Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SWIFT HITTER

**Watch for Sergio Kindle Tonight **

19 posts in this topic

Kid has the athleticism to play DE OR OLB . We need these type of players on defense that can be a play maker and has the capability to switch up his positions if the team needs be so ..

Coverage/Zone defense skills: Has the speed to run with receivers, tight ends and backs. Is a little slow reading and reacting to the quarterback. Is quick adjusting to pass plays- gets to the flats in a hurry when given pass responsibility. Limited experience in coverage, but Kindle has the skills to become a playmaker. Does a good job knocking down passes and getting his hands up.

Instincts/Recognition: Is a quick read from the defensive end/elephant position in the Texas hybrid defense. Is best when able to freelance and make plays in the open field. Can be tricked by misdirection and too quickly relies on his speed and strength instead of reading the offense. Loses sight of the ball carrier at times. Can be described as wreckless in his pass rush at times.

Pass Rush: Speed, strength, athleticism and size are off the charts. Has elite-level speed and closing quickness. Very fast off the ball. Has experience playing in a three-point and two-point stance. Shows great explosion. Has a good bull rush and will use it to overrun backs in blitz pick-up. Needs to do a better job of using his hands to disengage tackles and guards. Tries to outrun most blockers. Must develop secondary moves. Has a nice shoulder dip. Great flexibility in his hips allows him to take angles that most pass rushers cannot.

Pursuit/Lateral movement and agility: Has great speed and agility. Loses sight of the ball too often and falls back in pursuit. Is late to react at times. Has no trouble running down backs and receivers. Closes quickly and aggressively on the quarterback. Turns the corner well. Good agility (footwork, balance, flexibility).

Quickness/Explosion: Will test off the charts at the Combine and Senior Bowl. Is a flash off the line of scrimmage and will beat most tackles off the ball- especially right tackles.

Strength/Ability to shed blocks: Struggles when locked up. Must learn to use his hands, as well as secondary moves to bypass blockers. Top-level strength. Has gotten stronger in his senior season by dropping weight and adding muscle.

Tackling: A violent tackler. Kindle has great strength and speed- and combines them when hitting the ball carrier. Great arm length allows him to wrap up and stop plays at the line of scrimmage.

Versatility: Has proven that he can play as a defensive end in the 4-3, or an outside linebacker in either the 3-4 or 4-3. Similar to former teammate and Washington Redskin Brian Orakpo- who has excelled at outside linebacker in his rookie season.

Final Word: What most scouts will point to first are nagging injuries during Kindle’s first two seasons, as well as off-field issues. Kindle actually drove his truck into an apartment in Austin (however no charges were filed). Has grown up considerably in his last two seasons. Kindle is now considered a leader on the team and has shown he can be reliable and responsible. Credit Will Muschamp for his maturation as a player and individual.

Kindle has the skill set to see his stock soar during the pre-draft process. His size, strength and speed at the position will make him a valued prospect to 3-4 teams.

Its time we start drafting play makers.. he has also had some off the field trouble but has grown up so if the Falcons want to beat there chest about picking good conduct players yawwwwwwwwnnnn

its a tired act cause we will run Babs out there to make plays in the middle of the dline..

Kindle has def. got the skill set to play OLB in a 4-3. Another guy to look at it Swift.....Rolando freaking McClain! McClain is a TD type player in all aspects of his game...

Kindle has def. got the skill set to play OLB in a 4-3. Another guy to look at it Swift.....Rolando freaking McClain! McClain is a TD type player in all aspects of his game...

I like McClain but I think he benefits a alot from having a monster in the middle like Cody...Cody takes up blockers so they are not able to get to 2nd tier... think he is a much better fit for 3/4 ILB

doesnt have that sideline to sideline range...would be worried about him zone scheme as well

Eactly - Look for Rolando to be the defensive star of the game.

I like McClain but I think he benefits a alot from having a monster in the middle like Cody...Cody takes up blockers so they are not able to get to 2nd tier... think he is a much better fit for 3/4 ILB

doesnt have that sideline to sideline range...would be worried about him zone scheme as well

No man, you're selling him too short. McClain isn't a first round pick b/c of Cody. McClain is a first round pick b/c of McClain.

he's a 3-4 OLB. Trust me. I've seen him play plenty of times. He'll be good though. And that's helmet to helmet contact on that play. Should have been called. ******* joke. Pause at :45. I mean, isn't that the very definition of helmet to helmet contact? I mean, his ******* helmet comes off!!!

I like Sergio Kindle.... We could use him similar to the way Washington use Brian Orakpo (even tho Orakpo does struggle in pass coverage) ... That LB/DE role...

After saying that... I dont know will the guy pass the Falcon Filter..... Kindle has did some stupid stuff...

I am also a huge fan of Kindle. There are really only 2 things in question about him coming to Atlanta:

1. He has had a past of off the field issues. He has admitted that when he got to Texas he didn't expect it to be the type of atmospher it was. He said that he often got into fights on Texas' ever-so-popular Sixth street and would often drive drunk (which he was arrested for in 2007). The bad decisions continued when he crashed into an apartment building while he was apparantly texting on his cell phone.

2. Is he fit for a 4-3? Most pro people consider him to be more of a hybrid 3-4 OLB/DE. Even though he only had 3 sacks this passed season, he is regarded as one of the better pass rushers in this draft. He also shows a lot of similarities to many of those types of players that have been successful in the 3-4 defenses in the NFL today.

With all that said, I would still love to have this guy in Atlanta. I think he has the talent to play DE or OLB for us. It may take a year or so to get him ready to play those positions. If you remember back when we acquired John Abraham, there were questions on how he would fit because with the Jets he played a little bit of linebacker also and was successful there. When he came to Atlanta, he did a fine job. (Understanding he had an off year this passed year, but he also had a foot injury) But all in all, I would love to see Kindle in Atlanta.

Weatherspoon will be our guy.

dont know. he wont go round one, and we dont have a second. If he falls to the 3rd maybe.

And other LBs better than him have fallen to round 3, so we shall see.