Crennel to Atlanta ?

Bad Idea if you ask me. He will do whatever is asked of him obviously but I dont think he enjoyed it at the senior bowl he played in. I cant see this franchise and this fan base giving Kroy 2 years to learn to play OLB. Jamal Anderson anyone?

Could you imagine Weis and Crennel back together again? With Scot Pioli as the GM? Makes for some nice possibilities.

I think the answer to the mystery team can be narrowed down to a handful of teams.. namely those still in the Playoffs. If a team who is sitting at home had an interest there would be no reason at all to be secretive about things, but a team still in the playoffs isn't going to want to cause themselves any distractions.

I don't think it is us though. The team and front office seems happy with BVG. He managed to get the run defense going with our mix and match parts as well has getting some promising play out of young guys down the stretch. I think he gets one more year to prove himself with some better parts to work with.

Bad Idea if you ask me. He will do whatever is asked of him obviously but I dont think he enjoyed it at the senior bowl he played in. I cant see this franchise and this fan base giving Kroy 2 years to learn to play OLB. Jamal Anderson anyone?

I would love the 3-4 but I agree, bad idea. We have been scouting and drafting 4-3 guys. That would be a total set back. Sorry Karst41. The idea is good but it would be a huge set back for our young guys and personnel. 2 to 3 yr process with the players we have to make a successful switch.

Could you imagine Weis and Crennel back together again? With Scot Pioli as the GM? Makes for some nice possibilities.

I know it's a bit off subject, but I can't help but get the feeling that these guys kind of resent the success in NE.

After all, Billicheat is oftentimes the one everybody points towards and gives credit to for that success. When, these other 3 deserve a large part of the credit.

If they team up, it gives me the impression they are out to prove it's not just a one man show up there in Boston.

I would love the 3-4 but I agree, bad idea. We have been scouting and drafting 4-3 guys. That would be a total set back. Sorry Karst41. The idea is good but it would be a huge set back for our young guys and personnel. 2 to 3 yr process with the players we have to make a successful switch.

Hey no problem at all.

This subject gets bantered about every year so i figured why not.

But the one thing that is so popular about the 3-4 is that it is easier and

cheaper to build than the 4-3. (DE Tweeners / OLB's)

Being that a Solid DE commands a lot of money to keep and is real hard

to replace.

With the 3-4 it is real hard to get that Monster NT like Rogers.

But you are looking at 1 player vs. 2

Yes it does.....I really hope it comes to fruition. Has anyone heard that Kroy Biermann is an alternate for the probowl? I would imagine its for special teams but hey its some good news for you. I doubt alternates know for sure for a while though. I think they just let them know so they can be prepared for the game if they are asked to officially come.

I would be very surprised if Smith wants to change DC' right now. This is Mike Smith's defense anyway. He's not going to bring in someone like Crennel who would want to do things his own way.

Exactly! BVG has done a good job considering 3 of his starters(PJ, William Moore and Brian Williams) were lost for the season. The defense progressed with a young squad and we improved our run defense big time. We get Moore and PJ back and I'm sure TD will add some more play makers this off season. BVG will be fine. As long as a coach/player shows progression, I don't see them getting axed.

<h2 class="title" property="dc:title">Giants and Chiefs may want Crennel</h2> By Mark J. Miller

ept_sports_rumors-487312759-1262960435_thumb.jpg?ym0MNfCDXRW94TINRomeo Crennel was an assistant with Bill Parcells for more than 10 years and has worked with Giants head coach Tom Coughlin before for three seasons. Now he is apparently in conversations with the New York Giants about possibly filling the hole at defensive coordinator.

The Giants have already interviewed Perry Fewell, who was just fired as the interim head coach of the Buffalo Bills. Fewell will get a turn in the interview chair for the Chicago Bears' defensive-coordinator job next week.

The word is that the 62-year-old Crennel, who is in Aruba right now, could end up with the Kansas City Chiefs, too. And, according to the Boston Herald, there is another "mystery team" that wants to change defensive coordinators but doesn't want to be public about it just yet.

Are the Falcons "The Mystery Team ??

Im just saying is all.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the mystery team is the Miami Dolphins.

UPDATE:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/11/dolphins-fire-defensive-coordinator-pasqualoni/

Dolphins fire defensive coordinator Pasqualoni

Posted: January 11th, 2010 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Miami Dolphins, Paul Pasqualoni, Tony Sparano

The Dolphins announced Monday they have fired defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni after two seasons.

“I want to thank Paul for his services to the team, and I want to wish him the best,” Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said in a statement released by the team.

Pasqualoni’s defense ranked 22nd in the NFL this season, allowing 349.3 yards per game. The Dolphins were 24th against the pass (234.6 ypg) and 18th against the run (114.7 ypg).

The Dolphins finished the season 7-9, two wins out of a playoff spot, after winning the AFC East in 2008.

This confirms my initial hunch that Crennel is going to the Dolphins and not us.

Update dated January 13th: Crennel new Chiefs DC.

Edited by Chitown2ATL_Falcon

Odds are its KC..but Miami might be a second choice. Moving the Chains hosts Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan have him to KC and also reported this news about Miami firing their DC. I think if there was anything to it I would of heard it from them today as they are usually pretty dialed in on coaching changes...but you never know

Odds are its KC..but Miami might be a second choice. Moving the Chains hosts Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan have him to KC and also reported this news about Miami firing their DC. I think if there was anything to it I would of heard it from them today as they are usually pretty dialed in on coaching changes...but you never know

I heard Crennel was going to KC, and Miami doesn't want him. You guys are really turning into the KC Pats, huh? (Nothing wrong with that :ph34r: )

I heard Crennel was going to KC, and Miami doesn't want him. You guys are really turning into the KC Pats, huh? (Nothing wrong with that :ph34r: )

Nope nothing wrong with that at all....I think TD getting out of NE kind of started the ball rolling glad we were paying attention. Nothing like following the Jones's.