproof is in, then i'll let him figure out how he wants to do the draft order.

Draft started Feb 17th last year but I think it was pretty close to not being finished in time

yeah. we had to bust it the last couple of weeks, so hopefully starting a little early will help out.

i dont mind first come first serve but i think we need to put a minimum on the post count number... no offense to the newbies but we dont need anyone leaving in the middle of the season

the 3 that have asked for spots have all been pretty active over the past year, so i think we'd be ok with the ones who have requested spots.

we've got 9 returning from last year so far. we'll see if the other 3 want in. is everyone ok with giving the final 3 until say 3:00 p.m. on the 30th to claim their spot (which should be PLENTY of time) or should we cut the deadline off sooner (like the 23rd, which would be a week from yesterday)? since PM's were sent out yesterday, that would be 2 weeks to respond or claim their spots.

we've got 9 returning from last year so far. we'll see if the other 3 want in. is everyone ok with giving the final 3 until say 3:00 p.m. on the 30th to claim their spot (which should be PLENTY of time) or should we cut the deadline off sooner (like the 23rd, which would be a week from yesterday)? since PM's were sent out yesterday, that would be 2 weeks to respond or claim their spots.

I think 2 weeks is more than enough time... But then again I'm pretty impatient... :D

I think 2 weeks is more than enough time... But then again I'm pretty impatient... :D

i completely agree. we've had 9 out of 12 claim their spots in a day and a half, so i'd be fine with giving a week for everyone to claim their spots. everyone else feel free to chime in. :D

Ya I think a week or so is fine for last years members to claim their spots.

As far as draft order, I say just randomize it however you want

if by lucky you mean complete domination! i agree

New year, new league, new champ. This year is gonna be my year!!

2 weeks is a pretty good timetable thats plenty of time for people to have a chance and if the cutoff date is like Jan 29th or 30th that will give the people on the wait list a day or 2 to get ready if we start drafting Feb 1st

so far 3 for 1 week from what i'm reading (myself, wta, and uga_dog1) and 1 for the 2 weeks (unkn0wn). going with league majority of who all has claimed their spots works for me.

we'll wait and see if a couple of others chime in. if not, then we'll go for returning members to claim their spots by the 23rd if that's agreeable for everyone. a week should be plenty of time to reply, especially as much time as we'll be spending on here for the draft.

also, does 8:00 a.m. on monday, feb. 1st work for everyone to kick off the draft?

well that's 5 which is leagu majority at the moment, so we'll go with the cut off on the 23rd and plan on kicking off the draft on monday, feb. 1st at 8:00 a.m.

if that doesn't work for some, let me know. also, lets figure out if we want to retain the same settings from last year or if we want to change anything.

what is it 8 hours per pick?

i think it was 10 hours per pick last year to allow for a little bit of flexibility since the average work day is 8 hours, but it may have been 8 hours

Count me in

good deal. i'm guessing that since you were the commish last year that you can renew the league through yahoo? i think that's what happened last year. if there's anything you need me to do for the league, let me know.

Im good with all those deadlines that gives everyone a week to prepare and 10 hours is plenty of time for most to pick and im pretty sure we will have a spot or 2 open

good deal. i'm guessing that since you were the commish last year that you can renew the league through yahoo? i think that's what happened last year. if there's anything you need me to do for the league, let me know.

Yeah, I'll renew it through Yahoo once they open up registration

I agree that the 23rd as the cut off date should be plenty of time. It looks like most everyone from last year is back anyway. The 1st of Feb. sounds good to kick off the draft. Cut it a little close near the end last time. As far as draft order goes, I think random would be best.

Looking like Cable Guy will atleast get in since Falconsfan only signs on about once every few weeks or so im not sure he could even keep up with the draft to do it