Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookie3127

AFMB 2010 Fantasy Baseball

227 posts in this topic

almost that time of the year to kick off the league. thought i'd see who all was interested in participating this year. we offer spots back to those who competed the year before, so if there are any who competed last year, feel free to claim your spot. i can only think of a handful of users from last year....

myself

waterproof_ace

good ol boy

capologist

eddieK

wta

unknown

jgator

any spots that aren't claimed will be open to others who may want to join, so if you played last year, post here if you're going to be playing again. i'll send out PM's to those that i remembered. if any of you guys think of anyone else that played, shoot them a PM to see if they're interested. if i didn't remember you, my bad. :D

keep in mind that the draft is done here on the MB's and takes about a month and a half to two months to complete. if you are returning from last years league or wanting to go on the waiting list, please keep this in mind. if you can't dedicate the time needed, you may want to consider not joining. not trying to detour anyone, but it can be pretty time consuming over the next couple of months.

we usually have a time limit of 10 hours, i think, for someone to make their pick to try and accommodate work schedules. if you fail to make a pick in the allotted time limit, the draft continues as normal while we wait for you to make your pick. you may make your selection at any time after that. if you pick a player that has already been picked, i believe that we continue the draft as normal and you may change your pick at any point as long as you don't pick someone who has since been picked.

feel free to correct me if i made a mistake.

I'm in if you have a spot open

just sent out PM's to the one's that i remembered, but i'm fine with first come, first serve for any open spots, so as long as everyone else is ok with that, you're first in line IMO.

1) WTA

2) SacFalcFan

3) Goodoleboy58

4) Waterproof_ace83

5) Pick 6

6) Falconsfan567

7) Mookie3127

8) Unkn0wn

9) Capologist

10) Uga_dog1

11) EddieK -

12) Jgator

Last years draft order I found the thread

PM's sent to the others. the one's in bold have claimed their spot.

WTA

SacFalcFan

Goodoleboy58

Waterproof_ace83

Pick 6

Falconsfan567 Cable Guy

Mookie3127

Unkn0wn

Capologist

Uga_dog1

EddieK keller24VT

Jgator

any kind of deadline that we want to set to start accepting others to fill any vacant spots that aren't claimed? today's the 16th, so do you guys want to give everyone until the 30th of this month to claim their spot? that's 2 weeks to claim spots and give's us just over 2 months to complete the draft.

Waiting List:

Cable Guy

Keller24VT

ugaboi724

im in... i mean i am reigning champion and all ;)

*1. Goodoleboy 205-163-28 .553 9 - 4 72

*2. Team Jojo 194-174-28 .525 20 4-13-1 12 26

*3. Swingerz 197-180-19 .521 21.5 10-7-1 7 7

*4. Buffalo Bills 216-156-24 .576 - 7-10-1 3 31

*5. Matty Ice 198-174-24 .530 18 - 11 51

*6. Cuban Raft Riders 197-173-26 .530 18 - 6 53

7. Gator Mafia 195-180-21 .519 22.5 10-8-0 8 33

8. Crazies 170-196-30 .467 43 8-10-0 5 14

9. DawgsRulz 179-192-25 .484 36.5 9-7-2 9 12

10. H-Town Bombers 164-206-26 .447 51 7-9-2 2 3

11. Change We Need 152-217-27 .418 62.5 - 10 41

12. Cappy's Gloryhounds 152-208-36 .429 58 - 1 17

Of course Im in. Wouldnt miss it for anything. I have to avenge my worst showing ever since the creation of the league.

so we're half full. we'll see if the others are interested. when you guys get a chance, figure out how you want to handle any open spots and when to have a cut off for anyone else to claim their spot before offering it to someone else

Open spots should just be handled first come first serve Cable Guy being the first on the waiting list

Im not sure but I doubt Falconsfan can do it hes hardly ever on anymore so we will probably have 1 spot open

first come, first serve works for me as well. i haven't seen a few of the guys on in a while. i don't frequent many of the other forums, but i don't remember the last time that i saw WTA, waterproof, falconsfan, or eddiek. you guys have any suggestions on a time frame of when to open up any unclaimed spots? 2 weeks from today is the 30th, so that should be plenty of time IMO. that would give us about 2 months to complete the draft here on the MB's.

i also added a couple of paragraphs about the draft should anyone want a refresher and for any potential new members want some more info. you guys feel free to add anything that i may have left off.

I think first come, first serve is the fairest way to go about it if we end up having some open slots that need to be filled. Looking forward to it... :)

so looks like it'll be first come, first serve for any empty spots. what kind of cutoff do you guys want to agree of for everyone from last year to claim their spots by? i think we need to try and kick off the draft by Feb. 1st to make sure we have plenty of time to complete the draft and get the rosters in.

should waterproof not join (since he was the commissioner last year), i'll create the league and keep the settings the same as last year unless there are any changes that you guys want to make.

or are we going off the standings from last year? I woudlnt mind that id have the last pick... which would be good for me since im in Afghanistan and dont want to be holding things up when its my turn