My Open Letter to the Falcons

Dear Smitty and the players:

I know this has been a tough season for you guys, what with an insane amount of injuries, a REALLY tough schedule, a ton of young players who need more time, and officials who seemed to have it out for you.

It's been tough for us too. That amazing season last year caused us to all set our expectations WAY too high. A lot of us may have wanted too much too soon.

That being said, I appreciate the fight you guys have shown this season and I especially appreciate the win against the Jets. Out of the playoffs and on the road against a team with something to lose, you played hard and preserved hope for us having that elusive back-to-back winning seasons.

Win two more for us and we can go into the off season feeling even better than we do now about next year.

Thanks,

A Fan

Expectations may have been high, but if not for all the injuries I think no doubt we would be in playoffs. With that said injuries are a part of the game and if nothing else it has hopefully made us a deeper team going into next year. Also if you would have told me 2 years ago we would have a shot at going 9-7 this year we would gladly have accepted that considering where this franchise was at.

I know this has been a tough season for you guys, what with an insane amount of injuries, a REALLY tough schedule, a ton of young players who need more time, and officials who seemed to have it out for you.

It's been tough for us too. That amazing season last year caused us to all set our expectations WAY too high. A lot of us may have wanted too much too soon.

That being said, I appreciate the fight you guys have shown this season and I especially appreciate the win against the Jets. Out of the playoffs and on the road against a team with something to lose, you played hard and preserved hope for us having that elusive back-to-back winning seasons.

Win two more for us and we can go into the off season feeling even better than we do now about next year.

Thanks,

A Fan

Well said!

gb

Thanks,

A Fan

A good post. I agree with all your points. Today's win against the Jets gave a much needed boost to my enthusiasm for the Falcons!

Thanks,

A Fan

Great post. Very well said.

Thanks,

A Fan

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!