Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falconslife

!NEW! MOCK OFF-SEASON

9 posts in this topic

Comp. Picks: 3rd(Foxworth), 5th(Boley), and 7th(Jackson) round picks.

Trade 1st round pick for a late first round pick and a second round pick.

Notable FA Signings:

DE/DT Richard Seymour - This signing could not be more obvious. Mike Smith LOVES "crosstrained" Dlineman. Seymour has played every Dline position for the Raiders. He has been very effective this year, even being on the Raiders, and really looking like he does not care this season. He is from the south. Went to the University of Georgia. TD worked with the Patriots and I would assume scouted him. He would give us a force across from Abraham that we have not seen since Patrick Kerney. He is arguably the most dominating runstopping DE in the league. This allows us to save a early draft pick and instead wait on Biermann and Sidbury.

CB Marlin Jackson - Just came off injury, but fits our defense perfectly. He is a VERY smart corner. Has great size(6'0") and has great ball skills and instincts.

Re-Sign: Norwood, Snelling, Redman, Clabo, Koenan

Draft:

1st Anthony Davis OT Rutgers - Is the best run blocker in the draft hands down. He is an athletic freak. He has great size. If you had sked someone to build the perfect OT his body would look like Davis'. And if Dahl doesn't return, then Clabo can switch back to his natural poistion at RG.

2nd Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri - TD is very high on him. He reminds me so much of Curtis Lofton coming out. Although Lofton was a little more impressive on tape, they both are not great athletes or have great size and measurables but are old school football players. He can cover well and get into the backfield.

3rd Dezmon Briscoe WR Kansas - Has great size and speed. Amazing leaping ability. Has some of the best hands in the draft. Imo he is the most underrated WR in the draft and one of the top underrated players overall. He is Michael Jenkins with speed and hands.

3rd Matt Tennant C Boston College - Already has great chemistry with Matt. Is a good center prospect for the future.

4th Patrick Stoudamire CB Western Illinois - He very, VERY, rarely thrown against. Has great size. Breaks up almost every pass thrown his way. Has prototypical size and speed for a zone corner(5'11" and will run around a 4.49 or 4.51). He reads plays really well. We have met with him 3 or 4 times. When he played against Arkansas and Wisconsin he did not allow a TD and played very well. Did not allow a TD all year.

5th Geno Atkins DT Georgia - A good UT prospect. Would look good as Babineaux's backup.

5th Tony Moeaki TE Iowa - A great receiving TE, with great ahnds and great speed.

6th Leigh Tiffin K Alabama - I like Matt Bryant, but I don't want to have to worry about his age in a few years like Elam. I want a younk kicker to kick for us for the next 10-15 years.

7th LeRoy Vann RS Florida A&M - Vann is the best return man in the country. He has great vision and amazing speed. he is small but is very compact. His big thighs and is hard to bring down.

So Basically we come out of the draft with 11 picks and 6 picks in the first 3 rounds:

1 Peria Jerry(basically missed all season)

1 Anthony Davis

2 William Moore(basically missed all season)

2 Sean Weatherspoon

3 Dezmon Briscoe

3 Matt Tennant

4 Patrick Stoudamire

5 Geno Atkins

5 Tony Moeaki

6 Leigh Tiffin

7 LeRoy Vann

Depth Chart:

QB - Matt Ryan

FB - Ovie Mughelli

RB - Michael Turner

WR1 - Roddy White

WR2 - Dezmon Briscoe

SLOT - Harry Douglas

WR4 - Michael Jenkins

TE1 - Tony Gonzalez

TE2 - Tony Moeaki

LT - Sam Baker

LG - Justin Blalock

C - Todd McClure/Matt Tennant

RG - Tyson Clabo

RT - Anthony Davis

RE - John Abraham

DT - Peria Jerry

DT - Jonathan Babineaux

DE - Richard Seymour

OLB - Mike Peterson

MLB - Curtis Lofton

OLB - Sean Weatherspoon

CB - Chris Owens

FS - Thomas DeCoud

SS - William Moore/Erik Coleman

CB - Marlin Jackson

K - Leigh Tiffin

P - Michael Koenan

PR - LeRoy Vann

KR - LeRoy Vann

That is a VERY improved defense. We would be much better in coverage not only in the secondary but at the LB's. That Dline is scary with Jerry and Seymour freeing up space for Abraham. And Babineauz being one of the Top 10 DT's in the league.

we dont have a 2nd round pick. The mock is straight. We dont be signgin Seymour so you might wont to adjust you mock so that you are drafting a DE.

Comp. Picks: 3rd(Foxworth), 5th(Boley), and 7th(Jackson) round picks.

Trade 1st round pick for a late first round pick and a second round pick.

Notable FA Signings:

DE/DT Richard Seymour - This signing could not be more obvious. Mike Smith LOVES "crosstrained" Dlineman. Seymour has played every Dline position for the Raiders. He has been very effective this year, even being on the Raiders, and really looking like he does not care this season. He is from the south. Went to the University of Georgia. TD worked with the Patriots and I would assume scouted him. He would give us a force across from Abraham that we have not seen since Patrick Kerney. He is arguably the most dominating runstopping DE in the league. This allows us to save a early draft pick and instead wait on Biermann and Sidbury.

CB Marlin Jackson - Just came off injury, but fits our defense perfectly. He is a VERY smart corner. Has great size(6'0") and has great ball skills and instincts.

Re-Sign: Norwood, Snelling, Redman, Clabo, Koenan

Draft:

1st Anthony Davis OT Rutgers - Is the best run blocker in the draft hands down. He is an athletic freak. He has great size. If you had sked someone to build the perfect OT his body would look like Davis'. And if Dahl doesn't return, then Clabo can switch back to his natural poistion at RG.

2nd Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri - TD is very high on him. He reminds me so much of Curtis Lofton coming out. Although Lofton was a little more impressive on tape, they both are not great athletes or have great size and measurables but are old school football players. He can cover well and get into the backfield.

3rd Dezmon Briscoe WR Kansas - Has great size and speed. Amazing leaping ability. Has some of the best hands in the draft. Imo he is the most underrated WR in the draft and one of the top underrated players overall. He is Michael Jenkins with speed and hands.

3rd Matt Tennant C Boston College - Already has great chemistry with Matt. Is a good center prospect for the future.

4th Patrick Stoudamire CB Western Illinois - He very, VERY, rarely thrown against. Has great size. Breaks up almost every pass thrown his way. Has prototypical size and speed for a zone corner(5'11" and will run around a 4.49 or 4.51). He reads plays really well. We have met with him 3 or 4 times. When he played against Arkansas and Wisconsin he did not allow a TD and played very well. Did not allow a TD all year.

5th Geno Atkins DT Georgia - A good UT prospect. Would look good as Babineaux's backup.

5th Tony Moeaki TE Iowa - A great receiving TE, with great ahnds and great speed.

6th Leigh Tiffin K Alabama - I like Matt Bryant, but I don't want to have to worry about his age in a few years like Elam. I want a younk kicker to kick for us for the next 10-15 years.

7th LeRoy Vann RS Florida A&M - Vann is the best return man in the country. He has great vision and amazing speed. he is small but is very compact. His big thighs and is hard to bring down.

So Basically we come out of the draft with 11 picks and 6 picks in the first 3 rounds:

1 Peria Jerry(basically missed all season)

1 Anthony Davis

2 William Moore(basically missed all season)

2 Sean Weatherspoon

3 Dezmon Briscoe

3 Matt Tennant

4 Patrick Stoudamire

5 Geno Atkins

5 Tony Moeaki

6 Leigh Tiffin

7 LeRoy Vann

Depth Chart:

QB - Matt Ryan

FB - Ovie Mughelli

RB - Michael Turner

WR1 - Roddy White

WR2 - Dezmon Briscoe

SLOT - Harry Douglas

WR4 - Michael Jenkins

TE1 - Tony Gonzalez

TE2 - Tony Moeaki

LT - Sam Baker

LG - Justin Blalock

C - Todd McClure/Matt Tennant

RG - Tyson Clabo

RT - Anthony Davis

RE - John Abraham

DT - Peria Jerry

DT - Jonathan Babineaux

DE - Richard Seymour

OLB - Mike Peterson

MLB - Curtis Lofton

OLB - Sean Weatherspoon

CB - Chris Owens

FS - Thomas DeCoud

SS - William Moore/Erik Coleman

CB - Marlin Jackson

K - Leigh Tiffin

P - Michael Koenan

PR - LeRoy Vann

KR - LeRoy Vann

That is a VERY improved defense. We would be much better in coverage not only in the secondary but at the LB's. That Dline is scary with Jerry and Seymour freeing up space for Abraham. And Babineauz being one of the Top 10 DT's in the league.

Seymour won't be leaving oakland, He will get resigned. I quite like marlin jackson. Oline addressed early which i like also. Id be very happy with this, dont think it will happen though.

You guys actually think Seymour will be resigning in Oakland? Please. I'd be more than shocked. Dude is used to winning Super Bowls and you think he really wants to stay in Oakland and lose for the rest of his career? Not sure if we will get him but I know TD knows how good the guy is first hand. I would love to have him at the right price. He is getting older so I would in no way over pay the dude though.

Not a bad draft but I wouldn't go after Geno Adkins. I am a huge Dawgs fan and dude is inconsistent at best. Made big plays but gave up many many more. Plus, with Peria coming back and Thomas Johnson and Vance Walker getting significant playing time and doing quite well as of late, I think we are set at DT. JMO.

Richard Seymour is more of a 3-4 defensive end, right? How does that fit the Falcons 4-3 scheme? Also, dude is old and wants top dollar - I think Seymour is worth more money to a 3-4 team than to the Falcons.

I like the 1st round offensive tackle pick. We really need an upgrade on the offensive line - but we have bigger needs at Defensive End and cornerback. Unless we address the defense substantially in free agency, I don't see how we can take an offensive tackle in the 1st round - as much as I would like.

Norwood and Clabo need to be let go....both will get more money than they are worth in free agency. I like Clabo but he cannot pass protect worth a flip - even though he is a good run blocker. Matt Ryan simply cannot sit in the pocket because pass protection is so bad. Norwood is just injured too much to be worth any substantial amount of money.