hey fellas i got a question

If this is a serious question then it is because he sucked. Peerless Price that is. He had one good yr in the NFL and we signed him to a big long contract and he never came close to being a #1 WR. Not even close. Elam on the other hand is tied for the NFL's longest ever FG with a 63 yarder and has two SB rings and is going to be a HOFer some day. Then he came here and helped us for one yr then had a bad yr this year for whatever reasons. There is no comparison. Basically Peerless let us down and had a bad attitude to boot. That's why he was so bad. He basically stole money.

Peerless had a great year in 2002 catching 94 passes. After our NFCCG against the Eagles Michael Vick openly pined for Peerless to be signed. Price was supposed to be the great receiver that the Falcons needed to excel. He is regarded as a disappointment, as during his two-year stint with in Atlanta, Price was unable to produce any breakthrough numbers, and was considered a great bust. The Falcons earned the NFC South division title and a bye in 2004 relying on great defense and the rushing game. He was released during the 2005 offseason. After being released, he sped off in a BMW, but not before screaming "I hate y'all" to members of the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

The positive is that he was a total Blank pick.

Blank was new to owning the team and thought maybe he would be a little Jerry Jonesish.

The silver lining is that Peerless blew up in his face and was one of the factors that led AB to realize he should hire a real Football Mind for GM.

It took a few more years, but this is the big one that started the ball rolling towards the TD hiring and Blank being the #1 Fan and Checkwriter. Not a meddlesome owner.

They were blaming Price's drops on Vick being left handed. They never could give them a reason for him dropping passes from the rest of the guys.

Which reminds me of when they asked Vick if he was ambidextrous, he replied, "No, I'm equal handed" :lol:

The reason for the comparison to Elam was based on whether or not Elam blamed others for his misses. Clearly he did not. Price, on the other hand, was always claiming to be victimized by the bad play of his team mates.

Price was good, but he didn't live up to his expectations. People on here always make an average or subpar player sound like they were the worst in league history. Just ignore them.

Don't get me wrong. We definately got screwed with the Price deal but he was our number one receiver for two years. He was okay but we gave up a first round pick for him when he ended up only being worth a 3rd maybe.

Oh and Price is a douch

Edited by FinneranForever

Well my opinion might differ from some of the others, but Peerless was probably a combination of him not being a #1 receiver only benefitting from having an all pro on the other side of him in Buffalo, and not having a true passer being able to throw the ball. Not only did him and Jenkins take greif back then, but I distinctly remember ol Roddy taking a beating as well. Those are all gone now. Things might have been different then then.