Now that the Falcons are officially eliminated from the playoffs . . .

Now that the Falcons are officially eliminated from the playoffs, Matt Ryan and Michael Turner should be allowed to sit out the rest of the year so they can heal up.

We need to tank the rest of the season for better draft picks. We need the best 1st round pick possible so we can trade down for a 2nd round pick and recoup the one we wasted on Tony Gonzalez . . .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the Falcons are officially eliminated from the playoffs, Matt Ryan and Michael Turner should be allowed to sit out the rest of the year so they can heal up.

We need to tank the rest of the season for better draft picks. We need the best 1st round pick possible so we can trade down for a 2nd round pick and recoup the one we wasted on Tony Gonzalez . . .

They can "heal up" in January, February, March, and April.

I hate this kind of bullsh*ttalk.

No, No, No. We need a winning season. Tanking to jump up 6-8 picks in a very deep draft is stupid.

You're not tanking to just jump 6-8 picks. You're tanking to trade back from that pick so you can get a 2nd round pick in this "very deep draft" (as you put it).

We have a lack of talent. We need more quality picks.

Back to back winning seasons does nothing (other than get some idiots to stop mentioning it); it won't even get you an oatmeal cookie . . .

Tell us all how the Tony Gonazalez trade was a waste????

OMG some people on here haven't a clue...... :wacko:

You're not tanking to just jump 6-8 picks. You're tanking to trade back from that pick so you can get a 2nd round pick in this "very deep draft" (as you put it).

Back to back winning seasons does nothing (other than get some idiots to stop mentioning it); it won't even get you an oatmeal cookie . . .

I'm willing to bet your first Falcons Jersey was probably a Vick 7. Just a wild guess... <_<

This team has had the worst luck of any team in NFL history. Yet we still have a chance at a winning season. It's time to see if these guys were really contenders last year or if they're still wannabes, because a contender will take this bad season and all the misfortune and try and get the best of what they can. Their is no reason to tank this team needs to prove that this is not the same falcons this team and this coaching staff has pride in themselves and will fight till the bitter end.

Exactly, time to get that monkey off our back. Even if we couldnt get a winning season I still wouldnt wantm my team to tank. No TRUE fan would ever want their team to tank for a "better" draft pick.

Oh yeah, you're a "TRUE fan" because you're tired of hearing idiots talk about not winning back to back seasons.

I'm not a "TRUE fan" because I want the team to have the best opportunity to get more talented, with the rest of this season being meaningless . . .

So you want us to tank the season so we get a higher 1st round pick, so then we can turn around and trade it for a second round pick...... just wow.

Oh yeah, you're a "TRUE fan" because you're tired of hearing idiots talk about not winning back to back seasons.

I'm not a "TRUE fan" because I want the team to have the best opportunity to get more talented, with the rest of this season being meaningless . . .

How are we going to get more talented by sitting Ryan and Turner? They will have all offseason to rest.

If you consider Tony Gonzalez a waste to the Falcons I have no idea what you should be called in relation to these boards.

To tank the rest of the season for a better draft pick is ********, if you want a better draft pick I hear the Lions are looking for fans, even better you could go with the Rams. No real fan wants to tank for better picks, mostly because those picks carry no weight if you dont draft the right player. I would rather win out and finish the season strong.

To tank the rest of the season for a better draft pick is ********, if you want a better draft pick I hear the Lions are looking for fans, even better you could go with the Rams. No real fan wants to tank for better picks, mostly because those picks carry no weight if you dont draft the right player. I would rather win out and finish the season strong.

Sounds like you don't have faith in Thomas Dimitroff's talent evaluation skills . . .