number 1 seed

falconsd56

Has a number 1 seed in either conference won the super bowl....

as a matter of fact it is the only time it has happened the entire decade of the 2000's

The last team before that was 1999 Rams.

Maybe the saints should lose to Carolina or the Buc's just so they do not continue the "curse of number 1"

interesting tidbit it you ask me ;)

We're not in the AFC brainiac :lol:

Yea I know this....... man

The point is just because you are an "nfc" team it does not mean as much as you guys are wanting to make it out to be.... we have seen at least one 13-0 team for the last 3 strait years....

We have seen several 15-1 nfc teams which is the best you can do right now

How about this stat:

The last 3 NFC teams to start 10-0, won the Super Bowl.

Washington Redskins, 1991, 11-0- Super Bowl champs

New York Giants, 1990, 10-0- Super Bowl champs

Can't remember the other, but you get the point! happy.gif

how about the last 15-1 team in the nfc team??

They also had a suspect defense....and at the time the greatest offense the nfl had ever seen...

my point of this is, you keep wanting to throw "the first nfc team" crap when history is NOT on your side

how about the last 15-1 team in the nfc team??

They also had a suspect defense....and at the time the greatest offense the nfl had ever seen...

my point of this is, you keep wanting to throw "the first nfc team" crap when history is NOT on your side

The stat I posted says otherwise. But hey, you keep saying 15-1 so I guess your assuming we'll win the last two games even though we're crap?

But I guess what I'm trying to get across to you is more of this:

History is a load of crap, BS. For every stat you want to throw out, there is another one that I can throw out that makes you look wrong. That's just the way history is. It's a waste of time. Proves absouletly nothing.

Guess what else? History is also irrelevant because the teams your throwing out there aren't the Saints, and the Saints aren't that team.

PS- Isn't your team playing? Why the heck are you on the computer?

Edited by nolafan33

You're missing your team playing for this first back to back winning season... to prognosticate about what you hope happens to our team? What a fanbase your birds have cultivated rolleyes.gif

he is waiting for the eagles game to start like every other turd fan except some of the dedicated falcon fans on taft (and I literally mean only three or four posters lol.

The stat I posted says otherwise. But hey, you keep saying 15-1 so I guess your assuming we'll win the last two games even though we're crap?

But I guess what I'm trying to get across to you is more of this:

History is a load of crap, BS. For every stat you want to throw out, there is another one that I can throw out that makes you look wrong. That's just the way history is. It's a waste of time. Proves absouletly nothing.

Guess what else? History is also irrelevant because the teams your throwing out there aren't the Saints, and the Saints aren't that team.

PS- Isn't your team playing? Why the heck are you on the computer?

Really???

Then how come you have bringing up historical stuff ever since you were 10-0?

so its crap when it does not favor the saints but its some how even semi relevant when it does?

Gotcha.

as far as why im on the computer.... thats how I do the games, I listen online with field pass.

When I got my house in Aug, Direct tv were being complete and utter doosh o matics... at least the local installers were, and the local cable company Cox was just crazy expensive for what they gave you, and the fact I work nights and really don't watch much tv outside of nfl network, comedy central, food network , and history channel I could not justify paying 100 bucks a month for it....for just "basic" digital cable

and btw the saints are not crap....... you guys have one of the best offens's I have ever seen and if Drew Brees does not win OPTY AND MVP if you guys want to Riot I am right there with you... He is hands down best qb in the NFC, and is closer to Manning and Brady then any falcon fan , myself included cares to admit.

You guys have a good O-line despite the debacle last night, and while you may not have the best wrs in terms of talent individually, but work as well asa unit as I have ever seen.

Those reasons alone is why you will be competitive..... and truth be told you probably will win one of the playoff games depending on who you play. I could easily see you knocking the cards the F out... simply because Warne some how much sleep talk with a cajun accent because dude looks like Delhomey out there some times.

I could also see you beating the packers simply because they allow way too many guys in Rogers face... not to mention it would be his first time as a starter in the playoffs, and in an environment like the super dome I think would be too much.

Al that said... deny it if you want your defense IS what is going to hurt you.

You are not getting enough actually pressure on the qb, you are having issues stopping the run especially with Ellis gimpy, and Sharper is looking older and slower by the game., yea I know you are going to get Greer back but he cant be every where, and if you think Oc's in the nfl have not seen the last few weeks what happens when sharper gets isolated one on one... you are mistaken because it truly is a copy cat league.

Really???

Then how come you have bringing up historical stuff ever since you were 10-0?

so its crap when it does not favor the saints but its some how even semi relevant when it does?

Gotcha.

as far as why im on the computer.... thats how I do the games, I listen online with field pass.

When I got my house in Aug, Direct tv were being complete and utter doosh o matics... at least the local installers were, and the local cable company Cox was just crazy expensive for what they gave you, and the fact I work nights and really don't watch much tv outside of nfl network, comedy central, food network , and history channel I could not justify paying 100 bucks a month for it....for just "basic" digital cable

There's a difference in what I did and what you are doing. I was making it known that only a few teams in NFC history have been 10-0 or 11-0. That is a nice little accomplishment.

You on the other hand are trying to convince yourself that the Saints don't have a shot because history says so. Like I said, history is a load of crap. History isn't final, and history can be rewritten. History has loopholes, you can throw around your little number 1 seed stat all day, but on the other end that have been teams that have won the Super Bowl going 15-1, 14-2, or 13-3. Kind of makes the number 1 seed stat irrelevant, doesn't it, or atleast cancels it out. Like I said, history is a load of BS because for every tidbit you have there's another someone else has.

You want the biggest proof of this? History says the Saints shouldn't be 13-1 and the #1 seed. But we are, aren't we? History says the Arizona Cardinals should have never reached the Super Bowl last season. History says the Falcons shouldn't have beaten the Bears twice in a row. History says the Browns and the Raiders are two of the best teams in the NFL. History said the Wright brothers should have never been able to fly. History says the Falcons won't finish 9-7. History says Santa Clause and Dracula ARE real. Again, history is a load of horse crap.

I know you don't have the brain capacity to pull that all in, but that's about as real as it gets.

Edited by nolafan33

and btw the saints are not crap....... you guys have one of the best offens's I have ever seen and if Drew Brees does not win OPTY AND MVP if you guys want to Riot I am right there with you... He is hands down best qb in the NFC, and is closer to Manning and Brady then any falcon fan , myself included cares to admit.

You guys have a good O-line despite the debacle last night, and while you may not have the best wrs in terms of talent individually, but work as well asa unit as I have ever seen.

Those reasons alone is why you will be competitive..... and truth be told you probably will win one of the playoff games depending on who you play. I could easily see you knocking the cards the F out... simply because Warne some how much sleep talk with a cajun accent because dude looks like Delhomey out there some times.

I could also see you beating the packers simply because they allow way too many guys in Rogers face... not to mention it would be his first time as a starter in the playoffs, and in an environment like the super dome I think would be too much.

Al that said... deny it if you want your defense IS what is going to hurt you.

You are not getting enough actually pressure on the qb, you are having issues stopping the run especially with Ellis gimpy, and Sharper is looking older and slower by the game., yea I know you are going to get Greer back but he cant be every where, and if you think Oc's in the nfl have not seen the last few weeks what happens when sharper gets isolated one on one... you are mistaken because it truly is a copy cat league.

And I'll disagree. Without someone getting bent out of shape, I'll try to explain the Saints defense and why we are somewhat struggling:

Two of the most important players for our defense, is Jabari and Tracy. We've been vulnerable in the secondary without them. Gregg Williams' defense scheme depends highly on the corners and their ability to play solid man coverage. Both were playing excellent before their injuries, and they rarely made mistakes. Our entire D is predicated on corner play because when they are doing their job that allows the DL to get good pressure on the QB, coverage sacks, and it also allows us to stack the box and stop the run. Lastly, it allows Darren Sharper to roam the secondary and make plays, instead of playing as a standard FS which makes him vulnerable. Once Jabari, Tracy, and Big Sed all return and are near 100%, I expect to see a very much tougher defense.

Even so, I think our defensive struggles are somewhat overblown. The past 7 games, we are allowing just 21 points per game. With our offense, I like our chances to score over 21 points. Our offense has scored less than 21 points only 13 times in the past 64 games under Sean Payton, with 4 of those coming in 06 and 4 coming during that 0-4 start in 07. So the past 42 games we have scored under 21 only 5 times, that is a incredible stat.

Edited by nolafan33

It's not really surprising. Even as the #1 seed you still have to go 3-0 and it just shows how hard it is to win 3 games in a row in this league, much less 13. But typically at least one #1 seed makes it to the Super Bowl.

The important thing obviously is to be healthy. The Giants didn't have Plax last year so that was certainly a problem against the Eagles. The Saints were without 6 starters last night and two just came back from injuries... including Porter who only saw limited action. And then 4 other guys that started last night got hurt. It's certainly a concern at this point in the season.